FFV Zombie Dragon

Noctis

Interesting...using the Demon's Crest Zombie Dragon for Zombone from FFV? I think I'm going to have to try this thing out, then, and considering your Metal Rear character, I'm sure this will be really good!

EDIT: Not sure if you want to see this, but if you kill it while it's using Poison Breath or Shadow Flare, this happens sometimes:

Spoiler

293405774e.png

9 hours ago, A person said:

Interesting...using the Demon's Crest Zombie Dragon for Zombone from FFV? I think I'm going to have to try this thing out, then, and considering your Metal Rear character, I'm sure this will be really good!

EDIT: Not sure if you want to see this, but if you kill it while it's using Poison Breath or Shadow Flare, this happens sometimes:

Hide contents

293405774e.png

Oh, no I WANT this feedback. This happening during Poison Breath I'd understand because I use an explod, but Shadow Flare? They use the same helper so it playing both really boggles me there. I'll check this out, thanks! Also, how'd you kill it through it's head when the hp bar is still full? ALSO interesting. Looking into that, too.

1 hour ago, Noctis said:

Oh, no I WANT this feedback. This happening during Poison Breath I'd understand because I use an explod, but Shadow Flare? They use the same helper so it playing both really boggles me there. I'll check this out, thanks! Also, how'd you kill it through it's head when the hp bar is still full? ALSO interesting. Looking into that, too.

I did deplete the head's HP bar fully, but sometimes if you kill it through the head, the HP will refill for some reason.

53 minutes ago, A person said:

I did deplete the head's HP bar fully, but sometimes if you kill it through the head, the HP will refill for some reason.

I tried looking into that but I couldn't find any error. Maybe it's a glitch in the timing between him changing to his death states and the HP bar helper reading vars before he dies and changes to his death state. Not sure what to do about that... Or if that's even the problem. I'm just really confused and can't duplicate the problem, but it definitely happened so I'll keep checking.

Also, updated with a fix to the other problem. Not much of a reason to redownload, but whatevs. Still updated.

Thanks for the feedback!

34 minutes ago, Noctis said:

I tried looking into that but I couldn't find any error. Maybe it's a glitch in the timing between him changing to his death states and the HP bar helper reading vars before he dies and changes to his death state. Not sure what to do about that... Or if that's even the problem. I'm just really confused and can't duplicate the problem, but it definitely happened so I'll keep checking.

Also, updated with a fix to the other problem. Not much of a reason to redownload, but whatevs. Still updated.

Thanks for the feedback!

No problem, I'll let you know if I run into anymore issues!

EDIT: It happened again, this time with Shadow Flare:

Spoiler

7374d540d9.png

Maybe it has something to do with Fygar, but I'll see if it happens with other characters as well.

EDIT 2: Now it's happening randomly!

Spoiler

2eaa8e9a3b.png

EDIT 3: And I finally caught this issue that occurs with inflicting the Toad status:

Spoiler

8594a27899.png

The infinite changestate I got, too but I couldn't figure out where it was. There's no infinite loop so I'm at a lost what to do for that one. I'll need to watch it more closely for it's previous state. As for the double heads. Dafuq is goin' on there? I literally updated it to work better. AND SHADOW FLARE USES THE SAME STATE AS THE BEHEADED STATE SO THE ANIM...?! That's literally impossible. I'm...very confused. I'll look into all of this, thanks a bunch.

Okay. Updated again with what I hope is finally a fix for this double head glitch shit caused by god knows what. Nothing was changed gameplay was very much, so it's not a necessary download, but whatevs.

What I did notice in that Shadow Flare image is that is the head helper use during Poison Breath's animation so Shadow Flare isn't broken, it's all the Poison Breath shit. Which should now be solidly fixed. Same with the infinite changestate.

Couldn't replicate the health bar issue, though. It doesn't even make sense though because I have it set to read a completely different set of explods when that var is less than or equal to 0 so it might be the character being used against Zombone.

Well, it was in a previous version, but it doesn't look like there's any issues in this version that are blatantly obvious as the AI doesn't stop using Poison Breath after its head gets hit once and it doesn't use Bewitching Gaze once and then it's done. The infinite ChangeState has shown no signs of even being there, or at least there are no issues that cause Mugen to crash. As far as balancing, however, I'd probably increase the range of Shadow Flare if I were you as, on a normal stage, it cannot reach characters far away from the dragon's back, only characters close to the dragon.

EDIT: Also, on that issue, the AI seems reluctant to use Bewitching Gaze despite me being in front of it. I've only had a few occasions where it did use it willingly, but otherwise it's a very rare occurrence. It's more prone to using Shadow Flare than Bewitching Gaze.

EDIT 2: On a second note, this is all being done in 1.1, so I don't know if there is any difference in the 1.0 version.

EDIT 3: I also found this little red hitbox that shows up after any status effect occurs to an enemy. So far, I've seen it occur with Disable, and it stays there:

Spoiler

0c5d253fd0.png

I've confirmed it also happens with Silence, but not Toad or Doom. It also occurs after Poison Breath lands, doesn't matter whether or not Poison is inflicted. I think these might be little issues, though, so it shouldn't be something that you have to worry about. I should also note, either on a rare occurrence or when certain conditions are met, a debug flood will occur where it seeks out P2's position after P2 is defeated in a 1v1. I've seen it happen twice, but unfortunately I haven't been able to grab screenshots of it yet.

I've had debug where it searches for P2's position, too, but I don't know why. I have nothing searching for it's position. Unless it's a helper not being destroyed after the round is over. Also, that hitbox is intentional. It's taking advantage of a glitch that allows the status effects to even work at all. So for now the only problem is the weird debug and the range of shadow flare. And he rarely uses Bewitching Gaze because it's pretty OP, but I'll increase it's chances. The reason why it happens as often as it does is because it's on a randomizer. Even if the conditions for it are perfect, he won't use it unless the randomizer is where it needs to be for it to trigger. This way he isn't spamming attacks nonstop.

Thanks for the feedback!