KOFXIII Japan 1.1

Websta

Fuck, why does it have to be 1.1 exclusive?!

I'm pretty sure you can do that for 1.0 with minimal colorloss as well, if you just do it right.

Heres a main reason why make it 1.1: Time and effort.

You have to index and clean (cuz alwasy end up with white edges after index) around 3000 HD images and some of them may need RGB plus the long ass code lines so yeah making it 1.1 32 bits saves a lot of time and gives better results graphicaly.

^Actually there isnt a real diference with 1.0 to 1.1 coding in base asides from the Zoom which is optional and easy to remove for the most.

This is all abut the graphics besides if hes a 1.1 user and wants is stuff to be 1.1 for any reasons the downloads or how many ppl can use it shouldnt be a excuse to stop doing it.

^Actually there isnt a real diference with 1.0 to 1.1 coding in base asides from the Zoom which is optional and easy to remove for the most.

This is all abut the graphics besides if hes a 1.1 user and wants is stuff to be 1.1 for any reasons the downloads or how many ppl can use it shouldnt be a excuse to stop doing it.

you are right but i feel the need to correct you about one thing

other than zoom, you can use new features like sprite interpolation and rotation, as well as scaling with 1.1

you are right but i feel the need to correct you about one thing

other than zoom, you can use new features like sprite interpolation and rotation, as well as scaling with 1.1

Yeah but those came as "Extra Stuff" as the animated parallax that isnt requiered or obligatory for the stage base.

Okay, excuse me for using wrong words.

I meant that what 1.1 can do with 32-bits can be recreated almost flawlessly with MUGEN1.0 coding.

you're still wording it wrong lol

32-bit refers to graphics, not coding.

With enough effort, the graphical part can be done in 1.0, but even then, the engine has a tendency to display certain colors in a weird way (i don't believe it would happen in this case). The effort for a 1.0 version of this is just a bit much, is all. This is an annoying stage to make haha

In other words, it's not impossible, just a lot of work.

I never said 32-bit coding, though. :P

32-bit refers to graphics, not coding.

Neither did I. Technically, there is no such thing as 32-bit coding. It's the same coding as 1.0, 32 refers to the graphics used. Mugen usually is limited to 8-bit indexed sprites, 1.1 is not.

I meant that what 1.1 can do with 32-bits can be recreated almost flawlessly with MUGEN1.0 coding.

Maybe we're saying the same thing and don't know it. It's just the way you're writing it isn't making sense.

Yes, you can have mugen display the same graphics in 1.0 and code it for 1.0, but the graphics are still a big factor. 32-bit graphics/1.1 allows you to use certain things that are limited with 1.0. You can't create the exact same look without making more sprites and using alpha and sub transparency. There are ways around that using alpha transparency, but then depending on the stage, you'll end up creating a lagfest for people with lower end pc's. Especially in this case.

The stage could be made without the alpha trans, but it won't look as nice and it'll take longer. You'll have to deal with beating the colorloss with jigsawing (you could RGB but people will complain about the white bg during supers), you would have to index every anim in this stage, and the edges would be more jagged on everything. The presentation wouldn't be as nice.

So yes, it can be done, but it really isn't worth the effort for people who don't need to do it. If someone wants the stage in 1.0 bad enough, they can learn how to do it on their own. With Websta's version available, they don't even need to do as much work since alignment is basically done. It just comes down to colorloss and indexing really.