Drahmin W.I.P.!

flammableking

Chuchoryu and I are making Drahmin from Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance! ^^ I've made several sprites of him so far, but he is not anywhere near complete. O_O I've only gotten so far as to make his walk animation; jump animation; a few punches; a couple club attacks; a crouch animation; and a little kick. ^^;; Lemme know what you guys think! =D

Didn't Chuchoryu already had a Tekken project of his own? In that case it amazes me he still has time to help you out.

Coding 2 characters in one month seems a lot to me but heck, what do I know about coding.

Good luck flammableking! I hope that not only his sprites and coding will be good but also his gameplay style, which is going to be MK, I suppose?

>> Coding 2 characters in one month seems a lot to me but heck, what do I know about coding.

My record was coding 5 characters in one month, yet the end results were super half-assed.  I know it is called over-ambition.  Everybody seems to hate this (me too) but oh well..........

on-topic:

Posted Image

Is it just me???? Some 2.5D/3D model attached to a 2D pixel sprites?  I have never thought of such new method!  :o

>> Coding 2 characters in one month seems a lot to me but heck, what do I know about coding.

My record was coding 5 characters in one month, yet the end results were super half-assed.  I know it is called over-ambition.  Everybody seems to hate this (me too) but oh well..........

on-topic:

Posted Image

Is it just me???? Some 2.5D/3D model attached to a 2D pixel sprites?  I have never thought of such new method!  :o

That's what I love about Drahmin--he's simple, yet different. A skinless body in underwear, with a club over his forearm, and a mask over his face. So simplistic, but so original! =D

Regarding his gameplay; Drahmin originated from Mortal Kombat, so he will have a Mortal Kombat-like gameplay. ^^ However, I hope Chuchoryu gives him combos. Anyone who's played as Drahmin in Deadly Alliance (the one from Armageddon doesn't count), knows he did not have a single combo move in any of his fighting styles. He relied mostly on his special moves to win fights. Well, I think he deserves some combos to defend himself with, also. ^^ After his release, I will have my brother take him, and code him MvC style! =D He will have 4 hypers, and 1 special. ^__^

Didn't Chuchoryu already had a Tekken project of his own? In that case it amazes me he still has time to help you out.

Coding 2 characters in one month seems a lot to me but heck, what do I know about coding.

Good luck flammableking! I hope that not only his sprites and coding will be good but also his gameplay style, which is going to be MK, I suppose?

Thank you! ^^ Yes, Chuchoryu is working on a Tekken project, and I contributed to it. ^^ I spent a couple months fully spriting the Mokujin Pac-Man from just 1 sprite made by TheGuy07. :D

As a supporter of MvC-style, I like that idea but seriously only 1 special? Why's that?

It'll be his ball of flies. ^^ His hypers will be the Propeller Clock, Ground Smash, Iron Bash, and Furious Flies. ^^ Until I can think of other specials to give him, I'm only going to have it at 1. ovo;;

• 2 months later...