Custom SSFIV El Fuerte & Decapre WIP 2014

Werewood

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is it me? or doesnt Oni have any "moves" available?? He wont do hadoken or any other thing... I guess its still to be finished. Can you guys confirm?? BTW really nice char so far, love it. Thanks

I have tested Oni and noticed that, also Werewood does have aknowedge of it.

We just need to wait him to update the character.

The proper localcoord to make the character scale correctly to other characters is going to be all kinds of wonky.  SF4 characters aren't sprites, so that's a thing.  Then, being captured at 800x600.  Going by your CNS scale value, the localcoord would be something like 762,571. Yeehaw.

Worrying about matching some predefined localcoord is a total waste of time for characters.  You might as well just keep using CNS scaling since you've already programmed the character to use it.  You'll have to redo all kinds of math, otherwise.  Just leave it up to the user to screw with.

The proper localcoord to make the character scale correctly to other characters is going to be all kinds of wonky.  SF4 characters aren't sprites, so that's a thing.  Then, being captured at 800x600.  Going by your CNS scale value, the localcoord would be something like 762,571. Yeehaw.

Worrying about matching some predefined localcoord is a total waste of time for characters.  You might as well just keep using CNS scaling since you've already programmed the character to use it.  You'll have to redo all kinds of math, otherwise.  Just leave it up to the user to screw with.

Ryon just told me localcoord overrides setting in mugen.cfg.  So, if not doing down-scaling in CNS, then I think all should be fine............

@Amir:

It appears that you want a SSF4 Evil Ryu so badly!  It is not a bad thing as it can be your strong MUGEN motive.

You can release your ripped SSF4 Evil Ryu "sprites" in the Resource forum and let those who have interest in a SSF4 Evil Ryu mugenization make their choice.

Or, I might consider a SSF4 Evil Ryu mugenization if:

1. your ripped "sprites" meet the following:

a) source game/video resolution at least 640x480 (mine is 800x600)

b) the number of frames you ripped

- from my experience, a MUGEN SSF4 character should have at least 5000+ frames, not including the VFXs

example:  Evil Ryu's Axe Kick:

Posted Image

* a 1.35MB large GIF.........please wait for complete loading from imgur.com.......

in order to make Evil Ryu's Axe Kick look not-bad, all its frames shall not be skipped, which here it has about 45 frames

ripped.  Same thing for all the rest of Evil Ryu's moves (stance, jumps, general get-hits, character-specific get-hits, intros,

wins, loses, normals, specials, ultras,...etc.)

c) the "sprites" you ripped are already cleaned -- like the Evil Ryu's Axe Kick sample, all images shall be easily cleaned by

some batch function in everybody's image editors.

2. after I finish my SSF4 Oni and SSF4 Abel -- actually I have no plan on a SSF4 Evil Ryu mugenization because there are more than enough Evil Ryu for MUGEN.  For now I do nothing but trying to get my SSF4 Oni and SSF4 Abel done because they are staying at their WIP status for too long.  If things go smoothly then after my SSF4 Oni and SSF4 Abel are finished then I might do a SSF4 Evil Ryu mugenization with your ripped "sprites" provided that yours meet the above #1 requireiment.

Like I already mention, there are some already well-made 2D Evil Ryu's in MUGEN.  Like the ones by Phantom.of.the.Server (PotS) Evil Ryu edited by mwryly and Infinite.  Their Evil Ryu's are just superb.  I once edited their both Evil Ryu's to combine the unique features (Axe Kick from mwryly and ultra from Infinite) of each one, into one SSF4-alike Evil Ryu, by adding the missing Focus Attack. 

If you are interested in our edit, then please visit this topic: 

@Amir:

It appears that you want a SSF4 Evil Ryu so badly!  It is not a bad thing as it can be your strong MUGEN motive.

You can release your ripped SSF4 Evil Ryu "sprites" in the Resource forum and let those who have interest in a SSF4 Evil Ryu mugenization make their choice.

Or, I might consider a SSF4 Evil Ryu mugenization if:

1. your ripped "sprites" meet the following:

a) source game/video resolution at least 640x480 (mine is 800x600)

b) the number of frames you ripped

- from my experience, a MUGEN SSF4 character should have at least 5000+ frames, not including the VFXs

example:  Evil Ryu's Axe Kick:

Posted Image

* a 1.35MB large GIF.........please wait for complete loading from imgur.com.......

in order to make Evil Ryu's Axe Kick look not-bad, all its frames shall not be skipped, which here it has about 45 frames

ripped.  Same thing for all the rest of Evil Ryu's moves (stance, jumps, general get-hits, character-specific get-hits, intros,

wins, loses, normals, specials, ultras,...etc.)

c) the "sprites" you ripped are already cleaned -- like the Evil Ryu's Axe Kick sample, all images shall be easily cleaned by

some batch function in everybody's image editors.

2. after I finish my SSF4 Oni and SSF4 Abel -- actually I have no plan on a SSF4 Evil Ryu mugenization because there are more than enough Evil Ryu for MUGEN.  For now I do nothing but trying to get my SSF4 Oni and SSF4 Abel done because they are staying at their WIP status for too long.  If things go smoothly then after my SSF4 Oni and SSF4 Abel are finished then I might do a SSF4 Evil Ryu mugenization with your ripped "sprites" provided that yours meet the above #1 requireiment.

Like I already mention, there are some already well-made 2D Evil Ryu's in MUGEN.  Like the ones by Phantom.of.the.Server (PotS) Evil Ryu edited by mwryly and Infinite.  Their Evil Ryu's are just superb.  I once edited their both Evil Ryu's to combine the unique features (Axe Kick from mwryly and ultra from Infinite) of each one, into one SSF4-alike Evil Ryu, by adding the missing Focus Attack. 

If you are interested in our edit, then please visit this topic: 

Mr. Borewood, I wanted to try this Evil Ryu edit by you and also this beta Oni however I cannot download your file in skydrive. Actually, not just your file..all file I want to download using skydrive is error. I don't know why, maybe my connection doesn't support skydrive or what...I always got this notice when I try to download file on skydrive - " Cannot download this file. Invalid http server reply. " I'm using IDM for download stuff..can you upload your work at different link like mediafire, 4shared or zippyshare?

Mr. Borewood, I wanted to try this Evil Ryu edit by you and also this beta Oni however I cannot download your file in skydrive. Actually, not just your file..all file I want to download using skydrive is error. I don't know why, maybe my connection doesn't support skydrive or what...I always got this notice when I try to download file on skydrive - " Cannot download this file. Invalid http server reply. " I'm using IDM for download stuff..can you upload your work at different link like mediafire, 4shared or zippyshare?

My beta Oni here for you (mediafire):  http://www.mediafire.com/download/xfejnjbgwfu6wj8/Custom_SSFIV_Oni_WIP_2013-07-29.zip

My Evil Ryu edit here for you(mediafire): http://www.mediafire.com/download/uo79sl77t29rlem/PotS_Ryu_edited_by_mwryly_and_Infinite_and_Borewood_2013-04-22.zip

Your SkyDrive download problem.........out of my knowledge............may I ask you does SkyDrive hate all your web browsers (Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, FireFox, Safari, Opera,..etc.)?

Stop making requests for someone to make a character for you.

STOP IT.

You heard our big boss Ryon's order............now you have to DIY, good luck!

My beta Oni here for you (mediafire):  http://www.mediafire.com/download/xfejnjbgwfu6wj8/Custom_SSFIV_Oni_WIP_2013-07-29.zip

My Evil Ryu edit here for you(mediafire): http://www.mediafire.com/download/uo79sl77t29rlem/PotS_Ryu_edited_by_mwryly_and_Infinite_and_Borewood_2013-04-22.zip

Your SkyDrive download problem.........out of my knowledge............may I ask you does SkyDrive hate all your web browsers (Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, FireFox, Safari, Opera,..etc.)?

You heard our big boss Ryon's order............now you have to DIY, good luck!

Thanks Mr.Borewood! Well, i don't know...it just when I want to download stuff from skydrive, it always error..like I said I always get that notice. Actually sometimes I did manage to download on skydrive but only a few times so I say that time was lucky. But Ryon skydrive is working fine for me, I can download his stuff. I'm using Firefox, Chrome and Opera only...IE is slow and never try Safari yet.

can u post  link of the Sprites Of Evil Ryu You Have

Sorry I don't have all SSF4 Evil Ryu "sprites" ripped.  The above Axe Kick one is just a quick example I did just to show you how my rips look like.

Actually I want to see your rip..........if possible then please share yours by using MFFA Resource forum.........sharing is caring.......caring is sharing..........

Thanks Mr.Borewood! Well, i don't know...it just when I want to download stuff from skydrive, it always error..like I said I always get that notice. Actually sometimes I did manage to download on skydrive but only a few times so I say that time was lucky. But Ryon skydrive is working fine for me, I can download his stuff. I'm using Firefox, Chrome and Opera only...IE is slow and never try Safari yet.

You are welcome.  So, our big boss Ryon's SkyDrive is superior (and my educated guess is, Ryon's one is located in some place where you can have access without problems, while others' like mine are located in some places where you have problem accessing............).  By the way, you may want to try to use proxies to test whether my educated guess is right or wrong.........who knows............

@ Werewood, No its not put someplace convenient, check your URL maybe its wrong?

Buuutt.... I do have my skydrive in my signature. lol.

What I meant was, big company's online storage service uses regional web server setups for different regions?  Micro$oft might use this too.  Like, when I post my MUGEN videos and download link at nicovideo, nobody over there complain about access problem (assuming the comment givers do download my MUGEN stuff from my SkyDrive).

And Sham Winchester didn't say the URL being right or wrong, he said he could open the web page but some times he had hard times downloading => "Actually, not just your file..all file I want to download using skydrive is error" and "Cannot download this file. Invalid http server reply."............it sounds more like a web server and client user connection issue to me.

I don't know how to solve, except for double-checking my SkyDrive hyperlink every time I post it.  Or maybe like you, put that in my signature LOL x 2