MUGEN Review/Evaluation MFFA Style

Werewood

@Borewood2013

Could u send me a PM?

i wanna ask u something.

Oh why don't you PM me?  It is interesting that you ask me to PM you :o  Anyway, PM'ing you soon.......

@ShirokinoKaijin

You may want to start by reviewing our very ZombieBrock VIP's cool MUGEN palettes.......I would like to but I am color-blind so.....

Oh, I did not know that. Well I'm not sure if I can do a good job.

Don't worry, people will understand if this is going to be your first-timer...........hopefully.........:p

If someone is going to irresponsibly bash your trial just to try to piss you off on purpose and ask you to stop reviewing, then I will try to support you by defending for you with all my might.

if u do decide to do mine, i already know im not perfect, i have made some i am very proud of & even went back & Re did some of my earlier pallets after i got good at it , so it wouldn't bother me a bit, i enjoy criticism 

Apparently Darkflare's and your MUGEN reviews/feedbacks must be 120x better than my first-ever one.

Meh. I don't like to claim I'm better than anybody else. I let the feedback itself talk when it happens.

Okay, as Demonkai is keeping this topic peaceful, I promised him to give his Legendary Bogard a MUGEN review (heck, why the green me).
Now I am keeping my promise.

-------------------------------------------

My second MUGEN review is:
Legendary Bogard by Demonkai (V3 or file version date 2014-02-04)
Download can be found at Demonkai's MUGEN web site: http://legendarykailabs.webs.com/

1) Introduction

Demonkai mugenized his version of a CVS Terry Bogard. This version of his shows that he is a true Terry Bogard fan.
You may discover some unique features which are not included in some other versions of CVS Terry Bogard's.

2) About the Legendary Bogard MUGEN character

It is obvious that this MUGEN character of Demonkai's is from the Fatal Fury/King of Fighters/Capcom VS SNK series.
H0P50MH.pngtBqEhok.png
It is a 7-button MUGEN character - three(3) punches, three(3) kicks, and one(1) taunt(start) button.
Legendary Bogard can be called a "AIO Terry Bogard" - you may find almost every different Terry Bogard's' features All-in-One.
* please see the included Moveslist.txt for moves details
Normals (only the ones that need some attention):
H0ki31h.png s.close.(z)
tlHNa1z.png s.close.©
Super Jump:
zJ7kmVX.png
Air Dash:
4Lnw3NT.png
Throw (heavey punch):
GmRTwfR.png
Throw (heavey kick):
badxEFF.png
Specials (besides Terry's signature specials RISING TACKLE/POWER WAVE/OVERSHIFT STYLISH/CRACK SHOOT/BURN KNUCKLE/POWER DUNK):
WDVAMpZ.png AIR BASH: D,DB,B+Z (only in air)
9330l5q.png Gut Punch: F+yQfvUob4.png Gut Punch: F+y
Ec9mmCp.png Chin Check: B,F+byGv0jEo.png Chin Check: B,F+b
B2NXyg0.png WOLF SPEED: B,F+c
VauLxOT.png POWER KICK: b+a (in air too)
* more in the Moveslist.txt
EX Moves:
eJElWWB.png WOLF CRACK SHOOT: B,F,a+b
Wk6avZX.png SAVAGE POWER SLAM: F,D,B,b+c
3rLqIhN.png POWER CHARGE TACKLE: F,D,B,y+z
* more in the Moveslist.txt
DEFENSE/OFFENSE Features: Charge Up/Parry/Precision Counter/Agressive Counter/EX Guard Cancel/Evade & Dodges
Supers:
There are twelve(12) super moves, all are Terry Bogard's current and previous signature supers, divided into three(3) different levels.
Revenge Supers or Death Supers:
Demonkai's original desperation moves for Legendary Bogard, extremely stylish, splendid, and powerful.
pWPiBRr.png Ultimate Senpuuken Whirlwind: D,B,D,B,y+x
lGfIESp.png Ultimate Wolf Power: D,F,DB,B,z
Taunt:
wgpUqz9.png
* The control of this MUGEN character is suitable for even a keyboard-only user like me.

3) MUGEN raw materials

MUGEN character sprites: 2D - rating: 10/10
* tons of sprite edits done by Demonkai hence so much richness in moves - man I envy your sprite edit skill!
MUGEN visual effect sprites: 2D - rating: 9/10
* very rich VFXs
MUGEN audio effects: - rating: 10/10
* "From all that to tons of custom sounds I ripped, mixed down and edited on my own.." - man you were working so hard!

4) MUGEN gameplay

In my eyes, Legendary Bogard is a pure Terry Bogard's fan custom work and an all-around fighter.
You must be a Terry Bogard fan to realize most of its Fatal Fury references.
- He can do one(1) double jump while most other CVS MUGEN characters cannot. His double jump range is reasonable and acceptable.
- He can do air dash/hop yet he cannot seem to do anything much (except air parry) during so, until about to land.
- His standing close heavy punch is a powerful air launcher (no advancing).
- His standing close heavy kick is a powerful air launcher (advancing).
- His standing far medium kick has long range (advancing).
- His air heavy kick has really good cross-up property (probably due to the use of a Turn MUGEN sctrl).
- His crouching medium kick can be a surprise to P2 (advancing).
- His CRACK SHOOT special move can cancel from light to medium and to heavy versions. A new CRACK SHOOT gameplay given.
- His CHARGE UP can charge up a 5-level power gauge pretty fast.
- His RISING TACKLE is his best anti-air special move as it has full invincibility within the first few animation frames.
- His OVERSHIFT STYLISH seems to be an unsafe special move when P2 blocks/guards it.
  Yet, you can cancel it into many other special moves and super moves, that make it very flexible and convenient!
- His POWER DUNK special move is very effective against fireball-happy opponents and turtles.
- His Gut Punch and Chin Check special moves are good combo linkers.
- His BLAZE & DAZE special move seems to be a powered-up version of his OVERSHIFT STYLISHE special move.
- His WOLF SPEED gives him some DBZ fast warp ability.
- His SAVAGE POWER SLAM EX move is a command throw move that can even grab an aerial P2! Absolutely versatile!
- His POWER CHARGE TACKLE EX move shows his Ikari spirit when someone tries to challenge his might.
- His Counter moves require and consume only a small amount of his power gauge. Time to trick P2!
- His super moves contain both classic and creative features -- I like his Super Deadend Napalm the most!
- His Revenge Supers = a total devastation to P2 in a fearless wolf's way.
- Legendary Bogard does has some chain-combos and some 2/3-in-1 cancellables.
  The Super Cancels are quite effective.

5) Room for update

- I don't know if it was done on purpose, his crouching medium punch should let P2 be able to block/guard low,
it is because of its look and, his crouching light punch HitDef guardflag = M:
S3q0Bqa.png crouching light punch l1GcWHL.png crouching medium punch
- I don't know if it was done on purpose, his AIR BASH special move looks very much like an overhead attack that
should not let P2 be able to block/guard low:
Jmz95su.png
- I don't know if it was done on purpose, his CRACK SHOOT special move looks very much like an overhead attack that
should not let P2 be able to block/guard low:
ap34Ais.png CRACK SHOOT
- Some advancing normal moves like his crouching medium kick, when hitting P2 in the corner, it is pushed back too much to make combos harder:
RIBAG6u.png
* IMHO, advancing normal moves in corner should have from little to none corner push.
flIbqNQ.png
- His air heavy kick [stateDef 640], has inconsistent physics = A while all other air normals has physics = N
...especially a Gravity MUGEN sctrl is used.....
* air heavy kick seems to have similar sprited animation as Air Power kick's.
While Air Power kick [stateDef 6029] is a special, so physics = A and a Gravity MUGEN sctrl can be used to increase downwards speed
- during and landing state [statedef 6004] of his BURN KNUCKLE, the use of a Turn MUGEN sctrl seems to make him shake in an unnatural way, while he lands and P2 is hit in the corner:
o88NNiv.png BURN KNUCKLE hitting P2

hwbWhhF.png BURN KNUCKLE landing turned away

j7L9iyR.png BURN KNUCKLE landing turned back
- during EX SHATTER WAVE, the "EX Wave" Helper animation sprites has two(2) holes?
BuOsg85.png
- Both of his Agressive Counters [statedef 5309] HitDef getpower=180 and [statedef 5329] HitDef getpower=180 give back power.
- some of his special moves cannot do Super Cancel:
for example,
[state -1, Overhift Buster wolf]
type = ChangeState
value = 8023
triggerall= var(59)<=0
triggerall = Power >= 1000
triggerall = command = "Overshift buster wolf"
triggerall = var(27)=0
triggerall= statetype!=A
trigger3 = stateno = 6005 ;BURN KNUCKLE M => because it uses statetype = A as opposed to triggerall= statetype!=A above
trigger3 = movecontact
trigger4 = stateno = 6015 ;ROUND WAVE => because it has no HitDef but a Helper "R wave" with ID = 225044
trigger4 = movecontact     ;you may want to use Helper(225044), movecontact
.......                                  ;of course, you need trigger4 = NumHelper(225044) != 0 before trigger4 = movecontact first
* I still insist to turn on MUGEN debug mode, for my reason, please read "Borewood's personal related opinion" below
- his Chin Fader throw produces some MUGEN debug flood:
badxEFF.png
- his Geyser Quake super move [statedef 8045] to [statedef 8046] produces some MUGEN debug flood:
0imoBj8.png
1) why was a DestroySelf MUGEN sctrl used in [statedef 8046]?
2) those scattered rocks should not continue binding to him after the super move is finished
* I still insist to turn on MUGEN debug mode, for my reason, please read "Borewood's personal related opinion" below
- Legendary Bogard can be upgraded to MUGEN1.0+, so he can have victory quotes and victory portrait and much
better A.I. activation.
* I include MUGNE code-related feedback here because Demonkai asked me for that....

6) Conclusion

- Demonkai has done good job on bringing as many Fatal Fury Terry Bogard reference as possible to MUGEN.
- Most of Legendary Bogard's moves are quite faithful to the Terry Bogard's in Fatal Fury series.
- If you like a flashy CVS-ish Terry Bogard, then look no further.
- A special thanks to MFFA in the ReadmeCredits.txt is a BIG plus!
- Legendary Bogard's A.I. can beat my MUGEN characters' so I consider Legendary Bogard's A.I. medium-strong (my A.I. is just light-strong).

Borewood's personal related opinion (not really a review, just some my taste thingy)

- when I make/test/play MUGEN, I always turn on debug mode, so if debug flood appears then it blocks my MUGEN screen,
so I want both my own MUGEN stuff and others' MUGEN stuff not to have debug flood to block my MUGEN screen.
this is why I had to include debug mode review in the above "Room for update"
- both standing close heavy punch and kick air launchers....it might be good to not let P2 be able to do air-recovery:
UYe0uuf.png
- for my own taste only, Gut Punch and Chin Check could be used as normal moves instead of special moves
- some level 1 super moves deal less damage than some level 2 super moves
(i.e. Lvl2 Super Burning Tackle deals 96 damage while Lvl1 Overshift Buster Wolf deals 234 damage)
- some level 2 super moves deal more damage than some level 3 super moves
(i.e. Lvl2 Super Burning Tackle deals 96 damage while Lvl1 Overshift Buster Wolf deals 234 damage)
- level 2 super move Super Deadend Napalm deals way more damage than all other super moves, even Revenge Supers
- EX SAVAGE POWER SLAM [statedef 7020], its HitDef can use attr = S, ST instead of attr = S, NT

- about your Legendary Bogard MUGEN idea:
* after reviewing your Legendary Bogard, I could feel your passion => to mugenize a unique a "AIO Terry Bogard"
* I do understand how much you like Terry Bogard, and your intention of trying to share your MUGEN ideas with people
* it is because....my old SF4 Omni MUGEN idea was similar to yours:
http://page.freett.com/werewood/sf4omni/sf4omni_readme.html
* during my old SF4 Omni times, I thought my MUGEN idea and execution were so cool
* yet, the final result was one of the triggers that led me to my own MUGEN destruction
* and recently, Danie/Clone Koakumal in this MFFA topic taught me a lesson:
"
Danel/Clone Koakuma: "OH ANOTHER THING! Something that's reccuring on custom characters is overloaded system mechanics, often reffered to as clusterfuck, this means when a character has too many things in its gameplay system, specially ones that clash or not go that well together, this is a problem many custom characters have and makes the characters feel gimmicky and makes them seem to have stuff only to impress, not for gameplay purposes."
I re-think about his advise and I now consider such "clusterfuck" in MUGEN characters is....not good....
so I decide not to make any more such "clusterfucked" MUGEN stuff......at least for now......

- about your responses to the replies in your "Official ATV3: Legendary Terry Bogard Update thread" topic:

* I found that the way you responded kind of sounds like my way -- explain,defend,update,explain,defend,update,explain,defend,update,...
* you are luckier than me because your updates have been accepted by people, while mine has been rejected by MUGEN Pro's
* your E.Q. is better than mine; if I wasn't mistaken, you never rage-quit over others' e-bullying/e-haunting/e-bashing right?
* so, I fully understand how you feel when you have been wanting to show the others your MUGEN passion of something you like so much.

* even I am not a Terry Bogard fan, I could imagine your Terry Bogard MUGEN dream.
* way to go, my MFFA Demonkai pal!

dwsSzuC.png "Fight like a fearless wolf!"

at the behest of letting cooler heads  prevail i have removed all instances of "fighting" from the thread, including my own , so lets just move forward amicably 

Oh looks like I missed something after I logged off yesternight...................oh well.

Play with my terry.

Yo my purpose of opening this topic is, to encourage both newbie & oldies MUGEN Reviewers/Evaluators to share their MUGEN reviews/evaluations with the others (hey, keep our MFFA's theme - CARING IS SHARING - in mind).  I am a newbie in this field and somehow I have done two(2) within a relatively short time period.  The number has already gone beyond my expectation.  It is not my goal to become a MUGEN Reviewer/Evaluator.  I still have a lot of MUGEN WIPs and fixes/updates to do...........th_085_.gif...............

Hey Werewood, how about you review my character Daniel? http://www.mediafire.com/download/9hayxiiuhjtjkr6/Daniel_2xV2.1.rar Let's see if you can find most of the mistakes I made

Yo my purpose of opening this topic is, to encourage both newbie & oldies MUGEN Reviewers/Evaluators to share their MUGEN reviews/evaluations with the others (hey, keep our MFFA's theme - CARING IS SHARING - in mind).  I am a newbie in this field and somehow I have done two(2) within a relatively short time period.  The number has already gone beyond my expectation.  It is not my goal to become a MUGEN Reviewer/Evaluator.  I still have a lot of MUGEN WIPs and fixes/updates to do...........th_085_.gif...............

Werewood's color blind so you may have to ask someone else.

Finally someone noticed my eye problem!  yociexp85.gif

Oh geez, never knew. sorry about that.

How about giving Max Reco a review Borewood?

http://www.mediafire.com/?kvlj3a610wdq8oj

And, once again:

Any MUGEN content, be it motif/screenpack/stage/lifebar/character/font/palette!