[Wii] Fragile ~ Farewell Ruins of the Moon ~

Ultiɱℯciɑ

It's a game that I'd classify as a survivor-horror-RPG. Kinda like Koudelka: it got many RPG elements such as level up, shops, and many survivor horror stuff as the ambient, being all alone and freaky monsters. The game happens in a distant future and follows Seto, a young boy who lived with an old man at a lighthouse and there was only the two of them. One summer, the old died and Seto was all alone in the world. Something happened, and he might as well be the last person alive. But the old man left a letter telling him to reach a red tower in the south, and there might have someone alive. On his way out of the lighthouse he see a girl, who got scared of him and ran. Seto decides to search for the girl too along the way. The world is filled with creatures called Malicious Thought Entities and they are invisible to the naked eye. But they are fragile to light, so all Seto got to do is to point his flashlight to make them visible and weak enough to be susceptible to regular weapons. But weapons break with use and you got a limited inventory so you got to plan carefully what to take, to keep and so on. There's a level up system and you can save your progress at the bonfires, which also replenishes your health and is a safe spot to Seto manage his items and buy stuff from a strange seller. The controls are simple enough, the only thing they use from the motion capture is the ability of using the remote as flashlight. The graphics are at the same time colorful and got many variety, using an anime style but at the same time everything is dark and there's this huge sense of decay and solitude. Music is almost non-existent, and Seto's English voice actor is our favorite Johnny Yong Bosch (you can pick between the English or Japanese voices if you like)

I downloaded the japanese version of this game and played it for a bit. Its a bit scary i must say but in a cute way.. but i didnt get that far. the silence and darkness scared me away from it. i've been meaning to play thru it.

• 3 weeks later...

I beat this, though I only enjoyed it halfway. The part where you had to navigate the sewers made me stop playing for a while, the tedium of the poor gameplay mechanics got to me. I liked the story and reading/listening to the memories people left behind so I made myself play to see the ending. I had never been so disappointed at the conclusion of a story, that is until I beat TOP: DONW. I didn't even check out the bonuses in the special features I unlocked after beating it. The end just blew my interest in the game that badly.

This game don't have a happy ending, that's all. And I think a happy and upbeat ending wouldn't fit this one. This game is beautiful but downright depressing.

After beating the big bad he lives a while with the girl, and she eventually dies leaving him all alone again

ToS:DotNW got 3 endings: bad (suicide!), good and perfect (when Lloyd don't steals any other core other than Lumies'), and the perfect part appears only after the credits.

The ending I saw for this BOTH of them "died". They were both ghosts to begin with so they just passed on. That and the game being depressing didn't bother me. It was the fact that the big bad guy did all of that because he didn't feel loved. He realizes at the end that the ghost girl that was following you loved him he dropped his plans and ambitions. THAT is what blew me, that stereotypical BS. As for ToS:DotNW I got the good ending, my issue with that story is that I find it stupid. Also I hated Marta.