Left 4 Dead or Dead Island? Which is better?

Thunderstudent

Okay in my honest oppinion, both games look great, but currently I have L4D2 and am waiting for Cold Stream to come out on the 360. But I'm wondering if Dead Island as good or better then the L4D games. Which is the better game, graphicly, game play wise, price wise, in terms of difficulty, scares DLC wise and overall?

L4D is an older game, so one might expect in terms of gameplay, size (as in playable area) and stuff of Dead Island might be bigger. Also there's something called "horror concept" or something of that effect. There are different kinds of horror. There is the psychological horror, like Silent Hill; there are the visual horror, like Resident Evil (specially the most recent ones); the zombie-horde like Dead Rising and so on. All I know is everyone I know who played L4D loved it, it's a real survivor horror. And many people just LOVE Dead Space even more. But never heard any hands-on about Dead Island but the trailers and concepts looks like pretty sweet

• 2 weeks later...

i like dead island a lot more than left 4 dead cuz it's a better experience alone and or playing with people online, where l4d only shines by forcing the multiplayer from jump.it's either go online , or play with the a.i. that might have your back... dead island was tailored for both a unit and lone wolf types, so it will definitely last a lil longer. but i do love the rush that you get on left for dead when everybody an their mama coming pooring out of nowhere during the horde attacks. than i go straight bananas lettting out my inner maniac to survive lol!! l4d is not a bad game , dead island just does it a lil better and is a way more meatier game . it reminds me a lil of fallout, which i am a fan of btw.....

wow when you put it like that. I'd have to say Dead Island is better. but honestly, i just love the zombie video games regardless so its alright with me. i did enjoy playing l4d online. except that one time with my buddy edward... level started he was half way out the door, didnt wait for me LOL

hahahahaha yeah kinda late on the laugh lol. but yeah i'm a big zombie buff myself. anything with a rotting corpses i'm all over it!! i had to start my game over cuz when i got my box rgh'd (reset glitch hack) and all my saves GONE!!!!!! but i'll have fun going through this game again. when you get to the second area where it is raining, shit get real, REAL FAST!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...