Karochi Taiki -1stCharFromScratch- for Win MUGEN & 1.0 (& 1.1b)

dura7ll3ur

Time has come to make something really "new" for the Mugen community (not just a character edit or a screenpack). I wanted to take this time on coding from scratch a character never done before.

My choice went for Karochi Taiki from PSX Tatsunoko Fight, some cool well sprited character originaly created for the game (thanks to Thor on MFG who shared most of the spritesheets, I ripped by myself the specials et hypers sprites).
I used the KFM and my -ToSix- template, gave the character some original custom moves. Completely changed his voice (PSX version was messy). And we're done.++

Posted Image

PREVIEW VIDEO :
youtube.com/watch?v=m6lmqsqccVQ# (not yet)

SCREENSHOTS :

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.duracelleur.com/mugen
++

Is this big guy a boss?

Congratulation to your new "made from scratch" MUGEN character!  I really admire anybody who cares to convert not-yet-mugenized things for MUGEN! Downloading now........will let you know my testing later soon.........thank you my color-blinded MUGEN friend (I am color-blinded if you remember)!

What is your next "made from scratch" MUGEN character then?

Is this big guy a boss?

High quality char, as expected from Duracelleur.

FR : de ce que j'en ai vu sur ton site et après avoir testé tes versions six boutons de persos déjà existant tu es sans doute un des meilleurs créateurs français de personnages mugen ^^

Une idée si tu en accepte : dans l'optique de la création d'un personnage original mais chaud à faire pourquoi ne pas tenter un perso de la licence JJBA ? Un vrai challenge quand on sait que ça représente à peu près la création de deux personnages en un (le perso et le stand). 

Ce ne sont pas les personnages non faits de ce manga qui manquent, rien que dans la partie V du manga il y aurait encore de la place pour un Formaggio, un Sale, un Illuso ou un Melone, il y a même des sprites d'illustration pour ne pas partir de rien sur la toile. Les bruitages pour les personnages peuvent être extraits directement à partir de l'ISO du jeu. Si l'idée te tente je t'en dirai un peu plus sur la manière de procéder en messages privés.

OH MY GOD.

Dura you've been one of my heros since who knows when, your screenpacks have been such a impact on me as a creator, and designer. I love your work.

Your recent "To Six" were great.

But this. Ok so first off.

A BIG +1 to using Dr. Erode's voice. THATS GENIOUS!! If you need better sound rips just ask, I can get them for you.

Gameplay is very solid, Im impressed for a "First" release.

Super are nice and very fitting.

in terms of nit picking. I think your "Hulk Smash" the rocks, I think the animation should be faster, the rocks break up to slow.

now for minor nit picking of codes.

trigger1 = (Time = 30) || (Time = 35) || (Time = 40) || (Time = 45)

Parts of this are irrelevant ( and ) are used as a form of absolute. meaning it can only be a solid number, NOT a decimal.

So saying "Absolute" Time = 30, makes no sense since time is equal to 30. Its already absolute, and it can not even be a decimal.

trigger1 = Time = 30 || Time = 35 || Time = 40 || Time = 45

This is better.

also you can do the same with a different form of coding.

trigger1 = time > 29 && time < 46 && time%5=0

This says If time is great than 29 (30)

and time is less than 46 (45)

every 5 ticks (time%5=0) play this code.

Im eagerly awaiting your next release.

OH MY GOD.   Dura you've been one of my heros since who knows when, your screenpacks have been such a impact on me as a creator, and designer. I love your work. Your recent "To Six" were great.   But this. Ok so first off.    A BIG +1 to using Dr. Erode's voice. THATS GENIOUS!! If you need better sound rips just ask, I can get them for you.   Gameplay is very solid, Im impressed for a "First" release. Super are nice and very fitting.   in terms of nit picking. I think your "Hulk Smash" the rocks, I think the animation should be faster, the rocks break up to slow.   now for minor nit picking of codes.

trigger1 = (Time = 30) || (Time = 35) || (Time = 40) || (Time = 45)
Parts of this are irrelevant ( and ) are used as a form of absolute. meaning it can only be a solid number, NOT a decimal. So saying "Absolute" Time = 30, makes no sense since time is equal to 30. Its already absolute, and it can not even be a decimal.
trigger1 = Time = 30 || Time = 35 || Time = 40 || Time = 45
This is better.   also you can do the same with a different form of coding.
trigger1 = time > 29 && time < 46 && time%5=0
This says If time is great than 29 (30) and time is less than 46 (45) every 5 ticks (time%5=0) play this code.   Im eagerly awaiting your next release.
I just learned something new... Great looking character. I knew it was a matter if time.

>> trigger1 = time > 29 && time < 46 && time%5=0

How about using TimeMod? Like:

triggerall = Time < 46

trigger1 = TimeMod = 5, 30   Triggers when the state-time is 30, 35, 40, 45

Sometimes I use both TimeMod and Persistent = [a number more than 1]  to do some funny things :jackiechan:

Is this big guy a boss?

Congratulation to your new "made from scratch" MUGEN character!  I really admire anybody who cares to convert not-yet-mugenized things for MUGEN!

Downloading now........will let you know my testing later soon.........thank you my color-blinded MUGEN friend (I am color-blinded if you remember)!

What is your next "made from scratch" MUGEN character then?

Is this big guy a boss?

Love all the features that you have given to it!  Great job as usual!  :heeee:

My small suggestion:

Posted Image

- given the very impact-ful P1 and P2 moments during its Grabber (I like this throw very much!), it would be nice to add a ground pound VFX under the painful head of KFM (i.e. use your own, or just use the anim = F(60 + (sysvar(1) > Const720p(20)) + (sysvar(1) > Const720p(56))) default Explod)

Posted Image

- ApplePie (cool move name) looks really like an overhead attack, perhaps its HitDef could use guardflag = H, ground.type = Trip, ground.velocity = -1,4, air.velocity = -2.5,4, and fall.recover = 0 to make KFM look more like being pounded down to the ground, instead of having some anti-gravitational moment..........hope you get my meaning.......:p

Posted Image

- when P2 is in the corner, HulkSmash only hits P2 once, then all the rest of the attack misses P2 and P2 in the meantime can do anything to Karochi

- BigFist and ApplePie don't have guard damages?  did it on purpose?

• 1 month later...
Thanks Borewood & Ryon for your good advices.
@Risotto : je me suis déjà essayé au Jojo's characters avec Star Platinum. Après ce n'est pas du tout dans mes priorités.

UPDATE 13.12.28 :
Sprites realigned "Y-wise"
Dash tweaked
NoHitBy on hypers added
Removed invicibility in MultiHado hyper (CLSN were missing)
Added "hit the ground" sound on ApplePie Special
Some minor things adjusted

I'm done with Karochi and really satisfied with him right now.
Sorry if I didn't adjust all the bugs pointed out. Time is lacking as always.
++