SCP-173 - "The Sculpture" WIP

I'm creating 173 using KFM as a base.  He's supposed to be a boss character with hyper armor.  Right now, his attack consists of waiting for a while, then teleporting to the opponent to attack them.  I'm planning on causing the screen to go black when he attacks, very much like in Containment Breach.

This is the sprite he'll be using:

Posted Image

There's no shading to it, but that's mostly because I would like some criticism on improving the sprite before I add any shading.

the causing the screen to go black, sounds like a cheap move in the making?

That is how he is in the SCP containment breach. I don't see any other way of it being made differently... The sprite looks better then goldenyoshi's. Goldenyoshi's looked ugly.

Quick test video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYQPmLE0Ovc

SUGGESTION?

Maybe you should add blink gauge, you know... like how much time you have before you blink.

Oh god! The minute I blink the sculpture kills me! I think maybe the legs should look like the sculpture is standing sideways. It looks like his legs/waist area are standing like he is looking at the screen. This is just my opinion you don't need to listen to it if you don't want to.

At least your sculpture looks cooler than this abomination.

Posted Image

SUGGESTION?

Maybe you should add blink gauge, you know... like how much time you have before you blink.

Oh god! The minute I blink the sculpture kills me! I think maybe the legs should look like the sculpture is standing sideways. It looks like his legs/waist area are standing like he is looking at the screen. This is just my opinion you don't need to listen to it if you don't want to.

I was originally going to add a blink gauge, but I'm not too good with that stuff, so I won't add it.  At least, not yet.  Also, I'll change the legs, as long as I think it looks good.

After your done with him... attempt to make this one?

Posted Image

I've thought about making him after 173, and it's safe to say that I most likely will make him.

Attempted shading, criticism appreciated.

Posted Image

Oh yes! YES! that's the perfect stance man! maybe lower the sprite an inch or two, the sculptor looks like it's floating a little in the air (not meeting with the shadow).

Added Big Portrait:

Posted Image

Also, I'm wondering whether I should release him or not, because he seems complete to me.

Send the people who posted here a beta test, I'll test it for ya! But if you feel like its completed then release it.

Added Big Portrait:

Posted Image

Also, I'm wondering whether I should release him or not, because he seems complete to me.

I suggest maybe releasing SCP-173 as a beta release so that way more feedbackers can give you more options for your character. I think I gave you the best of my own feedback to SCP-173. You can always ask Alexei or Ryon for help too.

• 1 month later...