Creating a Touhou Forum (Suggestions! Mods / Admin Search!)

Phenomenon

So I have seen a couple of really good threads about Touhou here lately and I've decided that maybe I should create a forum dedicated to Touhou-related subjects and such. The forum will mainly let you have the chance to role play, discuss everything touhou related, random discussion as well. I'm kind of stuck at the moment and would really like some assistance. If you have strong-based knowledge of Touhou, any interest in designing symbols I can use as "stars" to represent members and more I'd be more than happy to take criticism.

Forum so far. I'm Gengetsu.

too pink.

>General talk section

-general discussion

-news and events

-introduction board

-spam section

>media

-anime & manga section

-gfx

-music

-videogames

>Touhou section

-anything

-doujinshi news comiket, retaisai, etc database

-games news comiket, retaisai, etc database

-music news comiket, retaisai, etc database

>Download section for doujin games and music. and make it so that only registered users can see links because it's almost a rule and one of the most attractive parts of those forums

-requests

>Help section.

that sums up my knowledge of the old DS.

just suggestions.

too pink.

>General talk section

-general discussion

-news and events

-introduction board

-spam section

>media

-anime & manga section

-gfx

-music

-videogames

>Touhou section

-anything

-doujinshi news comiket, retaisai, etc database

-games news comiket, retaisai, etc database

-music news comiket, retaisai, etc database

>Download section for doujin games and music. and make it so that only registered users can see links because it's almost a rule and one of the most attractive parts of those forums

-requests

>Help section.

that sums up my knowledge of the old DS.

just suggestions.

I actually like a lot of your suggestions. :) Would you consider a spot as an Administrator by any chance? Also, what hex color do you suggest for 'too pinkish' parts then?~

no thanks. I'm not as active as I used to be in touhou oriented forums(lack of enough time) had to decline helping with char strategy guides because of that. but if you get competent staff & not some random fanboys claiming to like toho to get a somewhat decent up to date forum I might consider joining.

try getting acquainted with people until you get some trustworthy(i'd suggest other touhou sites instead of mugen sites), don't just rush like now. being new in a MUGEN forum and suddenly saying you're making a touhou forum and that you're looking for staff isn't the best way to go.

as for the color, black ,white, dark green, anything that doesn't hurt eyes is okay. take others as example.

honestly i dont care if your asking for staff. i have no problems against that. but the question is are you prepared for what your getting yourself into? the more sections you have, the more posts you have to check. as a administrator you not only moderate the forum, you should check all of the posts that are posted. 6 years i've ran MFFA, 5 out of 6 years, i've checked EVERY SINGLE post that is posted. In the past year i've been slacking, because the community has gotten so much bigger. also the more sections you have the higher chance of it being redundant to have on the forum. For instance (NO OFFENSE TO MARGATROID) >General talk section -general discussion -news and events -introduction board -spam section News and Events, seems like a waste, what event could you possibly do? and what could really be filled in on news? intro board is ok, spam section is also unwanted, you dont want spam on your board, and you dont want to encourage it. general discussion can be consider spam discussion. but even then if your forum is aimed at Touhou, you dont need general discussion. >media -anime & manga section -gfx -music -videogames I'm not sure why you would need a media section much anyways. for GFX its pointless to have, because websites such as Spriter's Resource, has all of there sprites. http://spriters-resource.com/pc_computer/touhou123/index.html music , ok that could be a valid section as alot of games have good music, but also consider the legal side of it, you are using pro boards to host your forum, so hosting music is not allowed, cause its gonna be on there servers. I cant tell if Video Games is general or not. well anyways the main point is, keep it small, keep it to point, dont offer to much than what you really need.

I told that based on the old sections of DoujinStyle some people like to keep separated the serious talk from the spam talk. kinda like how RI was to MI, to not annoy people by bumping threads with some stupid/irrelevant thing and so kids have a place to have all their dumb talk, there are people that don't even like touhou joined in there, why?, IDK, but it's kinda like how some people who don't play mugen anymore still come to mugen forums for chitchat. but I'll give you the news & events/general discussion is redundant & could be merged together. there are many artists in that community hence the gfx section, isn't only oriented to sprites, (sketches, sigs, fanart in general) , the music/entertaining section is usually like any other in mugen forums, videogames is in general, not just toho, I think being 100% touhou would make a boring forum. downloads for music & games usually are limited to doujin ones. of course at the end he/she is the one that decides what to do with his/her forum.