Can't map palette 1.1 to 1

tehdevil

Question

Hi, I came across a problem after I switched on the debug, there is an warning message shown:

mugen000.png

I open up common1.cns file in data folder and saw this since state 5900 is the only one found in common1.cns file:

[State 5900, 3] ;Change palette
type = RemapPal
trigger1 = 1
source = 1,1
dest = 1,palno

I modify type = RemapRap to type = null and when I load up my character again, enabling the debug info, the error message is gone. I am not sure if I null this state, will there be any further error since this remappal is part of common1.cns 's code?

6 answers to this question

You don't want to do that.  Editing common1.cns is not a solution for your problem.

It's probably complaining because your SFF uses the wrong palette numbering.  You should use 1,1 for the main sprite palette, although I think 0,0 works too.  Actually, if the character palette functions properly (ie you can pick multiple palettes and get the one you want) then it really doesn't matter.

is that my shelly? or are you making her?

in anycase.

in the characters palette on the SFF.

it has to be

Group 1, Index 1 , For Pal 1

Group 1, Index 2 , For Pal 2

Group 1, Index 3 , For Pal 3

Group 1, Index 4 , For Pal 4

Group 1, Index 5 , For Pal 5

Group 1, Index 1 , For Pal 6

for the pals. if you do not have group 1, index 1, it usually gives that error.

I tried redoing so many times, that error message: Can't map palette 1.1 to 1 still occur and I swear I follow exactly every steps that you did, I have no idea why until I open up the def file and quote this:

[Palette Keymap]
x = 1 ;Press button X to select palette 1, etc.
;y = 2
;z = 3
;a = 4
;b = 5
;c = 6

the error message is gone, not sure if this is correct, Since I have got only one palette, I guess this makes sense but I didn't see you quote these in your 2nd video when you start to modify the def file :confuse: