BSB Samus Beta v1.6

Ridley "MOTHERF_____"

Yeah...i rushed this release a bit, but only in form of replacing Power Bomb with Concentration and not including grapple beam (because i couldn`t make required GFX) and sense move. But i included missile (but not dark beam) ammo system.

About dark beam - it deals high damage to creatures from light (default) world, but deals nearly nothing to creatures from dark world...which doesn`t exist right now...anyway, it may be a bit unbalanced right now, but i will fix that with ammo system.

Link: http://www.4shared.com/rar/o6tsjJhTba/BSB_Samus__1_.html

So, i need your feedback and brains...but i would recommend you to give feedback only.

See you next mission!

P.S. there is no readme, so, if you don`t know Samus - read manual or wiki article. And there won`t be any just as a homage to original Metroid.

cut and paste...

- sprites look great
- love the fx
- good job on move concepts and gameplay so far
- not sure how to phrase this, but its the walk. either slow it down or make it not move as far each frame. considering the steps, she looks like she's gliding
- can infinite the shock and fire projectiles from d,df,f+P
- with proper timing, when in a corner and somehow get P2 in the air (standing HK mainly, but can do with crouch HP maybe) can infinite standing HP/MP and some of the projectiles

ideas for new moves since you asked (if i understood correctly):
- hyper involving a missile barrage taking sprites from your firing missile special
- maybe put heatseeking effect on the missile special? or maybe fire a different kind of missilespecial that can heatseek/track P2
- use the d,db,b+k special to make a kind of maximum spider hyper where go all over screen. change color of effect though
- do something with her spaceship

Another update: http://www.4shared.com/rar/o6tsjJhTba/BSB_Samus__1_.html

Whats new:

Sense move - dodge move (in "bullet time"!) that becomes broken if you time it right...like in Other M...its not the only time someone makes dodge move for their characters, isn`t it?

Seeker Missiles hyper - fires 6 missiles;

Sped up walking animation;

Now beams can`t be spammed as much as before...at least on the ground;

Beams can`t be switched when there is at least one beam projectile (even off-screen) to prevent beams projectiles from changing their types while still on screen;

Now she is pushed back if using basic attacks in the corner;

Something i forgot.

Thats all for now. Next time i may add Morph Ball mode!..or not.

Very cool beta!

Just a few things from my quick test:

- grd6NhB.png

* P2 can stand-guard Samus' crouching kicks (and some aim-at-P2's-foot projectiles too)

- jAi4mNV.png

* There is a sun-burst thingy besides Samus' small portrait whenever she tries to shoot projectiles, and the longer the shoot is

charged, the bigger it grows

- y51oOT9.png

* The weapon slot & missile slot HUD show double (even triple) when Samus is doing a screen-scrolling dodge

- t0zzp3q.png

* When her purple electricity projectile (forgot the official move name...) misses P2, even after it is off screen for some time, its

sound effect still stays a little bit too long

And as you see in my MUGEN screenshots above, there is some MUGEN debug flood going on.  Most of it is due to your Helper, Explod, TargetBind,...etc. in which their pos = x, y is using non-integer values i.e. -66*const(size.xscale) I think it is good to use ceil() or floor() to fix this one

-Really? Then i just forgot to edit some stuff. But i think i shouldn`t make beam-to-the-foot version of charge beam being guardable only when crouching because it can hit lying down target already and what if it hits at point-blank range?

-I lack both sunburst bug and icon bug. Are you using mugen 1.1?

-Wave Beam (thats the name) exists for too long, thats why. I will use different trigger for destroyself then.

-The only debug flood i have is after using Hyper Beam and just a debug error/notice when using Wave Beam throw.

Maybe thats because i have slightly different version of this beta (since im working on her)...but i didn`t had any of those bugs in alpha version and early beta version. I can`t fix bugs i don`t have. And she isn`t 1.0 size character, so, i had to use *const(size.somethingscale) to properly scale and pose helpers and explods. Proof or whatever its called:

And proof that sense move isn`t tripling icons:

mugen___sense_move_by_bagansmashbros-d7b

And i found few things i did wrong, like sound in frozen state and ice beam hit sound. Will be fixed in the new version. And by the way, i added Morph Ball mode with bombs that allow you to BOMB JUMP! It requires some timing, but it is something every one who played Metroid games will remember. Power Bombs is next!

Oh I forgot to mention that I am using MUGEN1.0 (not 1.1). 

And my MUGEN setup is: 

;Game native width and height.
 ;Recommended settings are:
 ;  640x480   Standard definition 4:3
 ; 1280x720   High definition 16:9
 ; 1920x1080  Full HD 16:9
GameWidth = 640
GameHeight = 480

And I was testing with your http://www.4shared.com/rar/o6tsjJhTba/BSB_Samus__1_.html version.  Or did you post your more updated one somewhere else please?

>>-Really? Then i just forgot to edit some stuff. But i think i shouldn`t make beam-to-the-foot version of charge beam being guardable only when crouching because it can hit lying down target already and what if it hits at point-blank range?

Well, my "P2 can stand-guard Samus' crouching kicks..." is not a bug, just some casual observation from other MUGEN characters.  And you may just disregard my "...(and some aim-at-P2's-foot projectiles too)" :)

>> -I lack both sunburst bug and icon bug. Are you using mugen 1.1?

I am using MUGEN1.0.  I rarely use MUGEN1.1. 

>> -Wave Beam (thats the name) exists for too long, thats why. I will use different trigger for destroyself then.

Yeah!  Wave Beam!  This wave beam is from which Metroid game please?  Sorry my memory isn't that good because I am getting old....

>> -The only debug flood i have is after using Hyper Beam and just a debug error/notice when using Wave Beam throw.

Maybe thats because i have slightly different version of this beta (since im working on her)...but i didn`t had any of those bugs in alpha version and early beta version. I can`t fix bugs i don`t have. And she isn`t 1.0 size character, so, i had to use *const(size.somethingscale) to properly scale and pose helpers and explods.

I was not saying your use of *const(size.somethingscale) is wrong; I just wanted to let you know without using the ceil()/floor(), the "expression truncated to integer" MUGEN debug flood will take place (like in your above "Proof or whatever its called" YT video) because, most pos = x, y values accept integers only, so, for example, ceil(-66*const(size.xscale)) can help you get rid of the "expression truncated to integer" MUGEN debug flood.

Can't wait your next update!  :bye:

Then maybe its because of your MUGEN because im using 1.1 and it may have some differenses. Try using it. 

This Samus uses Wave Beam from Prime series, which doesn`t goes through walls (because there is NO walls in MUGEN), but is electric weapon.

Thanks for this tip/hint, i will try to use it.

Then wait for a bit - i only need to test ceil thing and add gunship hyper, like in Prime 3. And i already finished Morph Ball, bombs and Power Bomb hyper. It will be either today or tomorrow. I hope it will be today.

Another update: http://www.4shared.com/rar/ppgZJGydce/Samus.html

Whats new:

Fixed everything that Borewood2013 found with few exceptions;

Added Morph Ball mode;

Added Power Bomb hyper;

Added bomb jump technique;

Added Gunship Assault hyper.

Could someone write readme for her? And tell me how many frames should bomb remain before exploding to be like its Super Metroid version?

ANOTHER UPDATE: http://www.4shared.com/rar/CL31ltbTba/Samus__1_.html

What`s new:

New lv3 hyper - Concentration (Dark and Light ammo);

New beam types - Light and Annihilator (now i know how its called!) with their charged up versions being Sunburst (5 light ammo) and Sonic Boom (10 light, dark and missile ammo and 3000 power because of its sheer power);

Now uncharged dark beam deals less damage and requires dark ammo (1 for uncharged shot, 5 for Darkburst);

Fixed few bugs like being able to walk in midair (now she will fall if that ever happens);

Edited her AI - now she can defeat Ridley in most of their matches by either KO or Time Out;

Added simple movelist file.

What`s next? Well...maybe wall jump...or charge beam comboes things like super missile and wavebuster.

Don`t believe me that she can defeat Ridley? Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6jitDtlXP4

mugen___so__what_s_about_anthony__by_bag