Vanguard Princess Hioh Kaede WIP

Okami

Should I have those extra helpers?  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, since not all Vanguard Princess characters are made, and hence there are not that much them released.. and Hioh Kaede is my favourite character to use, I wanted to make her! For now, I'll have to do her attacks first, AND I will add helpers (the 4-5 girls) depending on the poll results.

Screenshot:

Posted Image

Video:

Eh - the velocities has been fixed for the running/walking/jumping/dashing, its now more fluid than this video (I fixed it). I will need to start the required sprites first =x="

Man! I love Vanguard Princess Characters!! I LOVE YOU Luna Himeki!! :goodmood:

Oh and umm, i like characters there are faithful to their original game, well, that's my personal opinion.

Oh trust me, I do go for accuracy, ^^

considering these things 1. its vector 2. all of his stuff is awesome I have no doubt this will be done in a week tops and play near full accurate to how she did in game.

personally i think helpers are not that important, wouldn´t care if they are there or not, KoF fighters characters don´t have helpers on their conversions and i find them more loyal to the source. perhaps because i find them less cheap by not letting their user depend on their assists

Hmm thats good to know, here is an update of Hioh Kaede. I fixed all her sprite alignments, added a special anim for the intense spin "attack" which I'm going to code. - targetstate and Kaede's own. Personal intro with adjustable palette colours (near the end of video). Included one attack so far, lose, win, hitsound, block fx, hit fx, gethit sounds. I'm going to code most of her attacks when later on, well now enjoy this video ^^ Also, the velocity of Kaede should be like the one in game. Video:

INFO: There might be fps in my video so the video may be laggy at some points.

*UPDATE* Kaede now has 5 attacks. More fx on her dash, sounds, hitsparks/guard sparks. The c attack makes you go into a special state like in the actual game. One for game characters who doesn't have this required animation, and one for who does. Her combo system should be the same like VP, and I was pretty darn wasting my whole time trying to align the stupid fx right >_>

PhantomBlood: Those sprites are annoying indeed D=, but you got to do what you go to do =P, work on it.

More Progress, now she has all the normals, including the forward (kick) -> Which I think I included. She has her crouching attacks (3) done and (3) air with one air special as shown. More will be done later on :) Thanks for watching ^^ Update 5 -

UPDATE

More attacks has been done, her claw special and her combo special. Also her slash special. Planning to finish her wall special, 3 counters, and grab later on. Supers will be done too, if I have the time =P. I might also release an alpha.. if I should ._.