How to increase the volume of your stage music(MP3 Only)

Riku Minato

If your stage music is too low in volume and like me, you find the volume settings in the .def and .cfg files useless, you'll find this useful.  First u need to download a program called mp3gain. 

Get it here - 
mp3gain

That version has all the drivers and extra files in a folder so u wont have to install anything. (Choose "extract to mp3gain-win-full-1_2_5.zip" when extracting so the files aren't all over the place).  

When ur done u should have a folder named "mp3gain-win-full-1_2_5".  Open that folder.  In it, you'll see a little black circle icon labeled "MP3GainGUI".  Open that up.

When you got the program open, click "Add file(s)".  Should be the sheet of paper looking icon on the top left corner.  Choose a file and open it.  After the file appears on the list click "Track Analysis"(the 3rd icon, the sheet of paper with a magnifying glass).  It will show a number under volume(like 91.5 or something).  Thats the volume level of the MP3 u opened.  Right above the volume, u should see "Target normal volume" w/ a box with a number inside.  The default is 89.0.  Type in a higher number(example:  If the mp3's volume was 91.5 type in 97)  Then click "Track Gain"(Icon next to "Track Analysis").  That will increase the volume to the level u typed in the box.  

Clear the file off and test it out in your mugen.  It should be significantly louder.  If its too loud u can always open the file back up with mp3gain and lower it, or increase it more if its too low.  Just repeat the process.  It doesnt go higher than 105.0 but I doubt you'll need it that high.  Play around with it until u get the desired volume.  I recommend u do this one file at a time since mp3's often differ in volume level.  (If u do need it louder than 105, I would recommend u lower the wav volume in the mugen options to even out the char/music volume ratio.) 

Again this only works for MP3's.  

Hope this help.

Note: For MAC Users I don't know how it works so I'm sorry I can't help u guys/gals.

Note#2: This post is from Username: AceWonder20 from infinitymugenteam.com