Pixel Fight

Алексей

Looking great, man! I personally like how you don't need custom ports for it either. Can't wait for the release.

Thanks man! As much as custom ports can look awesome, the extra work isn't worth it in my opinion. Standard ports and laziness ftw! :)

Thanks guys! I got some feedback on MFG and will be making some changes. Namely, the scanline is going away because it looks weird and doesn't really fit with the theme as well as the stat bars. I'm going to replace it with some more generic that doesn't really need to serve a functional purpose (which was the flaw with the stats), but still serves its design purpose. That is, three stars that are animated in. They'll fit the theme, so no worries there.

Here's what I had in mind for that:

LD6bY5q.png

We have lifebars... sorta:

hh65bAj.png

After lots of trying different things, I'm pretty happy with this for the lifebar design. I plan on having the bars be animated with some sort of pixel-like movement going on in each one. The round time cube will be shinning (please mind the crude glow to represent that). The background color is darker in this because I wanted the bars to stand out. With too many bright colors around, one's eyes tend to wander. At the same time, I wouldn't the background of the bars to distract you from the fight. The background is designed to cycle through colors like the background of the screenpack.

How's your current progress? Haven't heard about it from you in a while, so I'm just curious as it's looking very nice so far.

I was stuck for a bit, but picked it up again and completed the Fight, Round, KO, etc. animations, the combo counter and win counter icons and the announcer voice. All that's left for the bars is to make Turns and Simul variants. After that, I'm probably going to make some custom fightfx for them too. :P

The bars are almost done. I did turns already. Now we just have simultaneous (does anyone even play this mode? XD) bars to do.

m5PyclG.png

Excuse the ports. They are currently scaled for 426 localcoord, whereas the bars are prepared for standard 320,640,1280 localcoords.

Looks absolutely amazing! For someone to replace those lifebars, they'd have to be REALLY good. And I enjoy simul mode myself, especially with the 3v3 and 4v4 MUGEN mods. If only there was a 1.1 version of them.

Looks absolutely amazing! For someone to replace those lifebars, they'd have to be REALLY good. And I enjoy simul mode myself, especially with the 3v3 and 4v4 MUGEN mods. If only there was a 1.1 version of them.

Haha, thanks man. The simul bars are a little tricky as mugen is preventing me from doing what I want to do, but I'm trying to find a work-around for it, or at least some suitable compromise.