All 8-bit stages updated!

OrochiWeapon2000

All 8-Bit stages have been updated and re-released.

- Fixed P2StartPos on all stages. Due to an oversight, I originally had P1StartX at -80 and P2StartX at 70. Don't know how I missed that. :P
- Each one now comes with it's own BGM.

Alex Kidd in Miracle World: Mount Eternal
Posted Image
http://www.mediafire.com/download/m4elwx4ukluxc1n/AlexKiddMW-Mount_Eternal.rar

Chaos At Tricell:
Posted Image
http://www.mediafire.com/download/8fd7h2c6nvay8fl/MBoD-Chaos_At_Tricell.rar

Dr. Wily's Fortress (Exterior):
Posted Image
http://www.mediafire.com/download/5ebjmsgsj05x3dm/Dr_Wily's_Fortress(Exterior).rar
- Changed the behavior of the Platform Bots via actual coding, reducing their frames from 116 frames of animation to just 2. Their movements are much smoother as a result.

Enjoy! :D

Welcome Abroad!

Nice debut in stage creations I would say.

EDIT: I tested it now.

-You could have tiled the floor to make it wider. It's no fun staying in the same frame.

- Player 1's start position is-80 and the player two's position is 70? Why? THEY MUST ALWAYS REMAIN THE SAME! or the other player will have the advantage.

-The location you have given for music is messed up, fix it.

-Platform Bots have so many frames....Why? You could have just used Sin.Y.

-Tile Spacing requires two value, if you remember.

-The Delta Values are too high.

Welcome Abroad!

Nice debut in stage creations I would say.

EDIT: I tested it now.

-You could have tiled the floor to make it wider. It's no fun staying in the same frame.

- Player 1's start position is-80 and the player two's position is 70? Why? THEY MUST ALWAYS REMAIN THE SAME! or the other player will have the advantage.

-The location you have given for music is messed up, fix it.

-Platform Bots have so many frames....Why? You could have just used Sin.Y.

-Tile Spacing requires two value, if you remember.

-The Delta Values are too high.

1) I know I could have (easily) tiled the stage to make it wider, but I actually intended to keep the stage this size. It was originally meant to serve as a stage for a full game project that O Illusionista was working on (though progress on the game seems to have come to a screeching halt), and those were the initial dimensions I was given if I ever decided I wanted to try my hand at creating stages for the game. I may or may not make them bigger at some point, but I figured I'd give it a shot anyway. "Fun" is really a matter of personal taste anyway. I, myself, enjoy the stage for what it is.

2) Honestly, I didn't even notice this. Fixed. And thanks.

3) The location for the music in the stage's DEF file is one that works fine for me, given how I have my folders arranged. You can place the BGM anywhere you'd like (according to your own file arrangement), open the stage's DEF, and type the path out. This sounds like nothing more than nit-pick (and comes off a tad rude, though I won't make a big deal of it).

4) I'm just getting into making stages, and still have much to learn. That being said, I'm not exactly familiar with "Sin.Y" just yet. I made it the way it is now because it accomplishes the same thing I intended to do in the first place in a way that I felt was the most simple (to me, anyway), but as I continue learning and experiment a bit here and there, I'll eventually make use of the other BG controllers. As soon as I figure it out, I'll be sure to update the stage with it.

5) Tile spacing may "require" 2 values, but the way I have it now seems to be working fine so far too.

6) I've never really noticed anything "wrong" with the deltas per se. Care to elaborate on that?

Though I got a rude vibe from your criticism, I'll keep at it and try to learn from it. Thanks.

6) I've never really noticed anything "wrong" with the deltas per se. Care to elaborate on that?

Like When I jump up the limit is only 16 pixels but the delta make it look that I'm way up. Lower that a little but. Try to see for yourself.    

Though I got a rude vibe from your criticism, I'll keep at it and try to learn from it. Thanks.

The Answer to this:

If you cant take serious criticism ; Learn to.

I think you misunderstand... I never said I couldn't (or wouldn't) accept the criticism. I wouldn't learn anything if I completely dismissed criticism (be it subtle or harsh), so I treat it as a learning experience and make whatever changes I can to improve. But it probably could've been worded differently to sound a bit less rude.

That aside, I've already taken what you've posted into consideration, and I'll continue checking the docs out to learn more about this stuff as I go. Hopefully, it'll show at least a little bit in the next release I make.