Memes in MUGEN?

Super Nicholas

For those who don't know, a meme is something that is popular and appears a lot, especially on the internet.

Examples: CD-i Cutscenes, Weegee, Chuck Norris, Dancing Banana, Angry German Kid, etc.

List any memes that appear throughout MUGEN. This does NOT go for characters that are internet memes, like King Harkinian, or stages, like YouTube.

My list:

Proton Cannon: Iron Man/War Machine's hyper in the Marvel vs. Capcom games. Iron Man and War Machine both have this hyper in MUGEN as well. Many other characters seem to have this as well, even if the original hyper isn't included in the character, the Proton Cannon's design itself appears in characters. Examples: Iron Man, War Machine, Android 18, Chuck Norris, Rox Howard Clones.

Omega Characters: I'm pretty sure this started with Omega Tiger Woods, but there are a lot of MUGEN characters with the title, "Omega". (Does not include Omega Red.) Typically, Omega characters are cheap. Examples: Omega Tiger Woods, Omega Tom Hanks, Omega Adolf Hitler, Omegarotom, Omega Whispy Woods.

Symbiote Characters: Originating from the Spider-Man comics, Spider-Man's and Venom's appearances in MUGEN have triggered "Symbiote Edits" or other characters, usually enhanced or cheap. Symbiote characters very often have appearances of Venom-based attacks. Examples: Symbiote Onslaught, Symbiote Super Mario, Symbiote Spongebob, Symbiote Galactus, Symbiote Spider-Man.

Shun Goku Satsu: Originating from Street Fighter as Akuma's ultimate move, it has become a popular instant-killer in MUGEN, and many characters have it. Examples: Evil Ryu, Evil Ken, Akuma, Rare Akuma, Heather, Dancing Banana, Zim, Mr. Bean, Stimpy, Gumball, Chuck Norris, Weegee, Kirby, Ed, Eddy, Homer Simpson, Umbreon, Cartman, Bloo.

Kung Fu Man: He is often used as a base for MUGEN chacters, but there are also many edits of him. His hypers, Smash Kung Fu Upper and Triple Kung Fu Palm are also used a lot. Examples: Kung Fu Man, Kung Fu Man 720, Evil Kung Fu Man, The Kung Fu Man, Capcom Kung Fu Man.

Crappy Character Ownages: YouTube videos showing many characters KOing a crappy character over and over again. Examples of characters used for ownages: Leonidas, Justin Bieber, Actarus's Characters, cheap characters.

-Bladed weapon duels combined with Star Wars music

-Fighting game characters being fought to their own themes

-Characters of the same element (i. e. Ice vs Ice) duking it out

-SNK characters against Doujin characters

-Sonic music with speedy characters

-Kirby music with cute characters

-Robot Masters being fought by someone who uses their weapon weaknesses

-MUGENizing a platform character with enough good sprites to be used in a fighting game

-Characters being fought to a Mega Man stage theme of Robot Masters comparable to them (i. e. Thor being fought to Elecman's theme)

-Moves being copied from Capcom and SNK characters

-Tails wiping the floor with human characters

-Certain defeated characters literally, physically exploding

-Popular anthropomorphic animals matching larger-than-life atmospheres of various franchises

Derp is from Rage Comics, which is an internet meme itself. Nyan Cat is an internet meme as well.

I forgot to mention the 1105 palette.

This palette originates from MadOldCrow1105's characters, but recently, other creators have made characters with that palette. Some have even made sprites in MadOldCrow's style.

• 2 years later...