Slig from Oddworld

Pasctipac

Here is finally the Slig Character. He wasn't that much work, only a bit more than scrab but I think it's better.

Things who are bad about this character:

- weak

- jumping bug( a Slig can't jump, I wanted to delete the jump move but now he freezes for about 1 second if you push the jump button)

- no super(I tried to do a Helper(Slog) as super but I cand't do that yet)

- two attacks(He haves not more than 2 attacks but other funny stuff that you can try with the kick and taunt buttons)

- machine gun problem(A slig does have a machine gun, it should shoot several times but first, it would be unfair and second, I couldn't do that either xD)

- no foot step sound(A slig does in the original game have machine step sound if he walks, I could't do this sound)

Good things:

- Its a slig god damit xD

- better boxes

- exact animation

- not THAT pixelated anymore

- He can yell "wait" and other words like in the game

Screenshot:

Posted Image

Download:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/9q7npj

Here is finally the Slig Character. He wasn't that much work, only a bit more than scrab but I think it's better.

- weak

- jumping bug( a Slig can't jump, I wanted to delete the jump move but now he freezes for about 1 second if you push the jump button)

- no super(I tried to do a Helper(Slog) as super but I cand't do that yet)

- two attacks(He haves not more than 2 attacks but other funny stuff that you can try with the kick and taunt buttons)

- machine gun problem(A slig does have a machine gun, it should shoot several times but first, it would be unfair and second, I couldn't do that either xD)

-Put Attack in the CNS higher normal is Attack=100

-For the Jumping Bug you can go to the CMD and replace it with an unused attack button or combo.  Else rotate the char to make a jump motion. A slig cant jump but you can make him jump.

-Get creative and make some attack. I for my part would go and rotate the char with this

you can rotate so the legs would point to P2 and delete the machine gun while doing the move for a kick . Or you can make a spin attack alternating left and right looking. Else for hard and light.

Hard you make slower move. Or you make the order so that it use use a tackle. And more crazy you can make him spin on the head and just rotate the the legs so they look like the spread out.

-If you cant do a super, get and edit a char that has super which would fit you.

-machine gun : You go to projectile and copy the part with type=projectile and place them behind the prior several times and go to offset of each and  type a different number for x

you can also rotate the sprite with the gun so it point up diagonal and then play with the offset so it shoot diagonal up.

(I have some crazy chars here in MFFA which have no blocking and one attack not jumping in original (even the bosses have more moves) and there the rotatation program was not posted and make almost to 6 button chars, with jumping and specials by editing Kungfu Man).

But hey you do better than me^^

To whom your are referring to with that "who"?

Downloading it, hope it's better than last one.....

Tested it.

-Wait! WHAT!? You made it just now (maybe couple of days back) then why it has versiondate = 09,30,2009? Same as kfm. lol

-Your lose Animation is messed up.

-Is this what you meant to do or done by mistake? http://prntscr.com/14prn0 the X axis -1? Why?

-You still have this in your CMD.......

;===========================================================================;---------------------------------------------------------------------------;---------------------------------------------------------------------------;Triple Kung Fu Palm (uses one super bar);===========================================================================;This is not a move, but it sets up var(1) to be 1 if conditions are right;for a combo into a special move (used below).;Since a lot of special moves rely on the same conditions, this reduces;redundant logic.[State -1, Combo condition Reset]type = VarSettrigger1 = 1var(1) = 0[State -1, Combo condition Check]type = VarSettrigger1 = statetype != Atrigger1 = ctrltrigger2 = (stateno = [200,299]) || (stateno = [400,499])trigger2 = stateno != 440 ;Except for sweep kicktrigger2 = movecontacttrigger3 = stateno = 1310 || stateno = 1330 ;From blockingvar(1) = 1

-Why it can't Jump?

-hitsparks.....hitsparks..... Check them and i don't have to do any explanation job........

-Small Portrait and Large Portrait are messed up.

-Why do you have 8 unused palettes?

That's all....

I am dying to ask that how you align the sprites so good?

because he paid attention in my tutorial. I explained how to align sprites... GOOD.

also that Version Date is the date thats in KFM. I tell everyone to use KFM as a base. some just forget to change it.

that varset thats left in KFM is to reduce redundant logic. meaning he wont attack the same attack because he is already doing it, or something else.

It makes the AI smarter.. just a TINY bit, nothing impressive.