DONATIONS! 2016!

Ryon

no offense but mugen guild is a much bigger forum, and they never asked for donations, so why? besides they host tons of sites

this invision power shit is way too expensive, there are better stuff out there with 70usd lifetime license no shitty renewal every year

even free forums are way better than this, for spam there are plenty of free addons

I really don't understand why anybody would want to use IPS, this is really bad management, move on to something else and you have halved the fees

Mugen guild's webmaster (Nunor) has a private server, that he maintains himself. So they save money on hosting. I do not have that nor the money for that.

I've used several hosting sites in the past, the free ones suck. your limited on what you can do.

the ones you pay for, it all varies.

I've used PHPBB 2,3, and I waited for YEARS for 4 but that never came out its almost good to assume there dead (with the exclusion of there annual "security update" which does nothing because bots spam there boards like crazy, even with add on's.

I've also used SMF2.0 , and that hasn't been updated in years ago other than security updates. That was great for a while but soon I realized how filled with bots it is.

IPB is something I've wanted.(I originally wanted vbulletin) Not to mention it has one of the best anti bot / spammer systems ever. I'd say 1 out of 500 people are wrongfully auto banned.

IDK why you even dignified that sht with a answer Admin Sensei Ry. Regardless of why help was needed to help our forum we did because we have love for it. Did you make a Profile just to bump the Guild? Fuck you and your reservation of offense. I will gladly take a warning point for the integrity of this site and my muthfuckin homie/admin. Take your ass back to the guild with the fuckatry brah.

IDK why you even dignified that sht with a answer Admin Sensei Ry. Regardless of why help was needed to help our forum we did because we have love for it. Did you make a Profile just to bump the Guild? Fuck you and your reservation of offense. I will gladly take a warning point for the integrity of this site and my muthfuckin homie/admin. Take your ass back to the guild with the fuckatry brah.

This the first time I agree with you, even with that language has good points Mr.Cayne, but also the boss Mr.Ryon Persaud.

Excuse me, well if you feel uncomfortable let me know and i dont gonna speak no more about this. I do not want to bother anyone here, or inconveniencing someone.

Dude you gotta stop being so overly polite your being a jerk!

Seriously, Loosen up and relax, were all mellow here. Especially Cayne.

Excuse me, well if you feel uncomfortable let me know and i dont gonna speak no more about this. I do not want to bother anyone here, or inconveniencing someone.

It's ok just sounded kinded naggy since that was like your third time mentioning it. I'm sorry if you thought I was snapping on yea.................................people know when I'm snapping on them lol.

Did you make a Profile just to bump the Guild?

do you mean i am a secret agent recruited by the guild to post advertising here?

dude don't skip your paranoia pills or whatever can heal that

i was genuinely providing advices on how to reduce the fees

paying a yearly fee for a forum nowadays is insane, but if you're fine with that, whatever

do you mean i am a secret agent recruited by the guild to post advertising here?

dude don't skip your paranoia pills or whatever can heal that

i was genuinely providing advices on how to reduce the fees

paying a yearly fee for a forum nowadays is insane, but if you're fine with that, whatever

Secret agent? Somebody just gave themselves a nerd-gasim. Nope I definitely didn't see you like that. That would be dumb. I wont even give you the attention of debating with you like I do others here. No your not that relevant sir. Now u do have minimal activity here in this forum and what do you with your activity? You come on a administration sub-forum, enter a support request thread, and tell us how backward we are for not using the Guild's method's. It's obvious there are regular everyday members here who are members there as well who kept that sht to themselves. Is it your money being requested specifically? No? You could have said that exact samething to Ry in a private msg, but instead u want to stir some sht and you can flex that you weren't all day long, but most of us know better.So stfu, no really just stfu. Dismissed.

Yes i think we shouldn't debate on this topic. As The Boss explained he did his best to keep this site running for awhile and he just need alittle help with keeping This Web-service going. Things are getting more expensive these days to the point sometimes people come together to keep things like this forum community running.

I've also used SMF2.0 , and that hasn't been updated in years ago other than security updates. That was great for a while but soon I realized how filled with bots it is.

They've released a beta(?) of 2.1 recently.

I combated bots with a sign up question. That's really all it took. There is also a forum mod/addon called Forum Firewall where you can protect from bots, spamming, and even help prevent DDoS attacks. I stopped using i tbecause its too damn complicated for me, but nonetheless bots weren't a huge problem and the bit of a problem they were got nullified with my kickass signup question.

Bot banning is fun anyway. :)

You should also look at http://www.elkarte.net/

Anything is appreciated Zemi.

@ Genesis , Yeah I tired the question thing to, You'd be suprised how many bots can bypass that.

there is a strange group of people that make accounts or mass accounts and then use bots from that point, to bypass questions.

its rather funny actually the MFFA question when registering is so easy. WHAT DOES MFFA STAND FOR.

I've gotten 2 e-mails asking me what is the password. LOL

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...