Character Roster predictions for SSB (NS port)

Galvatron

1 minute ago, Captain Papyrus said:

If Lilac gets in, she should get two sets of costumes: Her FP1 attire and her FP2 attire, kinda like how Cloud got his FF7 attire and his Advent Children attire.

Yeah that be cool!

Personally I can think of a good bunch of characters with alt costumes

Mario -> 'Mario Maker' Attire

Luigi -> ' Mr. L'

Peach -> Sports wear

Bowser -> Dry Bowser

Zelda -> Hyrule Warrior attire

Ganondorf -> Hyrule Warrior Attire

King Dedede -> wearing that Mask

Shantae -> Her Pirate Gear

30 minutes ago, Galvatron said:

Yeah that be cool!

Personally I can think of a good bunch of characters with alt costumes

Mario -> 'Mario Maker' Attire

Luigi -> ' Mr. L'

Peach -> Sports wear

Bowser -> Dry Bowser

Zelda -> Hyrule Warrior attire

Ganondorf -> Hyrule Warrior Attire

King Dedede -> wearing that Mask

Shantae -> Her Pirate Gear

Mario -> Maker Mario could easily work

Luigi -> to be honest, Mr. L  is a Paper Luigi thing, and according to Smash Bros, the Paper versions are actually seperate characters

Peach -> Down Smash wouldn't work that way

Bowser -> Dry Bowser could easily work

Zelda & Ganondorf -> Zelda and Ganondorf in HW are different characters than Zelda and Ganondorf in TP or in OoT, so that wont work

King Dedede -> Masked Dedede sounds more like a Final Smash to me

Shantae -> not bad...except I highly doubt that Shantae will be playable in the first place

11 minutes ago, Captain Papyrus said:

Luigi -> to be honest, Mr. L  is a Paper Luigi thing, and according to Smash Bros, the Paper versions are actually seperate characters

True... :-P

Peach -> Down Smash wouldn't work that way

Unless the style of the down-smash can change  (like a round-house kick)

Zelda & Ganondorf -> Zelda and Ganondorf in HW are different characters than Zelda and Ganondorf in TP or in OoT, so that wont work

I Still think it will work out for them. It just be a costume change. 

King Dedede -> Masked Dedede sounds more like a Final Smash to me

At least he can keep the Mask On.

Shantae -> not bad...except I highly doubt that Shantae will be playable in the first place

Of course, but hey you never know. :-)

Yeah,,

I think the first pic is more acceptable except I prefer Linkle then tinkle. Chorus Kids should be a new assist character. :-P

The only thing that bothers me with these prediction I notice there is no love for Paula  from Earthbound:

Spoiler

earthbound__paula__s_pk_freeze_by_tigerf

maxresdefault.jpg

Don't get me wrong I know she could be a semi-clone to Ness but she could do some moves opposite to what Ness does also using a Frying pan instead of a bat. She can also have a color pallete like Lip from Panel de pon she be perfect for it.

Actually, Paula could take up Ness' old moveset (with PK Flash reskinned into PK Freeze), so Ness' moveset can be changed to reflect the abilities he can actually get (PK Teleport could work when Sakurai-fied).

Now the question is: How close to the original figurine would Paula's 3D model look like?

8 minutes ago, Captain Papyrus said:

Now the question is: How close to the original figurine would Paula's 3D model look like?

Hmm. that a good question......

ssbm13.jpg

Paula_SSBTT_zpskgnbr8zb.png

.....However im surprise she wasn't relevant to be a character since Melee considered she the one taught Ness PK thunder and PK fire if you played the game.

Just now, Captain Papyrus said:

Please don't link to Kotaku ever again.

Not a big deal anyways, it just some folks considering that possibility. Personally I don't think Sakurai would quit directing the series however he could be taking a long break from it (about a good year & 1/2) until the New Nintendo console comes around. :-P

Anyways here is another predictive roster some one made from Deviantart:

Spoiler

my_ssb5_fan_made_roster_by_supermario643

...this is somewhat relevant but I dont get why some people want Chorus Kids as a character? I can see them as a Assist trophy but not a Normal fighter.

Well, a Rhythm Heaven character was planned to be playable in Smash 4, and Chorus Kid seems to be the most popular choice.

Also, gotta love how this roster also adds new clones, but I can also see flaws on this prediction:

*Krystal is ret-conned thanks to Starfox Zero, and Smash cannot make someone playable who doesn't even exist

*Snake and Bomberman belong to Konami, and they will only be half-way of a possiblity if the situation regarding Konami stops being to toxic, which wont be so soon

*Banjo-Kazooie is a Microsoft character, and while Phil Spencer was okay with them being in Smash 4, it's unknown if he will be okay with them being in Smash 5

*Ridley is too big

*Lana is not canon and technically a creation by Koei-Tecmo, so Lana is actually on the same area like Geno

*It's missing Sakurai's Original Character Donut Steal called Dark Pit

*Captain Toad cannot jump due to his backpack, and regular Toad is already Peach's Neutral Special

*Sakurai hates Waluigi

*no character representing what could be future franchises (placeholder spots for them would have been enough)

1 hour ago, Captain Papyrus said:

Well, a Rhythm Heaven character was planned to be playable in Smash 4, and Chorus Kid seems to be the most popular choice.

I see... guess I need to play the game to understand. :-P

*Snake and Bomberman belong to Konami, and they will only be half-way of a possiblity if the situation regarding Konami stops being to toxic, which wont be so soon

I thought bomberman belong to another company.......

*Lana is not canon and technically a creation by Koei-Tecmo, so Lana is actually on the same area like Geno

True..... but I think Nintendo Co. being more co-op with them with the Hyrule Warrior series (which I think is going to be another one coming for the NX) its possible.

However I think if any Koei-Tecmo character be in smash then i say it has to be Ryu Hayabusa (from Ninja Gaiden) since his origin started from a video game that was release in the NES/Famicon system.

ssb4_countdown__86_days_left__ryu_hayabu

..Unless Nintendo can get Koei-Techmo games Like 'Dead or Alive series' on their next console then he does have a chance to get in the new roster since Konami is having troubles and all.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/7/2016 at 5:29 AM, Captain Papyrus said:

BTW, Masahiro Sakurai is already working on a new project, and nobody knows what it is:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/comments/3zsmat/what_could_sakurais_new_game_be_nintendo/

But no matter what it could be, expect that game to be represented in the next Smash game somehow.

You know you could be on to something:

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2016/01/28/nintendo-nx-smash-bros-launch-rumor/

...theirs recently been rumors that one of the games that be Launch with the NX could be another Smash bro. and its a possibility that it could be ported from the Wii-U/3DS as Ryon has said from his last post. Sounds cool. :goodmood:

Why Robert and not, you know, Ryo, the main character of Art of Fighting?

Whenever you do predictions, you first need to tell yourself: How likely would that happen?

And I can tell you that a second banana never gets in before the head honcho. At least not in Super Smash Bros games.

31 minutes ago, NijikakuFan61 said:

My own prediction: Robert Garcia (Art of Fighting ver.)

LOL! XD

Well that be something if its possible but if SNK/Playmore co. can get back to being popular again then I can see Kyo or terry bogard joining.

Then I see what you trying implying considering when Mario does his final smash animation it does look like he is doing Ryo's super move.

28 minutes ago, Captain Papyrus said:

Why Robert and not, you know, Ryo, the main character of Art of Fighting?

Whenever you do predictions, you first need to tell yourself: How likely would that happen?

And I can tell you that a second banana never gets in before the head honcho. At least not in Super Smash Bros games.

Welp, then add Ryo to my predictions as well.

16 minutes ago, Galvatron said:

LOL! XD

Well that be something if its possible but if SNK/Playmore co. can get back to being popular again then I can see Kyo or terry bogard joining.

Then I see what you trying implying considering when Mario does his final smash animation it does look like he is doing Ryo's super move.

If my memory serves correctly, Art of Fighting 2 WAS on the SNES.

That, AND one of the Art of Fighting games was featured on the Wii Virtual Console.

That's not how it works.

Only one guest character per franchise. Hence why we have Sonic and Bayonetta instead of two Sonic characters.

But seriously, the one SNK character with the highest chances of becoming a Smasher is Terry Bogard, since that is a SNK game as retro and memorable as Street Fighter.

Marco from Metal Slug could possibly work as well, although I'm not sure how many attacks of his cannot be used for his moveset due to "no realistic guns allowed" (Bayonetta's guns are not realistic).

1 minute ago, Captain Papyrus said:

Marco from Metal Slug could possibly work as well, although I'm not sure how many attacks of his cannot be used for his moveset due to "no realistic guns allowed" (Bayonetta's guns are not realistic).

He'd probably need to be toned down. Kinda like Snake in Brawl.

Personally I like to see Tetra/Toon Zelda in the roster considering she can do the transformation like OoT & TP Zelda from Melee and Brawl.  And we have the Pirate ship stage from 'Wind Waker' so I can see her being a new addition.

Spoiler

tetra_sails_even_further_in__by_phineas8

• 4 months later...

As usual we're gonna get the same crap like in the previous games. The current main roster but in the style of the new sequel titles from the new system. More stupid clone characters like StarWolf/Roy. And maybe 3-4 new characters only that no one has ever heard of. And a few of the last game's new characters.