[3DS] Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King (3DS Remake)

SSBKing65✯

Yep, If I wasn't wasting my time I would have said that. But that's the best outfit for the Hero. He should get some other new clothes though.

What surprised me that they didn't let the Hero have the original soldiers outfit from the time when the king's kingdom got cursed in the ps2 version. Hopefully they will consider giving him that outfit this time...

You know, I'm surprised not all the characters only the Hero and Jessica only had alts. The rest of them should in this remake.

Yeah that true but the only exception is will they give Yangus any alt. suits for the remake? He pretty cool as he is. :-P

LOL! all this talking about this game makes me want to play it again. I should go ahead an dig it out of my Gaming-chest and play my old Ps2 before it finally goes out.

(that thing like 15 years years old now and its still works) :-)

LOL! all this talking about this game makes me want to play it again. I should go ahead an dig it out of my Gaming-chest and play my old Ps2 before it finally goes out.

(that thing like 15 years years old now and its still works) :-)

Best  console ever brah.................who else misses monster rancher

• 1 year later...

Well, sadly the game's release date been pushed back to January 20, 2017, but there's tons of new info, a few days ago Nintendo released some new vids showcasing Red and Morrie's new attacks, they look epic:

Red can use her fists, daggers, whips, and fans to battle. She joins after you defeat the ghost of Captain Crow.

Red even has a revival technique with her fans, so she's definitely a vital partner. Wonder what else she'll do?

Morrie uses his fists, boomerangs, clubs, and claws to fight, he sure has some stylish moves. He joins after you defeat his team in the Monster Arena Rank S. 

There's a new Rank X in the Monster Arena, too.

Both their voice actors are back to record some new lines, so that's great. Jessica also has a new voice actor.

Another new trailer showing more new features and differences, I like em. Such as the new battle speedup feature and camera integration. We got new costumes for Yangus and Angelo! I like that Square toned down Jessica's skimpy outfit, despite how some don't like it.

Now this remake doesn't have orchestrated music, I actually think it has something to do with copyright with the original composers for the PS2 version. The American 3DS release uses the original soundtrack, slightly different, and this original soundtrack was in the original Japanese PS2 release of Dragon Quest, which also had no voice acting.

So we were pretty lucky to get all that, I think it's fair enough, and I like both soundtracks. But the Japanese 3DS release has the orchestrated music. So, we traded soundtracks.