Ikaruga's AI Patches

y2alex

Question

Hey guys I'm trying to get my hands on a couple of AI Patches made by ikaruga. Please share if you have any of these patches.

Made by Jin

Ash (plus his SND file)

Krauser

Rock

Reas

N-Geese

Made by ahuron

Oswald

Don't know these authors (got back into mugen way too late...)

Ironrobert

Shimo

Jess

John

Vesper

Alba

Neige

Yuuri-kureo

18 answers to this question

Could you send me a link to ur char? They typically have the KOFXI Super Bars at the bottom, but I'm not sure if he applied them to all his chars. He also separates the cns files in a separate folder called ikaruga-patch, so those might be some good clues.

Not the ai patch I'm looking for but definitely one to consider if ikaruga's version doesn't turn up. Thanks for the share!

Also if anyone has Tiger and Ghostkicks (Dick Buckus) patches by ikaruga, please share. I need those patches as well. Thanks.

Whoa, randomly clicked onto this forum section and into this thread. So it looks like there are two Reas patches... one by Ikaruga and one by Duagi. Ikaruga's patch seems to be stronger than Duagi's. 

For some reason, Reas patched with Duagi's patch only does 330 damage with her 3 power bar hyper on Reas patched with Ikaruga's patch, whereas Ikaruga's Reas hits the full 650 on Duagi's Reas. I thought, either Duagi's Reas deals less damage than normal or Ikaruga's Reas has more defense than normal. Testing with other character shows neither is the case?! Confused. It's a little hard to believe that Ikaruga can make a patch that is so much stronger than Duagi's, which is already a huge improvement over the stock AI. I hope only the AI was changed. I order my MUGEN characters by strength, so I can more easily see the differences in strength between each edit.

EDIT:

More testing seems to show that my Reas patched with Ikaruga's patch is taking half damage from Iori UM's DMs. Blegh.

That's interesting. Couldn't you offset that by changing her attack and defense settings? I haven't tested her to that capacitiy yet (Still kinda new to this stuff).

I would have assumed as much, but it looks to be more complicated than that. I'm not a Mugen character author so I only understand a bit myself. The problem is that the damage Ikaruga's Reas takes isn't a flat percentage change, like she takes a flat 20% damage decrease from all attacks. Against some attacks she takes much less, some just a little bit less.

Basically, in some cases Ikaruga's Reas takes and does the same damage as normal Reas, but in some cases more, in some cases less.

I've been testing this with training room.

God of Wind -> Ikaruga's Reas

Hakura = 150 dmg taken

Holy Wind = 384

Blue Wrath = 207

Pillar of Fire = 185

Pillar of Wind = 160

God of Wind -> Reas

Hakura = 270 dmg <--- 80% more damage taken

Holy Wind = 460 <--- 20% more damage taken

Blue Wrath = 410 <--- 98% more damage taken

Pillar of Fire = 330 <--- 78% more damage taken

Pillar of Wind = 288 <--- 80% more damage taken

Normal Reas -> Ihoo's Iori

A = 26 dmg taken

S = 59

Z = 23

X = 58

D = 80

Typical 4 hit combo = 187

Ikargua's Reas -> Ihoo's Iori

A = 35 <--- 31% more damage taken

S = 79 <--- 34% more damage taken

Z = 30 <--- 30% more damage taken

X = 70 <--- 21% more damage taken

D = 100 <--- 25% more damage taken

Typical 4 hit combo = 167 <---12% LESS damage taken??? Here Ikargua's patch makes this attack WEAKER?

A is light kick, S is strong kick

Z is light punch, X is strong punch

D is... I dunno, that one other button.

Note: My Super.TargetDefenceMul is set to 1, different than the default 1.5 but that has no impact on the conclusions of the test...

Duagi's Reas is more like a real AI patch. That Reas has the same damage output and defense as normal, unpatched Reas. Also, it seems that normal or Duagi's patched Reas both take the normal amount of damage. Whatever change is going on, it's with Ikaruga's patch.

EDIT:

More testing:

Ihoo's Iori -> Ikaruga's Reas

A = 38

S = 95

Z = 38

X = 81

Moving A kick (2hit) = 80

One strong claw + 3 hit typical Iori combo = 165

2 Power bar version of 8 Maiden Masher (the one that does big damage on single explosion) = 410

3 Power bar version of the special Ihoo AI does when hit by striker = 710

Ihoo's Iori -> Reas

A = 38 <--- 0% more dmg taken

S = 95 <--- 0% more dmg taken

Z = 38 <--- 0% more dmg taken

X = 81 <--- 0% more dmg taken

Moving A kick (2hit) = 106 <--- 32.5% more dmg taken

One strong claw + 3 hit typical Iori combo = 241 <--- 45% more dmg taken

2 bar 8 Maiden Masher = 410 <--- 0% more dmg taken

3 bar spec = 710 <--- 0% more dmg taken

Thanks for these patches and thanks for the share as well Cap Russi. The N-geese I'm looking for is by Jin, he's the KOF version of him. These ikaruga patches are hard to find, everything that goes offline is, so I appreciate the help.

Also Dark Wizzie did you happen to test another of the other ikaruga patches. I'll be checking them out as well but I wonder if this is the case with all of them, or maybe just reas. Good thing is the AI is adjustable which is what I love about these patches (and the super bars).

Someone bless me with Rock Howard  :=D:

Thanks for these patches and thanks for the share as well Cap Russi. The N-geese I'm looking for is by Jin, he's the KOF version of him. These ikaruga patches are hard to find, everything that goes offline is, so I appreciate the help.

Also Dark Wizzie did you happen to test another of the other ikaruga patches. I'll be checking them out as well but I wonder if this is the case with all of them, or maybe just reas. Good thing is the AI is adjustable which is what I love about these patches (and the super bars).

Someone bless me with Rock Howard  :=D:

Lol

If you still want me to test, I'm around.