Which styles are you using when you program the character?

DuckAzz

well as title says,you should keep just one thing in your mind:

-First : ARE you using original style to make original character?

-Second : ARE you mixing something?

-Third: ARE you editing something in that style?

-Fourth: Your AI

-Fifth: which programing are you using? winmugen or mugen 1.0?

Here's my list of my styles what I'm using:

Character styles:

-T.A.K.A.R.A GB system + custom king of fighters system
                          -Used in GB fighers

-SF3 and SF2 bootleg mix Rip off
                          -Used in Bootleg wars

-Random KOF style

-Used on KOF edits

-Basic mugen style

-Used on Antigouki and on other characters

-Joke sytle 
                          -Used on joke characters

-D(F)ucked CVS

-Used on some characters who have cvs sprites

-Random style

-Used on bugfixed characters and on my random styled characters

AI: Winmugen + 1.0 style (only on my characters what I edited them,sometimes the AI can be in bugfixed characters)

Resources for AI: mugen 1.0 var(59) and winmugen duplicate states for AI 

Programming: Winmugen

1. Yes if I can't find a reason for it to be MvC2 style. Combo system implemented though

2. MvC2 if possible...

3. Not editing anything at the moment

4. Using var(59) for AI. Depending on the AI level in MUGEN.cfg, the AI can do hypers at ease and won't hesitate to combo.

5. MUGEN 1.1

• 2 weeks later...

I strive for accuracy most of the times (the feedback I give is in fact for accuracy).

Let me answer the questions:

1- are you using an original style to make original characters?

2- are you mixing something?

3- are you editing something in that style?

4- What about the AI?

5- What do you code for? WinMugen or Mugen 1.0? What programme do you use?

1- Usually I don't. When I do make something in an original style...

2- ... then yes, I mix various elements.

3- No.

4- I don't know how to code AI. :( I don't like either brutal AIs or almost non-existant ones.

5- 1.0; I still use FFU (Fighter Factory Ultimate) but I'm moving to FF3 (Fighter Factory 3).

I just go for what kind of gameplay that comes to mind when I (hopefully) make a character (KI 2013, P4A, UMvC3, SF, etc etc).

And to answer your questions:

1. Nope, I don't have any styles that are "original" when it comes to mind (most of them are pretty much inspiration from different games) However, like Alex said, if I were to make something "original"...

2. Then yes, I would mix up aspects of gameplay.

3. Nope.. Unless if it's a "surprise" edit for a friend or something. But I don't know how to code (In fact, I'm just reading the docs as of now) so don't know when that will be.

4. I can't code AIs. If I were, probably something similar to the source game's AI (even going as far as the "Kyle" difficulty from KI)

5. 1.0. Using FF3 (Fighter Factory 3) as my char testing/sound editing ground as of now (Also for my palette ground, but don't really feel like sharing it with everyone)

>> -First : ARE you using original style to make original character?

In my MUGEN dictionary, "original style" is all about original sprites/sounds/moves and designs that cannot be found in any published video games except in the product by the very MUGEN creator(s).

For example, Andrés Borghi's "The Black Heart" MUGEN content, in my opinion, is considered "original style".

Anything else, making used of existing published materials (KOF, SF, Mario, Kirby, Robocop, Batman, Hello Kitty,...etc.), is not original.

My MUGEN authoring style is, since I don't know how to make original materials, just, "trying to mugenize not-yet-mugenized MUGEN stuff, and adding some peculiar custom stuff to it, while failing to stay source-game accuracy because of lack of knowledge and skill".

>> -Second : ARE you mixing something?

I admit I am (was) quite ambitious about mixture in MUGEN authoring.  Simply out, "many MUGEN ideas in one, bad MUGEN execution" in most of my MUGEN mixing.

>> -Third: ARE you editing something in that style?

Indeed, all of my MUGEN stuff, old and new and next, are MUGEN edits, by using other MUGEN creators'/authors' works.  Just full of "sprite-swap" and "copy&paste" in my MUGEN stuff. 

>> -Fourth: Your AI

During 2010-2011, my MUGEN characters' A.I. supports both winmugen and MUGEN1.0.  From 2014, I only do MUGEN1.0 A.I. since I have given up winmugen totally as of now.
And, I really don't know how to code MUGEN A.I.  All I do is making my MUGEN characters react to P2's actions, in both absolute and random manners.

The result is some highly predictable MUGEN A.I.  Some of my MUGEN A.I. is quite cheap too......
Furthermore, I think all MUGEN bosses MUST HAVE A.I.  A MUGEN boss without A.I. is just like, a cheeseburger without cheese.........."being a boss, being cheesy".

>> -Fifth: which programing are you using? winmugen or mugen 1.0?

During 2010-2011, both winmugen and MUGEN1.0 were supported; from 2014, only MUGEN1.0 is being supported.

Before the great Fighter Factory, I used M.C.M.

[EDIT]:I actually prefer mugenized retro stuff over mugenized modern/next-gen stuff.

1. Well the style I would call my work in progresses is the Kingdom Hearts style.

2. Not really.

3. Making something yes editing no.

4. Ai unknown at this ponit I'm still learning that.

5. MUGEN 1.0

well as title says,you should keep just one thing in your mind:

1) nah no set style. my own mix of different console based features and ideas of my own....

2) Yes. Im always mixing. Things ive seen on console or something i thought would be cool to use from my own idea or possibly something cool i seen in another creator's character and just add my lil spin on it.

3) No. its too much of a headache for me to edit another creator's character. If i do an edit its private and for fun for myself or a friend. Most ill do with editing stuff a sound effect. A visual effect and a slight sprite edit for movements i need. But..hmm then again yeah it is technically an edit of source game material since im using the sprites and not stuff of my own like Diepod creates in Original spriting designs if thats what you mean.

4) AI? Aggressive combat style. Decent enough where it just doesnt sit there doing nothing. i try to aim for that as much as possible. AI is tricky at times to code. different methods to run by so im always learning better ways to code AI for a particular character im creating...

5) Both winmugen & 1.0 mugen. i dont mind coding for winmugen first and then patch for 1.0 after. its my project so thats never an issue to me. Programs? i use all 3 for different reasons but i main classic FF for coding stuff more so.