Inconsistent Portraits?

zelooooo

Question

All right, here's the thing: I've been messing with some custom portraits for a few characters whose base portraits didn't please all that much, and I've noticed something a little strange... The portrait size needed to fill the entire blank space in the CSS varies from character to character. Of course, the aspect ratio is still the same, but the resolution's almost always different, and the inconsistency is making me want to give up on making things look better because I have to crapshoot my way through every image until I find the one size that actually fills up the whole space like I want it to.
One portrait's resolution might be a perfect 120x140 and fit in perfectly with no adjustments necessary, then I try replacing another character's pic and it just refuses to be in the right size unless I get it to 160x180 or even higher.
What's causing this? Is there a way to correctly predict which size I'll need for each character, or maybe a value in their DEF/CNS that I can tweak to solve this? Is the answer in my build's system.def? And if that's the case, why is it different for almost everyone?

2 answers to this question

1 hour ago, PlasmoidThunder said:

It'll be the localcoord value in their .def, which scales all graphics, including portraits. You'd have to calculate how big the portrait needs to be in order to scale correctly.

So that's why the chars that don't have localcoord scale correctly. Thank you!
Hmm, that might actually come in handy, considering how I'm meshing a bunch of HD sprites with CPS2 stuff and x/yscale scales nothing except for the character itself, leaving projectiles and everything else alone.