[PS3] Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten

Ultiɱℯciɑ

I've beaten it last week and just wrote a full-fledged review a few minutes ago (going to translate it later) . This game was very good.

They finally let go on having a Etna-like rival character and as result the entire main cast is pretty much awesome.

Valvatorez the main character is a vampire, a former tyrant who stroke fear into the hearts of humans and demons alike but felt into Hades, the Netherworld's prison after losing his powers thanks to a promise: he refuses to drink human blood. Then he became a proud prinny instructor and avid fan of sardines (yup!) and was quite happy with the situation until he saw how the Netherworld had decayed after he "disappeared". Then he decided to throw the entire government and bring Hades to both the Netherworld and the human world to discipline them accordantly and bring down the terror they so rightfully deserve! His loyal servant, the werewolf Fenrich is happy with this turn of events and uses all his cunning and vicious methods to help his enthusiastic and a bit naive master .(He is so dedicate to the point the rest of the party asked if he was gay)

Fuka Kazamatsuri is a dead high school girl from Japan (or it's equivalent) which believes she's just dreaming. She was supposed to be a prinny but the shortage of prinny hide was so severe they gave her a cap and "Good luck with that dood!". Desco is supposed to be a Final Boss but she act like a little girl and follows Valvatorez to learn how to do it; Emizel is the son of the president (you know, the guy Valvatorez wants to kick ass) and tries to stop the rebellion but is kind of a wuss and fails miserably and joins the party when the newspapers start saying he was dead. And, of course, Volcanus, the Angel of Avarice, stealing from the demons to send money to Celestia! What a party.

There are few changes from the mechanics but they are great fun like GIANT MONSTER UNITS (Godzilla is now possible!) and dual wielding magichange! There are online features like map creation, exchanging maps, sending members to appear to somebody else's assembly and...PIRATING AT SOMEBODY ELSE'S ITEM WORLD! Whoooa!

That's one fun game to play if you like tactical (strategy) RPGs.

I love the fact you can attack people in item world if they have it set to allow you too http://mugenfreeforall.com/public/style_emoticons//tongue.png and steal their stuff. also how your characters can randomly show up in item world against others.

there used to be a glitch that allowed you to capture the other persons character people had like 10 laharls 10 valvatorez ect it was exploited heavily and fixed before coming to america XD. I have seen most of the game story mode and gameplay and i still want to play it myself have to get a ps3 first though. I just hope in disgaea 5 I am the main character again http://mugenfreeforall.com/public/style_emoticons//tongue.png and I would love for a return of mid-boss and others. Still disgaea 4 is definitely the best one gameplay wise and its story is actually good it rivals the first one almost.

personally i never cared for the disgaea series. at all. i remember back in the day when the first game was released, and people talking about how funny it is. but it never peaked my charts of funny.

My main beef with Disgaea series is they overuse too much the characters from the first game, specially the ones I don't think they are funny (namely: Etna and Flonne). Etna sure, she was cool...For one game. Flonne was annoying from the get-off. I think in terms of humor, Disgaea 3 and 4 are much superior. I burst into laughter while playing the 4th game, really

and there god damn sprites piss me off. the first 3 game had more or less the same sprites. the 4th had high resolution sprites. but i dont see why they cant use 3d models or even HIGHER resolution sprites like what capcom did with street fighter 2 HD remix.