Minor palette trouble.

RobotMonkeyHead

Question

I realize I've put up a few of these topics lately, but I do look around for tutorials and things before I ask.

I'm just wondering how to apply a different existing palette to a group of sprites and actually have it stay after saving, closing and reopening. 

It applies fine, it's just if I save it and close and reopen the old palette is back on the group of images.

2 answers to this question

if your doing this in fighter factory aftering adding your NEW sprites.

if you remove the palette of the NEW sprites it will be forced to take the FIRST palette in FF3.

this is good if your adding sprites from another character with a very similar palette, but it doesnt quiet add up.

This is probably one of the most difficultiest things to explain. Each sprite has its own palette, or rather each group in this case.

If that group does not match the pre-existing palette's palette, then it will add to FF3 as its own palette, even if 1 color is off by 1.

which would make it nor display correctly in mugen.

My method is to make both images look like the same palette. then copy paste from the new sprites into the old sprites image, to force/retain the palette.