[PS1] Bloody Roar 2

Ryon

• 6 months later...

Bloody Roar 2 is an interesting fighter to try out, but falls short compared to other fighting games in 1999. Casual gamers might find something to like about BR2, but hardcore fighting game players had plenty of other hit titles they were busy with in 1999.

On that note, maybe Bloody Roar 2 would appeal to someone that is tired of getting their ass kicked in real fighting games like Tekken, Soul Calibur and Street Fighter.... Posted ImageOuch! ~TFG Webmaster

There is something bout the TFG guy i dnt like >_<

I've played both Beastorizer (Bloody Roar 1) and Bloody Roar 2, and I honestly like the first game better. It might just be the characters, though. The cast in the first game was pretty well diversified with a lot of colorful characters. I generally played as Mitsuko a lot, but I used Greg, Alice, Fox, Bakuryu, and Long quite a bit, too. Bloody Roar 2's new characters were... kind of boring. Mitsuko, Fox, and Greg are gone (As well as Gado, who I didn't like all that much anyway). Bakuryu was completely redesigned into a more generic ninja character, and eventually became a Strider Hiryu look-alike. Jenny, I guess, would be okay if she were in any other game, but when the other characters go full anthro, a glorified vampire isn't going to cut it for me. Stun is generally an uninteresting mummy character who's more weird than cool. And his mecha bug form is kind of meh to me. Bushuzima is super freaky, but not in a good way. The character is more ridiculous than charming. That character who replaced Gado (Forgot the person's name) is even more dull than Gado. Uriko's new Half-Beast form is pretty much the same as Jenny, as it's not full-anthro like the other forms. I liked her better when she turned into a Super demon.

But like the first post said, I really liked that it wasn't a button masher. Bloody Roar and Bloody Roar 2 have a pretty simplistic gameplay style that's really addicting.

Bloody Roar 2 is an interesting fighter to try out, but falls short compared to other fighting games in 1999. Casual gamers might find something to like about BR2, but hardcore fighting game players had plenty of other hit titles they were busy with in 1999.

On that note, maybe Bloody Roar 2 would appeal to someone that is tired of getting their ass kicked in real fighting games like Tekken, Soul Calibur and Street Fighter.... Posted ImageOuch! ~TFG Webmaster

There is something bout the TFG guy i dnt like >_<

I think part of it is that the guy is anti-furry, so he's kind of biased towards the series.