1P vs CPU debug keys don´t work

SamuelLJackson

Question

Hello sincerely,

I just need to help with something because I seem to be in a totally blind spot. It´s about the debug keys. I downloaded the original MUGEN 1.0 at first but I left it for CrusadeCast screenpack (1.0 and 1.1 in one pack) from andersonkenya1´s website because I also kinda hoped I was going to find a normal Player vs CPU mode. But that isn´t the issue. I have read and watched tutorials so I followed them. They are all the same so I could not find what could even go wrong. I opened mugen.cfg and set the debug keys.

[Debug]
 ;Set to 0 to disable starting in debug mode by default.
Debug = 1

;Set to 0 to disallow switching to debug mode by pressing Ctrl-D.
 ;If Debug = 1, this will be ignored.
AllowDebugMode = 1

;Set to 1 to allow debug keys at all times. Otherwise debug keys
 ;allowed only in debug mode.
AllowDebugKeys = 1

;Set to 1 to run at maximum speed by default.
Speedup = 0

;Default starting stage for quick versus.
StartStage = stages/stage0-720.def

I saved and opened the game. I tried the watch mode and the vs mode, then pressed Ctrl+1 or Ctrl+2 depending on my attempt. I tried to press it on character select screen, during loading the matches, at the beginning of the match and even in the main menu. Ctrl and the number at the same time and separately too. In MUGEN 1.0 and MUGEN 1.1. Nothing ever worked. Not even once. Is here any kind soul to address what could even go wrong and how to fix it, please?

7 answers to this question

This only works during a match, so attempting to do it anywhere else won't work. You also need to keep in mind that a lot of characters with A.I. were coded using the old "impossible commands" method that cannot be turned off once it has activated, which generally occurs after the intro (roundstate = 2), so pressing Ctrl+# during the intro should work in these cases.

Well, it never works. Maybe I have way too many characters, too many OLD characters badly compatible with MUGEN 1.0 and 1.1 in some ways, maybe it´s the screenpack, maybe it´s the laptop but I am still buffled that one of the most basic things just doesn´t work for me since everyone uses it.

Got that working. Doesn´t every single time but at least in 50-70% of attempts. I can understand this method is here to prevent little children from "polluting" the scene but hell, it´s kind of confusing. Rarely someone will tell you only the numbers on the left side work (which means Caps Lock and the certain number on the left side on English(!) keybord because it doesn´t work with Shift). But thanks anyways, you´re great. This thread can be closed or whatsover now.

Whoa hey, I'm pretty sure the reason people weren't responding wasn't to do with any elitist nonsense, just that either they didn't see the thread or were stumped like I was. There's little value in responding to a thread just to say "idk, sorry" 😛

It's news to me that you can't use the numpad to activate the debug keys, but then I suppose I've never tried it either, having only used the regular numerical keys to do this. Glad you got it sorted(?) though.