[Gen6] Tier List: Shaymin-S banned from Doubles OU (08/20/15)

RicePigeon

Mega Charizard X, or any physical attacker that exclusively uses contact moves for that matter, isn't exactly the best way to deal with Aegislash especially considering King's Shield's attack drop effect. The only exception to this is Bisharp thanks to Defiant, but even then, Aegislash commonly carried Sacred Sword.

So along with the Tier shifts for Singles, we also have the Doubles tier shifts.

Rises

323.png323-m.png moved from Doubles UU to Doubles OU

645.png moved from Doubles UU to Doubles OU

151.png moved from Doubles UU to Doubles OU
461.png moved from Doubles UU to Doubles OU

Drops

609.png moved from Doubles OU to Doubles UU
386a.png moved from Doubles OU to Doubles UU

473.png moved from Doubles OU to Doubles UU
678.png moved from Doubles OU to Doubles UU

233.png moved from Doubles OU to Doubles UU

373.png moved from Doubles OU to Doubles UU
080.pngx568l7X.png moved from Doubles OU to Doubles UU
260.pngvSaxZS9.png moved from Doubles OU to Doubles UU

637.png moved from Doubles OU to Doubles UU

In addition to this, however, a new Doubles metagame known as Doubles NU (DNU) was created. The following are all Pokemon that are currently DUU, and thus banned from the new tier;

460.png460-m.png142.png142-m.png306.png306-m.png065.png065-m.png059.png683.png699.png009.png009-m.png628.png437.png609.png693.png091.png563.png342.png169.png555.png386a.png691.png621.png356.png604.png589.png330.png596.png423.png649.png706.png210.png297.png392.png385.png553.png646.png380.png380-m.png428.png428-m.png448.png448-m.png068.png473.png310.png310-m.png678.png620.png350.png034.png038.png233.png243.png373.png254.pngns1PnDU.png080.pngx568l7X.png199.png143.png327.png260.pngvSaxZS9.png642-s.png641.png494.png637.png

Mega Charizard X, or any physical attacker that exclusively uses contact moves for that matter, isn't exactly the best way to deal with Aegislash especially considering King's Shield's attack drop effect. The only exception to this is Bisharp thanks to Defiant, but even then, Aegislash commonly carried Sacred Sword.

I can usually call when the opponent uses King Shield.

So with Aegislash failing to return to OU, we already have our next attempt to balance out Singles OU

645.png
The tiering OU Council has decided to test Landorus-Incarnate this round.

Landorus-I has been a dominating force throughout the 6th Generation, both in XY OU earlier and ORAS OU currently. With its impressive base 125/115 offensive stats, backed up by an above average 101 base Speed, decent defenses (for an offensive Pokémon), a wide physical and special movepool and an excellent ability in Sheer Force, Landorus-I represents an extremely versatile Pokémon, that, in the hands of an expert player, becomes incredibly hard to stop. Landorus-I can fulfll several roles into any given team. It can act as a mixed wall-breaker, as a lure for specific Pokémon, and as a late game sweeper with access to stat boosting moves such as Rock Polish and Calm Mind. While the current OU metagame is ruled by incredibly powerful Mega-Evolutions (such as Lopunny and Metagross), according to many players, there are a few traits that make Landorus-I stand out:

• its absurdly powerful special attacks (Earth Power, Sludge Wave, Focus Blast, Psychic), which get boosted by Sheer Force and get a recoil-free Life Orb boost;
  • its unpredictability, which allows it to use mixed sets to get get rid of many of its common switch ins (see Knock Off for the Lati twins and Rock Slide for Tornadus-T and Zapdos);
  • the lack of true counters, with the exception of Mega-Latias;
  • the fact that, despite all of the above, Landorus-I doesn't occupy the Mega slot.
These characteristics make Landorus-Incarnate quite a restricting threat in terms of team building.

That being said, Landorus-I is by no means unstoppable. Its Speed, while good, makes Pokémon such as the Lati twins, Gengar, and Tornadus-Therian capable of outspeeding and revenge killing it with relative ease. It's weak to common priority moves such as Aqua Jet and Ice Shard. Furthermore, it can't run all of its coverage moves on the same set, meaning that with a some smart switching, it's possible to scout its set and counter it accordingly.

At the end of this Suspect Test, qualified voters will be asked to decide the fate of this extremely controversial Pokémon.

For this round we're gonna have two alternative ways to qualify for voting:
1) Laddering: you'll need to achieve a COIL rating of 2700 or more on the OU Suspect Test ladder (in which Landorus-I will be banned), that will be implemented very soon. This round you will also be required to keep a minimum win/loss ratio of 2:1. Please note that this rating may not be the final required rating, and we reserve the right to increase or decrease the requirements based upon the first week of laddering;
2) Suspect Tours: check McMeghan's thread.

The suspect test will last for approximately 2 weeks and will end on Sunday May 31. The vote will take place in roughly one week after that.

Kinda saw this coming. Pokemon Online already succeeded in banning this thing from their OU tier, so it was only a matter of time before Smogon followed suit.

Keep in mind this suspect test only affects Landorus-Incarnate (645.png), so Landorus-Therian (645-s.png) is unaffected by the results of this suspect test.

Mega Salamence might be unbanned from Doubles OU

373-m.png

Welcome to Doubles OU's second suspect test of the ORAS era! This month we're going to be revisiting Salamencite - banned by only one vote last time around and before Mega Diancie's rise to stardom, we're going to see if we're ready to take on this titan of a Pokemon.

The test will run for three weeks. Requirements come in two parts: ladder reqs and posting reqs. This time we'll only have one ladder, where Salamencite will be unbanned. To obtain ladder reqs, reach 2400 COIL on the ladder. I'll post the alt confirmation thread when I can be bothered. The posting reqs mean that you have to contribute in some way to this thread's discussion about Mega Salamence to vote. Please make sure to actually read the arguments others present for and against its brokenness (or lack thereof) and respond accordingly, or introduce new points; do not simply rehash an opinion. A sheer volume of people saying one thing or another will change nobody's opinion so make sure you're actually doing something to make people think. These reqs are subjective, meaning that the leadership can decide that you didn't meet them, even if you posted, if your posts aren't up to par. That means your post needs to make legitimate points (no "it's not broken if you can use it too") and show good metagame knowledge.

• 2 weeks later...

Smogon's suspect test for Landorus-Incarnate is over;

645.png

Even though we're still missing a few votes, they would not change the outcome of this Suspect test. Landorus' fate is decided and I'm going to anticipate the results of the vote:

Number of votes: 159
Ban: 120
Do Not Ban: 39

75,5% of the voter pool decided that Landorus should be banned. Expect the ladder to be updated soon.
For the record, Landorus already had gathered enough votes to get the boot no matter what yesterday in the early afternoon for the europeans!

Please make note that Landorus's other forme, Landorus-Therian (645-s.png) is not affected by this suspect test and remains unbanned in Singles OU. Only Landorus's Incarnate forme is banned.

Also this may be a bit late, but Pokemon Online has also banned Landorus-Incarnate a few weeks ago.

Reuniclus and Noivern are now both banned from RU

Reuniclus Results:

53 Ban
8 do not ban
2 Abstain

Noivern Results:

54 Ban
7 do not ban
2 abstain

Reuniclus is banned from RU with a super majority of 86.9% of the vote and Noivern is banned from RU with a super majority of 88.5% of the vote, thank you to everyone who participated in this suspect test.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...