How to collaborate on a MUGEN project?

GeorgeMP

Question

I've seen many projects around the community that were made by multiple people in a collaborative effort, and I'm planning on bringing on other developers to work on mine, after struggling to keep a good pace on development. However, the thing is, I'm a fuckin idiot I have no idea how to actually set everything up so that the developers can work together on stuff like sprites, code, and other things, and Google got me nowhere.

Care to answer?

1 answer to this question

One thing that'd probably be useful for this is cloud based file storage software such as Dropbox or OneDrive. This way you can share folders with other collaborators and they can have the files readily available on their computer. When they save, it will upload the new version typically. This raises the issue of multiple people having the same file open in Fighter Factory at the same time, however, so you would probably want to take measures to avoid that such as everyone deciding which piece they are going to work on and sticking to that part independently. For example, spriter A works on some character sprites and spriter B works on some stage sprites and then they both upload them to a sprites folder on Dropbox. Then, coder A can take one of the stages spriter B worked on, coder B can take another stage spriter B worked on, and coder C can work on the character that spriter A put the sprites together for. All of the finished work goes back into the Dropbox and depending how you have it set up, everyone can have the same version of Mugen at their fingertips.