Is the mugen running out of variety with the characters

subzerokid100

Im going to keep it real and not sugar coat shit like other muthas been doing on here. they keep remaking the same characters over and over and over again because they have no skill in coming up with an idea for other characters so they still stay in  the same zone they dont leave. half of the people can do 1 thing but not another.. for example infinitymugenteam are nice when it comes to the sprite game can can put shit together but the code game(acey) is trash and use the same damn style of code.... not only that but alot of them are young and prob never heard of alot of characters  or games from the past so stick to shit they know of and seen like. street fighter and king of fighters. The mind to have it where break away from tradition. I think of mugen like the human race. If everyone stayed to there same color and thats it there would be no mixed babies. so like mugen there would be no mixed sprites ,effects,sounds, pallet's,or code.

Thats why people like infinte,race certain other creators and my self. break that mind set.    This message has been brought to you by   http://shadow-intel.com    

walks out.. 

I try to keep the variety of characters for MUGEN alive with chibi Digimon characters though not many is fond of because of the size, but I do the best in my ability to make them good because a majority of the creators who made chibi Digimon in the past didn't make them play that well. Sometimes I wish someone will make characters from other series/universes other than SF and KOF series, whether they're human/human-like or not.

• 3 months later...

Yeah, I've noticed a huge overflow of very similar cartoon characters with the same movelists. Quarter-circles for everything and the supers are all quarter circles plus 2 punch or 2 kick, and often have the same results.

You know why there's no "originality" nor "variety?" It's because it's in the eye of the beholder. Just because you think something isn't original, doesn't mean that someone else doesn't either. Also, the majority of people gravitate towards the same things. The community shows you what they like and what they're into, and creator's create to satisfy that need, as it were.

Many people love Street Fighter. They probably grew up with it. Let's take on person from that group. Maybe that person see's two different Ryu's completely differently. They see the first as source accurate and the second as custom. Well, by definition, the custom Ryu is adding variety to the mix, because the author decided to do something different.

You can't simply assume that your opinion of mugen is the same as everyone else's. I swear, it's like the same exact crap from MFG...

Are you B_______________... ?

Look at the amount of content in MUGEN. Now, look at the amount in Game X, Game Y and any other game. Note that even if a character is made 4000 times in MUGEN, it's very likely that all 400 will have various ideas implemented in different ways or to different extents. MUGEN is only going to "run out of ideas" when everything that anybody would ever want is done for it. And in that case, it wouldn't matter if we ran out of ideas cause we'd have everything.

On some serious shit though if a person feels that strongly that the MUGEN community is lacking then they need to jump in and create some NEW stuff themselves also....seriously...the more people contribute as creators the MORE content in variety we will have to enjoy. Everybody having the same ideas gets stale and corny fast so support and learn to create with your own vision 

plain and simple.,.

...or perhaps someone could start designing characters on their own to help add some more variety.  The game engine (MUGEN) does have some limitations, but, as people experiment around more those limitations are more because what makes a game unique is stuff that isn't in every game.  With that said, you can adapt stuff to add in extra things but how much stuff do you really want to add to EVERY character ever made to make them completely compatible with each other.  Just some thoughts.  But also, some like to add something different while others just wanna 'contribute' something.  Like the real world, everyone is different.  :=D:, some more different than others.

• 1 year later...