P4A Labrys/Screenpack

Okami

Made a new thread since it's better so I can add more stuff into this since it's all P4A related - SXVector

Not too much to start, but I kind of got some things working on my sleeve. Been a fan of this game and I was urgently waiting for rips so I had to since I main Labrys and I personally love the style of Persona 4. So, I guess I'll post my

project here.

The character I'm doing at the moment is Labrys. Previously, I released an Alpha. As soon as I can rip the sounds and FX, I'll replace those "temporary" sound and FX for her. I'll implement the persona system and her burst. Most of her combos that can be done is actually combos that you learn throughout trial mode and some others I found myself.

Link to alpha:

http://mugenguild.co...a-144107.0.html

Latest Video:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBSVB9Wy3PA&feature=g-upl[/media]

Screenpack Progress:

Been designing the layouts, getting the rough thing out first.

The "intro" scene:

Posted Image

It's going to be animated like how it was animated in the actual game, though I don't have all the things I need atm. The "shadows" will charge and I might not add the scrolling announcement room because it requires way more sprites for each shadow. Instead, I'll just make it scroll through different shadows with that bg. The green light and what not will be putted in. The "text" will scroll like it was in the game. That's pretty much it for now.

Main Menu:

Posted Image

The cursor is going to be the "font" which will overlap the selection with "Arcade Mode description" on the bottom right.

Going to be animated with P4A character sprites, resizing it for perspective.

Select Screen:

Like in game, but switched to empty cards since there are no P4A characters officially made atm (besides my Alpha).

The Persona BG is part of the big port, so for non-persona characters will have a blank than a window, unless you want to add something into it.

Posted Image

Lifebars: In progress and is shown in my Labrys Alpha video. Subject to change, and templates will be added (would give templates to people who want to contribute and make some.

For those who are interested: I don't mind having people join my project, though you can work/help me or test for me. At the moment, I just need sprites for things that I don't have(if not), I'll probably have to draw it out.

Alternative Lifebar look:

Photoshopped and not Ingame !

Posted Image

Nice work on the bars

Couple of observations

1) Timer font is scaled to small and the yellow background on the numbers should be even around it

2) you have mirrored bars when the left and right are both drawn differently originally

3) burst text on right has a weird slant

4)power bar frames are over large

5)2 degress from horizontal when rotating the sprites

Now the problem is... how to keep it in that quality

Maybe wait for 1.1 release as using png is far easier than messing with pcx

AWESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Image

I'm looking forward for this SP, this is definitely, confirmly become my new SP when you released it! Damn, can't wait!!!!

# By the way, about the lifebars, i think it will be much better if the word 'BURST' is not there so we can see the characters portrait. Perhaps you want to stay true to the original lifebars, i understand that. Well just give my opinion, other than that is SUPERB!

Nice work on the bars

Couple of observations

1) Timer font is scaled to small and the yellow background on the numbers should be even around it

2) you have mirrored bars when the left and right are both drawn differently originally

3) burst text on right has a weird slant

4)power bar frames are over large

5)2 degress from horizontal when rotating the sprites

Maybe wait for 1.1 release as using png is far easier than messing with pcx

I did the 2 degrees though lol. Ya i noticed the power frames are a bit too large for some reason, I'll decrease it. I was going to remake the font, I'll see about that. I think I used two different lifebar layout frames, I'll see about that. The Burst on the right is actually the same angled as the one on the left. I've been waiting for 1.1 for like FOREVER lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hopfully you read this. i just downloaded the p4a rips, now i can't get the sprites to display correctly. in fighter factory 3 the sprites and the palettes look fine, but when you load it in mugen it keep showing the trancparency color. in every other app it recognizes the trancparency color so i know its not the file type.

• 2 weeks later...

Must be in 256 colours for it, on the other hand, I'm looking for potential portrait makers for my P4 SP. I would like to know if anyone is interested in volunteering to help me out. An example of how big the port is this:

Note: I'll be giving you a psd file and can/will give a sample tutorial on how to finish them. The more ports done, the better the release it is in the future. Ty =)

Port 9000,1:

Posted Image

Port 9000,2:

Posted Image