Kyrem character

Hiperhazz

Okay so... Hello people!

I'm posting my kyurem character beta here so that you people can try it out (if you want of course), and since my jake and ice king weren't that good, I will also be asking you to give me some feedback on this character so that it can improve. The character itself, is still incomplete. It is suppoused to be a boss-type character, kyurem has hyper armor (armour?) from the start of the match. Once his life reaches 0, he will transform into black kyrem (will add white kyurem in the future) which will change most of his moveset. I... think that's all.

Edit:

Well, it's been awhile since I las posted anything, but well, I think I sould make a small summary of the changes on this new beta:

• Kyurem's white form has been added. It happens the same way as the other one does. depending on what helper you used last, it will transform you into black or white.
  • Two helpers were added, Zekrom and Reshiram. they use an attack once summoned, however, their main objective is to decide what forme will kyurem take. If Reshiram is used before kyurem "dies" he will turn into white kyurem. The same happens for zerom and Black forme. If none of them is used before the transformation, then it randomly changes into any of them.
  • White kyurem posseses a single hyper move for the moment: draco meteor.
  • Kyrem is a slow moving characte while on normal forme. His speed remais the same on his other formes.
  • Kyurem can no longer jump. However he can now fly using the command for the super jump: D, U. This applies to all his formes.
  • His normal attacks on normal forme have been altered. The're now helpers.

So, That's all if i'm not mistaken. He is not 100% complete yet. But can still be used. I'd apreciate any feedback you can give me. So, thanks in advance!

Edit(again):

I't's been some time hu? Aaaanyyway. After this "sometime", I've finaly updated kyurem(again), however, he didn't get as many changes this time. Well, time to see the changelog:

• Most of kyurem's regular attacks have been modified to something else: normal kyurem has the normal ice pillar, a tackle similar to abyss, and a little ice beam. Black kyurem only changed his weak attacks for the same tackle as normal kyurem. White kyurem keeps the fire explosion, gets a little energy beam, and ehh, some kind of flame surrounding him (it hurts!).
  • Normal kyurem and white kyurem got new moves: Ice beam and fusin flare respectively.
  • Kyurem got a liek epik totly awsom sur pwerluf new pallet!!!!!!!!!, now, seriously, His 7th palette is cheap, don't try using it against normal characters, they'll die... DIE I SAY!
  • He got six different colors for his palettes
  • The AI activation/deactivation codes were changed from random commands to the AILevel trigger (I'll work more on the AI later).
  • His AI was weakened (exept for palette 6, which remains the same).
  • Some of his attacks got internal unnoticeable changes (ahem, dragon pulse).
  • some Hyper attacks became weaker.
  • Kyurem has a PalFx when he gets hit (so that you know that your move connected).

Aaaaannndddd, if I'm not mistaken, that's all... Looking at previous edits, I think I was wrong, he has some changes to it. Well, as always, you are free to test this new version, and if you can, please leave feedback and ehhh comments?

So, I'll be waiting for your errrr... comments. Thanks, and see you!

Nyanyanyanyanyanya...uhh, I mean Edit:

This time I took a bit longer(I think) but I'm back with a new update! So, let's take a look at what's new:

• Fusion flare is edited (that projectile) so, It looks (and works) better.
  • The charging attack for normal kyurem delays a bit before it's actually used. I'm not sure if it's long enough but if it is not I will change it later.
  • Draco meteor is still the same end that. Nah, actually it is mostly the same but you can guard it for minimal damage.
  • Most of the hyper moves have had their damage modified so, they're mostly weaker.
  • Music for OD Mode has been edited it is uuuhh, not as loud as it sed to.
  • Most if not all the shield damage sharply fell </obvious reference to pokemon games>.
  • 7p mode is harder to kill and can kill more characters but it's not yet finished MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
  • Flight time has been limited, limitation is not yet perfect as you can cancel it by attacking while falling but I will fix it later.

Looks like all Maybe i'm forgetting something but I think that's mainly the most important. Also, I had to upload kyurem to skydrive. For some reason mediafire and mega don't seem to be working for me DX. Anyway, you can downloading kyurem... uhh, on my skydrive, look for it yourselves >:(

hehe, of course not. It's been updateeeeeeeddd

As always if you find any bug or anything you think that isn't in place or that should be, feel free to tell me about it so that I can fix it. Sooo, thanks for your feedback/comments aand, see you on the next episode of ehh... running out of imagination... See you next time!

EDIT (yeah, again):

Two months since I last updated this guy (school takes away more time than expected D:) buuut, i's here!, whatever, let's see what's new:

• Glaciate used to give back power. it no longer does so... I think.
  • Again with Glaciate, it no longer makes the oponent "fly" but he/she still falls which makes it very diffcult to trap an opponent using only said move.
  • Outrage is stronger but only at a close range, otherwise it's still kinda weak(or... is it?).
  • Black Kyurem's shadow now act normally (how could I forget).
  • Zekrom/Rshiram are faster, but maybe not enugh I'll think about that.
  • Draco meteor changed. Now, every single meteor is gonna hit. BUT, you'll get less damage than before.
  • I added three new hypers, one for each forme they are:
  • Norml kyurem gets: Slash. Here's how it works: kyurems puts itsel into position ready to attack. the move can be held up to three seconds by holding the "z" button once you release it (20ticks after activation if you did not hold the button) or after 3 seconds pass, kyurem rams into the opponent. The screen then turns pitch black (yup, i's technically a screen filler) and hits once. If succesfull, the opponent enters a custom state and stuff. It can be easily blocked but not avoided. to activate it input D, F, z
  • Black kyurem gets: Stone edge. It works like this: as simple as stone endge works in the pokemon games, rocks hit the oponent from below. again, this rocks closely follow the opponent's mevement so it's diffiult to avoid them. to activate input D, F, b
  • Last but not least, White kyurem gets Shadow ball. You know the rest: kyurem quickly creates a...well, a shadow ball. This thing follows you until it hits. You can block it to make it banish instantly. if you do not block it it will hit you 8 times. to activate input D, F, c
  • 7P mode has been removed for now. Tere are 2 min reasons for those who wonder why: 1, The computer I have at the moment is so slow that I can't test it at all. 2, I was thinking to start it over and make it work better, so, yeah, it will come back.
  • I've mostly fixed the "fly" move so that kyurem desn't stay airbone for ever. I did some quick tests and it seems to work but maybe I left something away.
  • A bug in the ko where kyurem stays there doing... something has been fixed too. now the KO works as it should have from the start.
  • Added some sounds here and there.

AAAAAANNNDDD, I think I'm forgetting something but I can't remember what. Anyway This new version is uploadeeed:here HEre HERE heRE here (YAY, I can upload to mediafire again).

Same as always, download use it, play around with it, fight against it etc, and, if you want to help me leave some feedback.

Okaaay, see you next time! (here or you know, on the comments, whatever happens first).

And one more thing, for those wondering, no, it's not yet complete, I still want to add an AI and two more hyper moves (4 per forme) so, B/W Kyurem will get a new move. Ok then, see you next time!(for real this time).

ok lets see.

1. DO NOT PUT ????? FOR MUGEN VERSION! thats the first thing.

2. Walk and Jump are very fast, is that intentional? it looks bad.

3. Its a interesting character at best.

Personally I've seen alot of pokemon characters and yours being a boss type (thank you for the warning) I'll allow some of the cheap moves, but there all a bit cheap?

here's what you CAN do, not that you have to.

the attacks during regular form, the spike, double spike, and triple spike.

code them as a helper instead of as a sprite animation

First of all, thanks for your feedback Ryon.

So, I guess I'll change Mugen version to something else, just... Is it suppoused to be a date of some kind (I have seen so in some characters) or maybe I can leave it as 1.0 (since kyurem was designed for mugen 1.0)?

Do walking fast and jumping lioke that look bad?, well I should have guessed. It's base stat  on the pokemon games is of 95, so he isn't that slow. But if that makes the character itself look kind of bad, then I guess I'll change it.

Aaaand, actually, I was going to code the normal attacks as helpers from the start. I don't even remember why did I left them like that. I guess I'll change them to helpers for the next update.

So, thanks once more.

• 1 month later...

yes walking fast looks bad, regardless of what his in game stats are , in mugen everything is completely different.

Indeed, regardless of where a character hails from and how powerful it is in there, it should be balanced for MUGEN. Sure, if a Pokémon (let's say Steelix, for example) excels in a certain stat (defense) and isn't as good in another (attack), you'd make the attack lower than average and its defence higher than average, but not so much that it's too weak/game-breaking.

This is why Cyberlizard's old Rayquaza is so cheap - its attack is so high to represent its 150 base attack in the games, but it doesn't fit balance-wise into MUGEN.

No one posted prior D:

Anyway, I totally forgot about feedback and stuff, so here:

-Turns back into normal Kyruem when using certain attacks (assists, mainly).

-Black and White Kyruem spaz out when up is held. Luckily, I have a fix for that:

; No Jumpeh[statedef 40]type    = Sphysics = S[state 40, NO JUMPEH!!!]type = ChangeStatetrigger1 = 1value = ifelse(command="holdfwd"||command="holdback",20,0)ctrl = 1

Ignore the silly wording I used ;P

-He's still really powerful (you gotta remember that you're technically fighting two characters here, then a seriously cheap one when his health gets really low in both of his second formes (spams really overpowered hypers that are able to knock out more than half of your health).

-(optional) Add some kind of palfx when he gets hit.

-His meter fills up really quickly.

That's about it for now, keep up the good work!

Hehe, well it took some time, butit's ok thanks. So let's see...

-Ah, it's true, I forgot to change the animation for those well, not a big problem. But, apart of the assist is there any other move that does that?

-Thanks for the fix, I should have thought of something like that before.

-Sooo, Maybe I should reduce the power of his hyper attacs?, or maybe make it's AI more unlikely to use them?...or both?

-A plfx?,hmm not a bad idea, I will consider it.

-AAnnnddd... true, maybe a poweradd of damage*2 was a bit too much, I will reduce that.

-He used to do it during his throw, but it appears you removed that attack from Black/White Kyurem altogether. -Just an edited code from Jetgoshi's Rayquaza ;) -Both. It's literally the only thing he does in his overdrive mode, seeing as his power meter fills up to the max constantly, and an attack that can KO you in two hits is quite overpowered, considering it doesn't use much of the power meter. -That was one of the things people said Jetgoshi's Rayquaza lacked - an indicator that the character has been hit (kinda like when an energy shield is struck in all those sci-fi moves). -Please do, this thing is a nightmare to fight with even the powerful characters D:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...