How do I add characters and increase screen size?

Baron Von Gott

Question

I'm working on making a Mugen with 1,000 character slots with the full KOF Anthology and a few additional characters. I have E.V.E. and Mugen 1.1. Mugen 1.1 seems to be everything I need, but I can't figure out how to add characters or make the screen full size. Also, is it possible to delete Kung-Fu Man? The KOF Anthology is 864 characters, and I need the remaining 136 slots for Marvel, Guilty Gear, and Time Killers characters.

4 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Baron Von Gott said:

I'm working on making a Mugen with 1,000 character slots with the full KOF Anthology and a few additional characters. I have E.V.E. and Mugen 1.1. Mugen 1.1 seems to be everything I need, but I can't figure out how to add characters or make the screen full size. Also, is it possible to delete Kung-Fu Man? The KOF Anthology is 864 characters, and I need the remaining 136 slots for Marvel, Guilty Gear, and Time Killers characters.

Try watching a few tutorials, that's usually what I do.

Sorry, I just saw this now. I downloaded a few tutorial videos, but most of them were how to edit pallets on Fighter Factory. I'm still trying to figure that out too. I do have one called "How to build your own Mugen game". I think the video is ahead of me though. It explains stuff about screenpacks and stages and I'm not on that level yet.

Step 1: Trying to figure out how to run Mugen 1.1 without any problems.

Step 2: Figure out how to add and test characters and eliminate doubles.

Step 3 and so on is probably stages and palette swap options but they're way ahead of my understanding so far. I haven't downloaded any stages or lifebars or screenpacks yet.

I was watching that Old Gamer video and there's a link for some kind of Mugen tools, but there was a virus and I couldn't download them. I just got a message that said something like: "This file is infected with a virus. Only the owner may download infected files". I'm not sure what the tools were exactly, but the Google drive link was in the video description.