4 missing characters that I'm trying to look for...

LGM2006

Question

Looking back into these two links from this old Japanese MUGEN site by DEL...

https://web.archive.org/web/20040824112911/http://www.geocities.co.jp/Athlete-Acropolis/5191/175rl.html

https://web.archive.org/web/20041007225029/http://www.geocities.co.jp/Athlete-Acropolis/5191/175rm.html

I saw four different characters that I wanted to look for. And this includes the following:

Keegan by Cipher44 (?)

Robert Johnson

MUGEN Ball by Saiai/ShadowFox Keishi

Dare?

Let me go over the first character right here, which is Keegan by Cipher44. If some of you who don't know this creator, he was known for making various Mortal Kombat characters, as well as the fullgame "Mortal Kombat Integral", but that one is a whole different story because I want to talk about some of his other characters that aren't MK related. One was his version of Luke Skywalker from Star Wars and the other was Keegan, the character that I'm mostly going to cover for this topic. Judging by its preview, it's an original char and it's supposedly an anthropomorphic cat-like character with claws. There was a DL link to him on Cipher's old Geocities site that I found in some other MUGEN site, but of course it doesn't work at all anymore.

The second character is Robert Johnson. Not sure who made this char, but from what I see, it's some sort of rabbit character who appeared as a boxer that looked quite similar to Heavy D'. I could be wrong, but there's not that much information that I can search for with this character.

The third character is MUGEN Ball by Saiai/ShadowFox Keishi. As mentioned before, it appears to be a ball char with a dark red color scheme. Again, not much to say about this character, but as far as I remember, it's also mentioned in another list of MUGEN-related data that are missing, which can be found here:

https://pastebin.com/CYsVAH3V

So, there you have it with this character.

And finally, the last character that I just mentioned here is Dare?. Also not sure who made it. I have no idea what the hell it's supposed to be or do, but it has a really strange and peculiar appearance, as it has a chef hat, as well as a black and yellow outfit. It can also be found in a screenshot where he was fighting against Biko Daitokuji in a MSH stage, in certain sites such as MUGEN Revolution and Andromeda Free.

Forgot to mention this, but these are also the characters that Electrocaid needed for his infamous Perfect Select. But in any case however, if any of you guys happen to have some of these chars, I'd really appreciate it, even if they may not be any good while revisiting them. Thank you for reading.

9 answers to this question

Oh snap, I see someone else stumbled down that rabbit hole too. A while back I started a .txt file trying to ID every character on that site and let's just say a lot have left me stumped. (you can see my efforts here: https://pastebin.com/qeh5ebdZ - note, some info is outdated)

Robert Johnson is one of The Disciple X's OCs I believe, there's an archive of his site that features him on the banner.

As for Dare I wrote down a couple notes on him a while back:

A couple months after I first spotted him on Del's site, I found a site with some more info on him (https://web.archive.org/web/20010719051339/http://www.stanford.edu/~cjanim03/mugen/original.htm). Going by the site he seems to have been made by an author named To-masu who I cannot find anything about.

I'm really glad more people are looking into Del's site because there are lots and lots of interesting characters. Too bad a big chunk of them are lost to time.

Yep, there are a lot of lost stuff... Lots of lots of lost stuff. Even lost stuff that nobody is talking about that I know of...

Del's list of chars is pretty impressive, but we all know there are much more chars out there that time that is not on there... Yea, many of them are probably lost to time for good.

Also, the author of suezo and twinbee is tilin, same guy who made koopa troopa. I found one of his sites 🙂

On 11/21/2023 at 11:57 AM, Charmugen said:

Also, the author of suezo and twinbee is tilin, same guy who made koopa troopa. I found one of his sites 🙂

That's a pretty impressive job that you just found the author for those two characters. I appreciate it. 😄

BTW, while I was visiting DEL's site, I also saw a Sparkster char that I would later find to upload in another topic. It's not Pneophen's though, but by the same person who also made that weird Ryu edit. Besides that, I even spotted Warner's older Krusty, which I also shared on this site. As mentioned, he was originally a spriteswap of Qkrtkf's Birdie, except that he isn't known as the same author's older Wario, who also happened to be a spriteswap of Big Eli King's self-insert char.

Also, when you mentioned the other characters that DEL did not get in his/her hands, I think you might be referring to those Dragon Ball Z, Queen of Hearts, and SD Gundam characters, plus some more well-known/obscure ones that were in other MUGEN-related sites from Rapterrometh to that one Duke Nukem char that I had in my roster. I could be wrong though, but the only reason that guy can give was that there was an issue with listing those chars since there were more than one variant of the same looking one. Another possible reason that I can state is that maybe he doesn't know some of them.

3 hours ago, LGM2006 said:

I think you might be referring to those Dragon Ball Z, Queen of Hearts, and SD Gundam characters, plus some more well-known/obscure ones that were in other MUGEN-related sites from Rapterrometh to that one Duke Nukem char that I had in my roster.

That too, and in general. For example, just by looking at his SF and Capcom Collection I see some missing such as L-MO's Janet and Kallystto's Spartan (SFA Guy edit), although many of his latest updated collection werent archived, so he may have had them at the last moment. In the TV Game section, he didn't get the other Pikachu by Milano, a Japanese author. I don't see Zero_Col by Zero_Col, a Zero edit, and I don't see Cluritosh, a Krizalid edit from 2003. Just some things like that. Del is even missing some original chars. I don't see Iron Ball.

On 11/22/2023 at 12:50 AM, Charmugen said:

In the TV Game section, he didn't get the other Pikachu by Milano, a Japanese author. I don't see Zero_Col by Zero_Col, a Zero edit, and I don't see Cluritosh, a Krizalid edit from 2003. Just some things like that. Del is even missing some original chars. I don't see Iron Ball.

Well, I think the reason why he didn't include that Pikachu and Iron Ball is because they were originally made for earlier versions of DOS MUGEN, meaning that they aren't compatible with later versions (2000.06.27 and above) and nobody at that time have ever converted any of them. That same thing also goes to Dave T./AlphA's Biped, since he didn't get to be a part of his collection either.

But referring back to the other two characters, even if I mentioned them already, though I would have to say this with little more details: I saw that he had Artisto16's Grendok, Neon, Blockhead, and Shorashah without ever including his Rapterrometh and Tamika, as well as David Demainoff's Flynn Taggart/Doomguy and KingStar's Max Payne without Juan Carlos' Duke Nukem (heck, not even TheCraftyTitan's edit). And I also noticed that in the Mortal Kombat section, he only has Vital Zero's Fulgore (a character from Killer Instinct) without his Glacius and Ownko's Jago, while in the "anime" section, he has Ichiban36's Simpsons chars without Warner's Homer (keep in mind that he was first made in 2003) and Godebal's Butt-Head, DarkMasterS' The Tick and Richardyzo's Daffy Duck without including Broliblood11's Earthworm Jim and Rick's Paperinik, as well as in his section of other characters, where he only has Juan Carlos' Eternal Champions characters without his Ramses III and Keioh's other chars besides his Xavier Pendragon, and leaving out MugenMage's Wan-Fu in his Samurai Shodown collection. Plus, I don't see him having Midnight Spirit and Trial Force's Sonic the Hedgehog character in the TV Game section either. He actually has Zero_Col, since he's in the second part of his KOF collection, in case if you didn't notice. He did however include KoYoTae (?)'s Evil Zangief and Cid Ninja's Evil Balrog in his Street Fighter collection though. That's not much saying, since there are a lot more to list which would actually take me forever to do so. I apologize that I had to explain this again. 😔

@N_N Oh my! I didn't even know that Robert was one of The Disciple X's original characters. That's incredible. It's no wonder why his MUGEN conversion of him wasn't even up in the chars section, yet, DEL has somehow managed to pick it up and put it into his collection. Not sure if he was officially released to the public or maybe he was a leaked W.I.P.

And you know what? Some of those characters that were listed in his collection would also end up in an old compilation from 2006 that I had sitting around on my desktop. Not sure if it's just me, or does it seem like I have a fond of rare/missing characters that would later go offline in which that I wanted to revive? But yeah, all I could say is that there are a lot of other characters listed there are pretty much hard to find like what you had just said. If some of the DL links to lost chars that were already found to other people in other collections or the compilations that featured them were deleted/don't exist anymore, then I would feel pretty disappointed about it and it would be much more difficult to find them. What do you guys think of my other posts?

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if anyone has these guys in their roster and sending me a DL link to one of them. But yeah, this leads me to believe in conclusion, that Keegan, Robert Johnson, MUGEN Ball, and Dare?, who are the characters that I am looking for, are probably lost for now and will forever be lost during people's lifetime in the future. That is my diagnosis. LGM out.

On 11/22/2023 at 1:27 AM, Charmugen said:

Yep, there are a lot of lost stuff... Lots of lots of lost stuff. Even lost stuff that nobody is talking about that I know of...

Del's list of chars is pretty impressive, but we all know there are much more chars out there that time that is not on there... Yea, many of them are probably lost to time for good.

Absolutely, the world of characters in gaming is vast, and many gems are lost to time. Del's list is impressive, but there's always more out there. Great find on Tilin, the mind behind Suezo, TwinBee, and Koopa Troopa!Orginal Magic 8 ball