Squirtle's House

CozySquirtle

Do you remember playing Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Red Rescue Team/Blue Rescue Team and as you progressed through the game you were able to make a better team base? I was always fond of this idea when I played the game. I remembered my team going through hell as fugitives just trying to make everyone in Pokemon Square believe it wasn't you, but they wouldn't listen all because of Gengar. So, along the way you had to face Moltres and Articuno. Within the process, you gained a team member, Absol. So, after being done as fugitives, your partner basically says "We can make our base better." Before your able to start making a new team base, you had to stop the Mankey Gang from causing anymore irrational behavior. Upon their defeat, they apologize and decide they want to make it up to you and your partner by helping you build your team base. So, finally after getting the Mankey Gang their chestnuts and finishing the team base, they decide that they want more chestnuts! But, your partner tells them that their job is done that their services are no longer required, but the Mankey Gang doesn't like that idea and tries to destroy the team base! Luckly, with the help of other Pokemon Square members, your able to calm the Mankey Gang down and save your new home. So that's basically that in a nutshell.

Stage notes: It may not be the 'best' stage that I've made, but it was created for the use of fun and nothing else.

qpnKiCL.png

Layered: Yes/No (Sorta)

Animated: Yes (Clouds are animated; Used Balths animated cloud code)
Super Jump: Nope
BGM: Nope (Will put one up soon)

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/0k58cgkfzed0ubb/Squirtle's_House.rar

With Ground: http://www.mediafire.com/download/qfyal176u0v87z3/Squirtle's_House_with_Ground.rar

Not to be rude, but I think you should re-add the backdrop, as well as maybe add some ground for the players to stand on, or make it more visible. The stage looks very distorted, which is usually a sign of improper scaling. If you can't get the right size, you might need to do a little custom work to make it look good.

Not to be rude, but I think you should re-add the backdrop, as well as maybe add some ground for the players to stand on, or make it more visible. The stage looks very distorted, which is usually a sign of improper scaling. If you can't get the right size, you might need to do a little custom work to make it look good.

Well, the image itself, I might not be able to do anything with, but adding some ground might be a good idea, sadly, Spriters-Resource is down and I don't want to use other game sprites that isn't related to Pokemon. I do thank you for the feedback. At first, I was going to add some grass so it made it look like the characters were fighting on grass, but the idea didn't fit too well or at least in my head. 

Here is something I did with the sprites. Its a copy paste job I did.

kantostarterroad_zps9416d325.png

I don't know why you would choose the houses as a stage when a lot of the backgrounds would be more suitable.

If the characters are fighting atop that cliff there, then this seems quite plausible. The perspective's a bit off and the cliff is a tad distorted, but it's quite nice.

I have to agree on with them Squirtle because if you can imagine the cliff part will be where the Fighters take place and the houses will be the background, but then again you try to make it more towards your Idea. so its pretty good so far. :goodmood: