Flappy Bird by Dong Nguyen & MabsKMK.

JokerintheButt

Flappy Bird was a game that got way more success and attention than it deserved. After that countless clones of it, each one more worse than the previous, were made.

Heck it even became somewhat of a meme I think but whether it actually did or not, FB should stop appearing in any kind of media. Imo just let it rest already internet.

Still I might download this. Not to keep it but to try it for chips and skittles.

Flappy Bird was a game that got way more success and attention than it deserved. After that countless clones of it, each one more worse than the previous, were made.

Heck it even became somewhat of a meme I think but whether it actually did or not, FB should stop appearing in any kind of media. Imo just let it rest already internet.

Still I might download this. Not to keep it but to try it for chips and skittles.

Flappy bird was a terrible game but it was easy to jump into so hundreds of thousands of people who really aren't into any sort of games jumped in and it became a bandwagon. It's a game that shows why the mobile game market cant be taken seriously. However, I predict this to be a great novelty character.

Also, Chips and skittles doesnt sound at all like a nice mix

Flappy bird was a terrible game but it was easy to jump into so hundreds of thousands of people who really aren't into any sort of games jumped in and it became a bandwagon. It's a game that shows why the mobile game market cant be taken seriously. However, I predict this to be a great novelty character.

Also, Chips and skittles doesnt sound at all like a nice mix

Why does FB proves the mobile market can't be taken seriously? We have MMV remember? They release some of the worst characters on the whole community, have no notion of the meaning of quality, defend the worst with the worst arguments and their releases are actually very popular because they do the "unsung" characters, and as such, racing to be the first to release some characters makes them the only versions of those characters for month/years, meaning that people will download their version a lot, feeding their "vanguard" ego. Do they make the whole Mugen community not be taken seriously? Obviously not, they are just a example of abuse of a system, like in every other market/community. Search for Kickstarter Nonstarters on youtube to know what I mean by abuse.

And to be honest, I've entered indie development for some time, and Flappy Bird is not only a very competent and well made game, it holds a book worth of game design lessons that are actually worth learning and are considered basic to game development and design. It's not because it's simple or not your style that it's shit, and you need to learn to not hate things because it's "cool to hate". You are a part of a bandwagon just like the people who downloaded the game on mass.

So please, hate is as much of a trend as the trend itself, growing above it is the edgy thing to do.

Sidenote: So sad skittle are not very common in my province. I've eaten them just once.

If anything, the game proved how very simplistic games, such as Pong, can still be extremely popular. I still hate it, though... Another Flappy Bird sounds very nice, though.