IMT Blue 1.1: How to Change Character Select Categories?

spoons825

Question

Hi! I've been building up my MUGEN roster for a long, long time now, and I'm using the IMT Blue screenpack. It has several options for different sizes, including one for 8400 characters (which is ridiculous, I'll probably never reach that far, haha), and that one requires categories to separate the characters.

Well, the categories they've got don't mesh with the characters I have, so I edited them in the select file itself, but when I open the game, they haven't changed, and now the characters don't match the categories even a little bit. Does anyone know how to change it in the game itself? It's really annoying me. Vselect also won't work because I have far too many characters and at least one of them keeps crashing it.

Edit: I've edited the sprite to show the new categories, and now it won't actually show up in MUGEN, so I """"solved"""" this problem only to make a whole new one. -_-

2 answers to this question

16 hours ago, PlasmoidThunder said:

It's a bit of screenpack visual trickery; the category list is likely a single image, so if you want to change that, you'll need to open the screenpack's system.sff, find that particular sprite, and edit it.

Thanks a lot! I actually tried that and it didn't work properly, I don't know if I saved it wrong or what but now it doesn't show up at all, so I've switched to IMT Green, which I found out has a lot more character slots available without that organization system. 🙂