[3DS] Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King (3DS Remake)

SSBKing65✯

Originally on the PS2, this fine remake of the 3D first for the DQ series, you play as a hero from a cursed castle from the evil Dhoulmagus, who placed a curse on King Trode turning him into an ugly troll, and Princess Medea, transforming her into a horse. You, the hero, being the only one who survived the destruction, sets off along with Yangus, Red, and several other quirky companions to save the castle and the world in this amazing adventure.

Here's a graphics comparison, it looks so much clearer, and colorful and Red is going to look even more gorgeous.

There's some new monsters, like the Slime Pudding.

20150612_014346_thumb.png

The four heroes, Angelo was my favorite partner in the original.

Dragon-Quest-VIII-3DS-15.jpg

I wonder what's going to happen with the Monster Arena, as Morrie's also a new partner. He was the manager of the Arena and you fought his monster team at the end of Rank S

DQ8_06-30-15_004.jpg

He was pretty important in the original but I'm not surprised he's a partner. The Monster Arena was my favorite part of the game, aside from the Dragovian Trials.

20150626_111123_thumb.png

Cant wait to see this scene, I'd never thoght they'd cross paths.

But one of the major things I'm excited about is having my favorite DQ character finally be a major person in the game, RED!

She is my favorite character in the whole series even only playing one DQ game. Red is a thief and one of Yangus old friends, in the original release you visit her a few times for some requests, like getting Medea back from a bargain and helping on a treasure hunt. She's an important side character who appears in long intervals throughout the game. I think she's beautiful, I love her accent and even know she's not the nicest person you'll meet, Red is a woman who stole my heart in the PS2 original. I love her design as well and the scenes with her, the fact that Square finally realized her importance, that made me a happy gamer. 

Here's a funny little scene from the original game.

Truth is, I wished Red was a partner in the original Dragon Quest 8. Some other fans thought so as well, she was actually Yangus girlfriend at one point when he tried to get her the Venus Tear. And that wish came true, I cried, because I never thought this would happen, but it did, wow. A remake on the 3DS, and they added Red. I am satisfied.

Dragon-Quest-VIII-Journey-of-the-Cursed-

And here's Trode and Medea.

dragon_quest_viii_3ds_-_img.jpg

This remake is hype, as Square heard my plea. I knew they knew that Red was important.

DQ8_06-30-15_003.jpg

It looks like they're giving her a chain or whip to use in battle. Awesome.

Dragon Quest VIII 3DS

Another attack of Red's.

This will be one of the greatest remakes ever. Red alone is one reason I'm so hyped for this.

Yeah I still have the PS2 version. but if they are releasing this in US/EUR and  are adding all this to it then I can sell the PS2 version (online) and get this one for the 3DS. :-D

I wonder do they still have Jessica's "ultimate Armor" in it. LOL! :=D:

Man I hope the Monster Arena still exist with Morrie on the team as ally. Maybe that's a reward for completing Rank S. Im stoked for Red, but what does this mean for the party as a whole?

Man I hope the Monster Arena still exist with Morrie on the team as ally. Maybe that's a reward for completing Rank S. Im stoked for Red, but what does this mean for the party as a whole?

Probly have a more interesting ending. Considering in the last version they only show the ending mostly on the protagonist. Hopfully this time they will show more on the other main characters in the party especially for Yangus x Red considering they supposed to be back together but we didn't know for sure if it was true. Thats my hunch about all this. :goodmood:

Also I wonder (predicting) are they going to go ahead and ship Jessica x Angelo. Doe I doubt it but it be a surprised if they let that happen but in a crazy way. LOL!

However Angelo is more of a pimp so I wouldn't expect him to go through that type of situation anyways. XD

I hope that the final dungeon is expanded or replaced with something more story driven, much like FF4 after years.

Yeah that be cool, and maybe add couple more side-quest since Morrie is part of the gang maybe actually finding the true "Ultimate Monster" or something like that.

I'm not sure about the release date either, but I'm wondering what new areas and things they're adding to the game. Anyone remember the Heavenly Dais?. That's going to look great in this game. I honestly think Jessica looks a little too fanservicey and skimpy,especially with that last outfit of hers, that's why I love Red more.

Yeah I know, she was still a great party member, with Twin Dragon Lash, her powerful magic and those funny sex attacks, the game even realizes at one point that she's the fanservice of the group. I loved all four of em though. I'm more worried on if this game is coming to NA. I heard it was going to release in France.

If its going to be released in France then its a good chance its going to be released in US and the rest of EUR then, but it just going to take Awhile  (3-4 months) tell we get a NA port of the game (after they translate the new content and probly censor acouple things). :-P

I honestly think Jessica looks a little too fanservicey and skimpy,especially with that last outfit of hers, that's why I love Red more.

Yeah I know, she was still a great party member, with Twin Dragon Lash, her powerful magic and those funny sex attacks, the game even realizes at one point that she's the fanservice of the group. I loved all four of em though. I'm more worried on if this game is coming to NA. I heard it was going to release in France.

LOL! well my friend you should already know how it goes when it comes to japan when they create something to appeal to people of older ages. Even though this game was rated 'T' for younger players but they have to add some content that appeals to older gamers (like me). It also adds some comedy to it so dos'nt make the game too dull for us older gamers either. :goodmood:

So I don't mind Jessica being that way and don't be surprise if they give Red an appealing outfit as a special armor or sort that can happen you know.

I get that Gal, I was just saying I don't like what they did with her. The game has a lot of humor in it too, like that one bar fight scene. I know they're giving Red special outfits, and cant wait to see those. And yes, DQ8 isn't intended for the younger demographic but I adored it with the colorful characters, creative monsters, and it's lovely orchestrated soundtrack, I'll always remember this game.They're actually censoring one of Jessica's outfits, I think Square realizes why she looks so revealing as well.

I just hope it doesn't get cancelled like Digimon World did.

More lilkly not since this game was already made on PS2. :-P

The game was one of the most popular Rpg and it sold real well world wide during those times (like pokemon Gold/Silver) so a remake of this was possible plus to try to revive DQ series for the New generation of gamers.

Wait which Digimon game are you talking about because they are finally releasing Cyber Sleuth in the US. Even though I would've preferred RE: Digitize Decode...

RE: Digitized. I was looking forward to it.

Wait which Digimon game are you talking about because they are finally releasing Cyber Sleuth in the US. Even though I would've preferred RE: Digitize Decode...

RE: Digitized. I was looking forward to it.

I guess you can say due too less popularity in other regions. its out ranked by Pokemon. Doe its still very popular in Japan of course. :-P

About the censoring on Jessica's outfits that SSBK65 mentioned:

It look like the magic bikini outfit is one of them that will be adjusted. However i like her "ultimate Armor" outfit the best anyways LOL!:

Hero needs a new outfit.......Dude looks like a valiant hippie

Actrully he has the dragon armor if you beat all the Ultimate Dragon lords challenges in the Extra dungeon:

[1:37-1:52]

I hope in the 3ds version you can get it sooner. :-P