Nitch is here just in time for the holidays!

GTFoxN6Y

Figured I'd try this one out just for a laugh. Hoooooooo boy.

For what it's worth, I'm not going to go over the sprite quality because I'd be here all day otherwise, so I'll stick to the technical side of things.

• Frame data is an absolute mess; you've got attacks that are active from frame 1 and are so incredibly safe on block/hit that simply throwing them out is good enough to pressure the opponent with practically zero effort, but then you've got attacks like Superspin that can potentially be -64 on hit if the opponent gets up quick enough.
    • Standing Y, for instance, is active for the entire duration of the attack and can be anywhere from -2 to +10 on block depending on how it's spaced.
  • Similarly, damage output is all over the place, with standing X doing a pathetic 6 damage while jumping Y does at most an absolutely silly 200 damage; Hyper damage is excessive, with a fully invincible projectile Hyper doing over 400 damage for only 1000 Power.
    • Why would Supernova Bomb, a level 1 projectile Hyper that grants Nitch full invulnerability even if the projectile misses, do substantially more damage than a level 1 Hyper that's close-ranged and is unsafe on hit?
  • Nitch gains Power back during Hypers, which it shouldn't.
  • Standing Z is OP; yeah, sure, it uses 500 Power, but that's hardly a drawback considering it's an instantaneous unblockable teleport attack that puts the opponent in extended hitstun.
  • Standing B and C are infinites, though the former requires a corner and the latter is incredibly strict.
  • Whatever this is.
  • No Specials? Is this unfinished, or did you only intend to have Normals and Hypers?
  • The character's Normals have way too much priority for how fast and safe they are.
  • Finisher has no failsafe in the event the move doesn't K.O.
  • It's incredibly jarring to see something like jumping C still suffer pushback despite being a beam that's disconnected from the character.
  • Standing A misses at point-blank range.
  • Why is Spining Phantom unblockable? That's pretty broken considering it already does 560 damage.
  • Poiised blast does 330 damage on block, which is a hell of a lot all things considered.

I'm positive this isn't everything, but this character is flawed from a fundamental standpoint so I dunno what to suggest. Lots of questionable design choices, that's for sure.

17 hours ago, PlasmoidThunder said:

For what it's worth, I'm not going to go over the sprite quality because I'd be here all day otherwise, so I'll stick to the technical side of things.

• Frame data is an absolute mess; you've got attacks that are active from frame 1 and are so incredibly safe on block/hit that simply throwing them out is good enough to pressure the opponent with practically zero effort, but then you've got attacks like Superspin that can potentially be -64 on hit if the opponent gets up quick enough.
    • Standing Y, for instance, is active for the entire duration of the attack and can be anywhere from -2 to +10 on block depending on how it's spaced.
  • Similarly, damage output is all over the place, with standing X doing a pathetic 6 damage while jumping Y does at most an absolutely silly 200 damage; Hyper damage is excessive, with a fully invincible projectile Hyper doing over 400 damage for only 1000 Power.
    • Why would Supernova Bomb, a level 1 projectile Hyper that grants Nitch full invulnerability even if the projectile misses, do substantially more damage than a level 1 Hyper that's close-ranged and is unsafe on hit?
  • Standing Z is OP; yeah, sure, it uses 500 Power, but that's hardly a drawback considering it's an instantaneous unblockable teleport attack that puts the opponent in extended hitstun.
  • Standing B and C are infinites, though the former requires a corner and the latter is incredibly strict.
  • Whatever this is.
  • No Specials? Is this unfinished, or did you only intend to have Normals and Hypers?
  • The character's Normals have way too much priority for how fast and safe they are.
  • It's incredibly jarring to see something like jumping C still suffer pushback despite being a beam that's disconnected from the character.
  • Why is Spining Phantom unblockable? That's pretty broken considering it already does 560 damage.
  • Poiised blast does 330 damage on block, which is a hell of a lot all things considered.

I'm positive this isn't everything, but this character is flawed from a fundamental standpoint so I dunno what to suggest. Lots of questionable design choices, that's for sure.

Thanks for the bug report. I'll be fixing them in the next version.

18 minutes ago, GTFoxN6Y said:

Thanks for the bug report. I'll be fixing them in the next version.

17 hours ago, PlasmoidThunder said:

• Whatever this is.

You may also test Jun, Moniko and Ultimate Shadow vannolpe ASAP.

Link:

https://gtfoxn6y.constantcontactsites.com/mugen-hud