Character Balancing

Cayne

I was just wondering what some of you guys considered a well balanced character when dealing with multiple franchises and authors. Right now all my chars in my roster contain the following;

life = 2000
attack = 100
defence = 100
fall.defence_up = 50
liedown.time = 50
airjuggle = 15
sparkno = 2
guard.sparkno = 40
KO.echo = 0
volume = 0
power = 3200
IntPersistIndex = 1
FloatPersistIndex = 1

Your characters should all have 1000 HP and 3000 power, the other stats are exactly as they should be. The bosses could be an exception as they usually have higher HP.

Seconded.

Then you should also take into account the characters and their abilites and comboability and the like and go on from there.

yeah Im still working on creating my own SP before I start revamping my roster. I also wouldn't mind using some of those Extreme Butoden sprite rips, but im just not as fast as the real creator in mugen. BoyBoyz beat me to Broly and im glad he did.

2000 life is 99% of the time never balanced, well, my thoughts on that.

Is there any particular reason why this has so much impact on balance? I'm interested in this because I feel like Akuma and phoenix (MvC3) had different life than other characters in their games respectively.

It makes matches longer ad depending on the enemy AI, if you've been taking more damage than the COM then it's almost impossible to beat your opponent with such low HP. At 2000 Life, you're making the fights even harder. But that's just me, normal characters always have 1000 HP. 

I keep everyone at

life = 1000
attack = 100
defense = 100
power = 3000

the rest of your code you posted are a tad irrelevant.

I keep them all to that standard, and I've noticed some people would nerf there own characters depending on there accuracy. For instance POTS' Shin Gouki has ( I BELIEVE )
life = 1100
attack = 110
defense = 90
power = 3000