Toshio Wip topic

Toshio Tenma

nice . so she lands on her face now. the problem with fighting the mad gear gang is that you can't turn around fast enough the get the guys and gals coming up behind you. maybe a chun li style head stomp would help.

• 3 weeks later...

well nice update so far. the hug and kiss does seem like it could be a bit longer. maybe you could add some variety when she grabs them like she could either squeeze them (bear hug) or kiss the hell out of them then "dump" them. LOL!! the standing close attacks are pretty good. Take care!!

• 2 weeks later...

made a small vid of dot training against Brolihttp://youtu.be/cpBjZdH9xJc

she's coming along fine. you just need to make the kissing hug a bit longer because some characters will easily break out of the hold.

I believe making the kissing hug longer time will not change the P2's breaking out issue.  Of course longer time can let people see more clearly about the move.

Most likely P2 has some MUGEN code that can let it get out of Dot's custom get-hit state like the being-kissed-hug one (i.e. those Guilty Gear [burst] thingy, or some super armor/counter Helper).  Just make sure during Dot's kissing hug there is no single game tick that may let P2 not bind to Dot.

Correct me if I was wrong.......

no there are some hi ai characters that will easily break this hold because it's too short. they will either break out of it or deflect it. I was thinking in terms of Rogue's power drain kiss would be a good model for Dot.

Hi Toshio,

Thank you for letting me test your Dot WIP.

Something I found and I tried to do some changes for you (please check your PM for my uploaded file):

- her mid.pos = -2, -104 changed to = -2, -60, it was about her head.pos (I used the Training KFM to get her mid.pos)
- used RemoveExplod for the running bullet-trail horizontal line Explod ID = 8210 when she is out of her running Statedef 100
  still seeing the running bullet-trail horizontal line when she is doing run-jump looks a bit weird...of course just my little opinion, you

may ignore this of my change
- for her far standing strong kick, Statedef 221, I decreased its HitDef air.velocity = -2.5,-4 to air.velocity = -2.5,-7
  it is because I found when P2 is hit by Statedef 221 in air, since this strong kick's motion looks like it should have
  more impact on P2, like P2 could be sent up to the air higher......of course just my little opinion, you may ignore this of
  my change
- for her close standing strong kick, Statedef 222, I inversed its 2nd HitDef air.velocity = -2.5,-4 to air.velocity = -2.5,4
  it is because I found this state hits P2 twice, where the 1st hit looks like sending P2 up to the air, which is alright,
  yet, the 2nd hit looks like sending P2 down to the ground, so I inversed the y air.velocity from -4 to 4,
  in addition, I added a fall = ifelse(P2StateType = A, 1, 0) to ensure it happens only when P2 is in the air......of course just my little

opinion, you may ignore this of my change
- for her jumping light punch, Statedef 600, I inversed its 2nd HitDef air.velocity = air.velocity = 1,-6 to air.velocity = -1,-6
  it is because it might feel strange when her jumping light punch hits P2, P2 gets closer to her......of course just my little opinion,

you may ignore this of my change
  and, I found that her Statedef 600 has another HitDef triggered at AnimElem = 5?  but in her AIR Action 600 the 5th sprite is
  a jump sprite and it has no red CLSN box, so I just type = null;HitDef for that ineffective HitDef....
- for her jumping strong kick, Statedef 620, I added an airguard.velocity = -5 to its HitDef, it is because,
  without specifying a airguard.velocity, it is ground.velocity = -5 x 2 which is -10 by default, which seems to be too much....of

course just my little opinion, you may ignore this of my change
- your dot_cmd.txt has the taunt state 195 and your dot.cns also has StateDef 195 but your dot.air doesn't have Action 195, I

guess you are still working on her taunt sprite set right?
- about her Dash Kougeki, I know there are two (2) StateDefs for that move, I found you gave ctrl = 1 when she is leaving the 1st
  StateDef 700, then upon entering the 2nd StateDef 701 you also gave ctrl = 1, I am thinking...for human player and the A.I. CPU,
  both may skip the 2nd StateDef 701 because she has gotten a ctrl, is it your intention?  I didn't change anything for Dash

Kougeki
- her crouching strong kick looks so much like her standing strong kick that it gives me an illusion that I can block/guard it high
  yet in fact I must block/guard it low,......again it may be just me........I think it can serve as her tricky normal attack
- now her throw issue that Ryochi was talking about....I found you didn't use the usual TargetBind to have the thrown P2 bind to

her
  if you use this way I think you have to take care of one extra thing:
  => the P1 Action 810 red CLSN box needs to be big enough to cover up P2 custom get-thrown Action 820 blue CLSN box, or the

other way around which is, big enough P2 custom get-thrown Action 820 blue CLSN box for P1 Action 810 red CLSN box

iZZh2sD.png      

!!!! see the gap between P1 Action 810 red CLSN box and P2 custom get-thrown Action 820 blue CLSN box???
      * after I tried to make both red and blue CLSN boxes, it is harder for P2 to escape from Dot's kiss-throw

AH9ggi5.png
      furthermore, your P2 custom get-thrown state, Statedef 820, doesn't have a SelfState for a throw failure case,
      I added a SelfState to the Statedef 820:
      [state 820, 2]
      type = SelfState
      trigger1 = !gethitvar(isbound) && time >= 25
      value = 5050
      * with the backup SelfState, even when Dot for some reason misses P2 when in the middle of her kiss-throw, P2 will not
      be stuck in its custom get-thrown state forever

fbjwSfd.png

Can't wait to see/try your next Dot WIP update!

sorry just got back. storms. Borewood seems to have nailed the kiss problem. Yet was wondering what about kissing diffrenent sized characters?

like Sagat or someone taller. wouldn't there has to be custom state for different sized characters too?

sorry just got back. storms. Borewood seems to have nailed the kiss problem. Yet was wondering what about kissing diffrenent sized characters?

like Sagat or someone taller. wouldn't there has to be custom state for different sized characters too?

I'm not sure if is possible to change the throw, some characters have a odd animation yet

New video:

Update log:

a) Added weak attack close.

b) Added medium attack close.

c) Updated throw (special thanks to Werewood).

d) Updated intro.

e) Added intro against handsome men.

f) Added new win quotes.

Just some feedback on your Dot here, as of now:

-Walking jab of doom (Or in this case: Walking Med of doom)

pz6LmEq.png

-Crouching Med chains in of itself 8 times

G48POBb.png

-Her standing strong's (C or Z, since I can't remember the button layout) hitbox seems too long:

GhrT5AC.png

(And it's only regular strong)

-Her air normals (only med and strong) looks like they're just her standing normal, only she's "standing" in the air

rzZYW6U.png

-Her air Strong's hitbox is a bit too long:

9Qhy5wi.png

-So why is her throw around 2 hits?

qc1UITb.png

That's all I had, for now.

well I would like to test out the new updated dot as well.

I was wondering maybe it could be changed in the victom's hen they get grabbed since thier head position varies with diffrent sized characters. that way it won't look like Dot is "Kissing Air" with smaller characters or kissing the kneecaps and "odder places" on taller characters like Sagat.                                                                       

Seems like you're making good progress and with Borewood's help, she will turn outfine!!

take care!! I got lighting volts to avoid trying to get back to work LOL!!

well I would like to test out the new updated dot as well.

I was wondering maybe it could be changed in the victom's hen they get grabbed since thier head position varies with diffrent sized characters. that way it won't look like Dot is "Kissing Air" with smaller characters or kissing the kneecaps and "odder places" on taller characters like Sagat.                                                                       

Seems like you're making good progress and with Borewood's help, she will turn outfine!!

take care!! I got lighting volts to avoid trying to get back to work LOL!!

Don't forget to mention Tenryuu!  He can spot what I miss.  I just got Toshio's newer update so I will try to spend some time on Dot's kiss throw again later soon.

I'll send the new version when I get the time, meanwhile:

DabUo2U.png

Update 07/02/14:

a) Updated weak attack (stand).

b) Updated medium attack (stand).

c) Added taunt.

d) Updated special intro against handsome male characters.

e) Updated intro.

@ Tenryuu:

I haven't noticed the infinites before, but I believe it's solved now.

But, if they're still there, then let me know.

The sprites which you mentioned are rushed up, but I'll revamp them with time.

The air strong hitbox is big, because I was afraid that would miss smaller characters, but if you're able to hit them, I'll fix it.

Nice Dot WIP 11 here!

I would like to see the list of "handsome male characters" you mentioned :heeee:

The Dot WIP file you sent to me the last time was that of the latest version (i.e. dot.sff modify date = 2014-07-02 22:34)?

By the way, no SFII car bonus beating up in your YouTube video.......no fun........ 098eb4a5.gif

Ok my 2nd fix attempt for Dot's throw:

- see some MUGEN screen shots (after my 2nd throw fix attempt):
ObnkAke.png

As you see from the above MUGEN screen shot, some shows proper throw positions while some shows improper ones.  It is because some P2's have wrong head.pos and mid.pos values:

- see some MUGEN screen shots of some P2's head.pos and mid.pos values:
91ykVVj.pnglvWA868.png
ARFF1wi.png8fftGbF.pngV5VmVGy.png
fD2VO3V.png tEprnLM.png5y8iA31.pngrtv2g4R.pngTnVoyC7.png
zKH14Jc.pngMGy7Skd.png
Nrxnarb.pngnOEX3Nv.pngtWHx9Vw.pngpmnLQD6.png

Seeing some P2's have wrong head.pos (the most) and mid.pos (the least) values, the original PosAdd in Dot's [stateDef 810] was using target,const(size.head.pos.y), afterwards I changed it to using target,const(size.mid.pos.y).  Also I added x = target,const(size.ground.front) to try to make Dot position herself closer to the being-kissed P2.  Moreover, since the kiss is actually a HitDef that makes P2 ChangeAnim2 to a custom Action 820 which uses required sprite 5000,10 and since not P2's required sprite 5000,10 looks the same plus some P2's are shorter than Dot.  As a result, it is not easy to make her kiss-throw perfect.............perhaps someone with better MUGEN authoring skill might want to give a helping hand.....

Toshio so please check your PM, I just sent to my Dot-Warner_throw_fix_attempt_2014-07-11.zip to you.