CAPCOM VS SNK W 2.4 EVE-STYLE?

Drakenstorms

Question

I've been asking lots and lots and many people seems to ignore my request for no reason but anyways I will make a request here I want to know if someone can help me to program it by making it funtional here is the problem

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_amANLxv1Lc

I want to know if i can make the selector icon can be stand still without moviing left or right ( I want it to move up and down only) help please?

25 answers to this question

What a mess of files

1) open cvsw-system.def in the folder called DEF

2) Change the "Character select definition" block to what i have changed

;Character select definition [select Info] fadein.time = 30 fadeout.time = 30 rows = 20 columns = 100 wrapping = 1     pos = 256,17   showemptyboxes = 0     moveoveremptyboxes = 0    cell.size = 0,26     cell.spacing = 0   cell.random.switchtime = 4

Now it moves up & down but not left & right

(I have tested this with a ten characters per column and columns = 10, and enough for the 20 rows)

Worked perfectly

If your capcom section has 100 characters and the next section only has 20 characters, then make sure you have 80 randomselect lines listed in the select.def before you start another section

or otherwise you won't be able to move down, as past 20 capcom characters there will be nothing to move down to

i personally know nothing about how to fix this, but if there is one ting i know about the people Here, Your Request will NOT be ignored & im sure at some point later in the day, some of our more"knowledgeable members will be more than glad to try &  help u fix this issue if it all possible 

Sorry about that.

I didnt download the file BUT, what i believe is in the system.def FOR the screenpack.

look for this code...

;------------------------------------------------------------------- ;Character select definition [select Info] fadein.time = 10 fadeout.time = 10 rows = 8 columns = 11 wrapping = 0   ;1 to let cursor wrap around pos = 10,19   ;Position to draw to showemptyboxes = 0   ;1 to show empty boxes moveoveremptyboxes = 0   ;1 to allow cursor to move over empty boxes cell.size = 50,50   ;x,y size of each cell (in pixels) cell.spacing = 7 ;Space between each cell cell.bg.anim = 151 cell.random.spr = 151,0 ;Icon for random select (don't use animation) cell.random.switchtime = 4;Time to wait before changing to another random portrait

ALL OF YOUR VALUES WILL BE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FROM THE ABOVE ONES.

Change the value in red, to be 0.

;------------------------------------------------------------------- ;Character select definition [select Info] fadein.time = 10 fadeout.time = 10 rows = 8 columns = 11 wrapping = 0   ;1 to let cursor wrap around pos = 10,19   ;Position to draw to showemptyboxes = 0   ;1 to show empty boxes moveoveremptyboxes = 0   ;1 to allow cursor to move over empty boxes cell.size = 0,0 ;x,y size of each cell (in pixels) cell.spacing = 0   ;Space between each cell cell.bg.anim = 151 cell.random.spr = 151,0 ;Icon for random select (don't use animation) cell.random.switchtime = 4;Time to wait before changing to another random portrait

That will technically place all of the players boxes on top of each other, thus preventing your cursor from moving off to the side.

ALSO, cell.size = x,y

I may be wrong and i think the Y value, can be left alone, but change X to 0.