Character Roster predictions for SSB (NS port)

Galvatron

Since SSB4 (WiiU/3DS) roster officially is done I see their are some people on the net (like in DeviantArt) are already coming up predictions on the NS port.

So for this topic come up with predictions on the next character roster for SSB NS. (Credit to Captain Papyrus  from a post he made.)

Note:

1.You can base this on the last roster from SSB WiiU/3DS

2. Just like the Ballot Only use characters that originated from Video Games  [Not from anime or Anime Spin-off video games as well as not from tv cartoon series and not base from any movie series]

3. Third-party characters must be based from the characters that was sponsored from the last roster [Sega , Capcom, Namco/Bandai, Square-Enix]

4. Other third-party characters can be included but only well known ones (example: Shantae, bomberman, banjo kazooie, Snake, etc)

Alright so here is my prediction on the next roster:

From the Mario series:

Mario (of course)

Dr.Mario

Luigi (obvious)

Peach (she one of the main girls)

Yoshi ( you know this dinosaur is here to stay)

Rosalina (she more popular then Daisy so i believe she not going no where)

Bowser (Mario main villain) 

Bowser Jr. and the koopalings (consider them as the secondary villains for the Mario characters, plus they appeared in alot of recent Mario games.)

Wario (arch rival to Mario, plus he is a unique character on his own)

+ Waluigi (At this point their is no excuse for him to be in the roster in mind opinion. he was an assist trophy in Brawl and SSB4, plus Wario needs a partner in this game like in the Party/sport games)

+ Ashley (If not Waluigi then she can be included since she is a Mii costume in SSB4. I believe she can be an regular character in the next installment [If the Warioware series don't fade out] )

+/- Daisy (thanks to Rosalina Daisy's chances are still slim to be in the next roster, however by a miracle if she is brought in the spotlight in one of the regular Mario platform game series for the NS she might have a spot in the roster)

DK series:

Donkey Kong (Veteran)

Diddy Kong ( DK's known partner he has to stay)

+ Dixie Kong ( even though she been cut again but I believe she could jump in this since she made a appearance in the last DK game on the WiiU)

+ K.Rool ( he was a must in the ballot and to add another villain to the roster)

+/- Lord Frederick the Walrus (Yes I know what yall thinking, but lets keep it real time hear, if K.Rool dosn't come back around in the next DK game at least a villain from the recent DK games can jump in)

Legend of Zelda series:

Link (Veteran)

Zelda (another main girl in the roster)

Sheik (since she is a character on her own I hope some her move can be based from Hyrule warriors.)

Ganondorf (another Main villain to be kept in.)

Toon Link ( this guy is more likely to stay since the game was remastered, plus his appearance in Hyrule warriors)

+ Linkle (Ever since she was announced she cause quite the buzz on the net plus making her a new addition to the LoZ roster)

+ Tetra/Toon Zelda ( I think its about time for another character from the Toon series to be with Toon Link)

Metroid series:

Samus (veteran)

Zero-suit Samus (being a character on her own now. she can be good character to keep)

+ Dark Samus (only villain from the Metroid series that won't be a hazard and base from the assist trophy she can use different weapons and moves then the original Samus)

Kid icarus series:

Pit ( he is one of Nintendo iconic characters so he must stick around)

Palutena ( what would pit do with out her LOL! XD)

Dark Pit ( doe he is similar with different final smash to Pit.)

+ Virdi ( she appeared in Pit's Guidance intro's and also has a Mii costume, so her being a character in the next roster is very possible)

+ Phosphora ( she an assist trophy in SSB4. she can be great fighter using some crazy electric moves.)

Fire Emblem series:

+ Marth/Lucina ( Marth is a very known veteran but since Lucina came they are pretty much the same)

Roy Eliwood ( My main in the series as well as popular to many people who played him since Melee. a must keep character)

Ike ( another veteran from Brawl that well be a keeper)

Robin ( since FE: Awakening is one of the most popular games in the series, he/she will more likely stick around)

Corrin ( FE fates is very popular in Japan and maybe popular worldwide so another character that hear to stay)

+Lyndis (she been assist trophy for awhile. I think its time for her be a character now)

Kirby series:

Kirby (veteran)

King Dedede ( Kirby's Rival. keeper)

Meta Knight ( Kirby's arch enemy must be kept in the roster)

+ Bandanna waddle Dee ( another character that was considered in the Ballot, plus appear in recent Kirby games a great addition to the roster)

Starfox series:

Fox (vetaren)

Falco (been with fox since Melee)

+Wolf O' (no doubt Wolf should be in the next roster. he was highly demanded to come back in SSB4. no excuse for him to return. hopefully with a different final smash)

Pokemon series

Pikachu (Veteran)

Jigglypuff (also known veteran)

Charizard (being one of the most popular pokemon he is a keeper)

Lucario (another popular pokemon that won't go anywhere)

Mewtwo ( like Roy Eliwood, he was brought back and one of the popular Legendary pokemon)

Greninja (new fighter that came in SSB4 and also known popular pokemon in Gen 6)

EarthBound series:

Ness (veteran)

Lucas (was cut for awhile but brought back since many people main him since Brawl)

+ Paula (i think for a character that not known very well in this series, I think she be another great addition to the roster.)

F-zero series:

Captian Falcon (veteran)

+ Samurai Goroh ( another assist trophy that can become a great character to the roster. Yeah I know another sword fighter but hell F-zero needs some love before it fades out)

+ Deathborn (another villain will be great for the roster if F-zero series get back on the spotlight)

Other Nintendo icons:

Little Mac ( he was a assist in Brawl and then became a character in SSB4. another Icon character needs to be kept around)

Mr. Game n watch (veteran since Melee)

Duck Hunt (a surprisingly New character to the series and keeper in my opinion)

Villager (he/she is new to the SSB series and the games they from are still popular. Keeper)

+ Ice Climbers (alot people wants them back so its a good chance they be back for the new roster)

+ Inklings (with Splatoon being so popular chances of them being a newcomer is very likely)

Mii fighters (not sure if these type of characters well be back around but still be considered, hopefully with more custom moves to build with)

R.O.B

Olimar

Wii-fit trainer (He/she is a good balance new character to the series)

Third party characters:

Sonic (veteran also Sega and Nintendo companies still cool with each other)

Bayonetta (since she is the Ballot winner, and known character world-wide, she more likely to stick around and hope that will be the case :-)  )

Mega-man (considering he had many games on the Nintendo consoles)

Pac-Man (very iconic, Namco/Bandai character)

Shulk ( Xenoblade series continues to be popular)

Ryu ( He a cool and iconic character)

Cloud Strife ( He was more lilkely was in just to advertise the remake of FF7)

+ Shantae ( she very demanding in the ballot and well known to alot gamers. however if by chance she becomes more popular world wide she definitely has a spot in the next roster :-) )

+ Ryu Hayabusa (If Koei/Tecmo co-ops more with Nintendo I believe he can join smash this time)

Well thats pretty much my prediction. :goodmood:

{Edit Topic}

I change some things on my first post since its been confirmed that the character roster will more likely be the same... :-)

You're already starting more speculation? Well, I want, K.Rool, Toad, Daisy, Bandanna Dee as newcomers and Wolf to come back, that's pretty much it. I think Snake should come back also.

You realize that ROB saved Nintendo right? They can't get rid of him, I'm gonna be so sad if they do. He's a piece of thier history and a unique character.

Since a more fitting thread exists now, I will not repost my predictions regarding returning veterans and elaborate on it some more.

Will definitely return:

*the original 12 [Smash 64]

*Peach, Bowser, Falco, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf, Marth, Mr. Game & Watch [Melee]

*Wario, Diddy Kong, King Dedede, Meta Knight, Lucario, Zero Suit Samus, Olimar, Pit, R.O.B., Sonic (due to Sega and Nintendo being best buddies) [Brawl]

*Rosalina & Luma, Corrin, Wii Fit Trainer, Shulk, Little Mac, Villager, Duck Hunt, Greninja, Palutena (Sakurai's waifu), Dark Pit (Sakurai's OC Donut Steal) [Smash 4]

High chance of returning (because Sakurai hates to scrap characters):

*Mewtwo (due to high DLC sucess), Roy (due to high DLC sucess), Ice Climbers (because they were only scrapped due to 3DS limitations), Dr. Mario [Melee]

*Lucas (due to high DLC sucess), Wolf (due to Starfox Zero and possible future imporant appearances of Team Star Wolf), Ike, Toon Link, Charizard [Brawl]

*Robin, Bayonetta (due to Sega and Nintendo being best buddies), Pac-Man, MegaMan, Ryu (Nintendo, Namco and Capcom being friends seems to be pretty safe) [Smash 4]

Unlikely to return:

*Young Link, Pichu [Melee]

*Squirtle, Ivysaur [Brawl]

*Bowser Jr. (he was added very last to the roster, even after Lucina and Dark Pit), Lucina, Cloud (Nintendo's friendship with Square-Enix isn't stable enough just yet) [Smash 4]

Will definitely not return:

*Snake (FucKonami) [Brawl]

Me elaborating (big wall of text):

Spoiler

I did all the predictions based on Sakurai's past behaviour. We know that Sakurai loves franchises he has a big part in (Kirby, Kid Icarus) and Fire Emblem.
That explains the big Fire Emblem representation in Smash 4 and the additions of Palutena and his OC Dark Pit, so every Kid Icarus character and every Kirby character from Smash 4 and at least the most important Fire Emblem character in Smash history will never go away. That, combined with Sakurai definitely seeing what the majority of fans want, also give both Ike and Roy good chances to return.

He also hates to scrap characters and treats every Smash game as if it's his last. Because of that, a lot of characters in Smash history have a good chance of returning or are even guaranteed to return. Also, if the next generation of hardware doesn't have limitations, then Ice Climbers are guaranteed to return, since Ice Climber were already planned in Smash 4 and Sakurai tried his best to implement Ice Climbers (all according to interviews).

Also, whenever a third party character is in Smash or not solely depend on Nintendo's relationship with the company in question. Because Nintendo and Sega are best buddies, Sonic is a lock as Sega's mascot and cashcow and Bayonetta at least has good chances (if her Smash 4 DLC is sucessful, that is). If Nintendo also gets to keep the good relationship with Capcom and Namco (which looks like this is the case), then Ryu, MegaMan and Pac-Man will return as well as the company's mascots.

Actually, if Nintendo also gets to keep a good relationship with Square-Enix, then Cloud could easily stay as well (and with enough fan demand, we might even see Geno as a newcomer), but it's currently unknown right now how stable Nintendo's relationship with Nintendo is, so whenever Cloud can stay or not is still unclear.

Young Link and Pichu are unlikely to return. Both are clones with that aren't relevant anymore. Young Link was relevant during Smash 4 because of OoT and Majora's Mask 3D, but Young Link did not return anyway, and now, Young Link missed his chance.

Also, Squirtle and Icysaur will very probably not return, again due to lack of relevancy. The only way they could possibly return is if they get merged with Charizard into POKéMON Trainer from Brawl, but I would not count on that.

Lucina and Bowser Jr are also unlikely to return. Lucina because out of all the Smash clones, Lucina has the least differences from her original (Marth), but the Bowser Jr. point is interesting.

Prior to my discoveries, I would have said that Bowser Jr. would have had good chances to return.

However, all discoveires hint at the fact that Bowser Jr. was never intended to be playable and was a last-minute addition.

Yes, Bowser Jr. was even added AFTER the clones Dr. Mario, Lucina and Dark Pit were added, and that's not really a good sign IMO.

Last, but not least, Snake. As long as Konami's situation wont improve, Snake has no chance of returning. Furthermore, the only reason Snake was in Brawl in the first place doesn't work for Konami anymore and in general has a bad relationship with Konami. Not looking good for our favorite stealth soldier...

I will do my newcomer predictions later on, but I do think that Nintendo's newcomer will solely depend on what is relevant right now, with maybe a little bit of retro because Sakurai loves retro (the only reason Ice Climbers were added in the first place).

Out of the retro characters, Takamaru is the most interesting, since he was constantly considered to be a playable in Smash (I got that from SourceGaming, which check their sources with 99% accuracy and only post things if they can quote official sources).

I also want to reiterate that unless Sakurai's thought process changes drastically, Waluigi has absolutely no chance in hell of becoming a playable.

Not until Waluigi either gets his own game or becomes Wario's sidekick in a Wario Land game (yes, Wario Land, not Wario Ware).

Ridley also has no chance in hell of becoming playable until a new Metroid game scales him down while still making it look like a good decision.

18 hours ago, SSBK65 said:

You realize that ROB saved Nintendo right? They can't get rid of him, I'm gonna be so sad if they do. He's a piece of thier history and a unique character.

Yeah I understand but I think its time for another old Retro character step in thats what I mean. Personally I don't want him to be cut then again if another Smash Bro. does comes about R.OB. may not be recognize to much at that point.

About Lucina she might end up sticking around considering she can be based on Marth mechanics since they pretty much the same character. An since FE: Awakening for now is the most popular game of the series good chance she might replace Marth or she can have her Alt. being Marth with the Mask on. thats my theory on it. :-P

9 minutes ago, Captain Papyrus said:

No. Marth will never be replaced.

After all, he is the first lord in the Fire Emblem saga.

True, can't go against that.

9 minutes ago, Captain Papyrus said:

However, I can definitely see Lucina being downgraded into a Marth alt.

What she should had been in SSB4 personally open space for another character.

2 minutes ago, Captain Papyrus said:

Actually, no.

In the case of Smash 4, it would have been Lucina or nobody.

Clones are only roster bloat and nothing else. They don't steal roster spots.

Well if you put it that way. :-P

If Lucina does return then I would like to see her do moves base on her 'Great Lord' Class from FE: Awakening. considering she uses a spear as a projectile. then she won't be much of a clone to Marth, and knowing Sakurai can rebuff similar style characters like he did with Roy Eliwood.  :goodmood:

Actually, I'm currently working on a little effort moveset revamp for Lucina for quite some time.

Neutral B can stay, Side B gets replaced with Luna, which functions like Fox Illusion, Up B gets replaced with Aether and so on.

One of my ideas was to change her Up Smash visually so instead of thrusting the falchion into the sky, she thrusts a spear instead.

I still have no idea what to replace Counter with, though. I haven't played Awakening (still need to find the opportunity to buy it), so I'm basing my knowledge off actual Fire Emblem fans on the Smash Bros sub-reddit and Lucina's appearance in Project x Zone 2 (since I assumed they had a reason for giving Lucina some spears, and they did).

1 hour ago, Captain Papyrus said:

Actually, I'm currently working on a little effort moveset revamp for Lucina for quite some time.

Neutral B can stay, Side B gets replaced with Luna, which functions like Fox Illusion, Up B gets replaced with Aether and so on.

One of my ideas was to change her Up Smash visually so instead of thrusting the falchion into the sky, she thrusts a spear instead.

I still have no idea what to replace Counter with, though. I haven't played Awakening (still need to find the opportunity to buy it), so I'm basing my knowledge off actual Fire Emblem fans on the Smash Bros sub-reddit and Lucina's appearance in Project x Zone 2 (since I assumed they had a reason for giving Lucina some spears, and they did).

My thoughts exactly. base from PxZ 2 Lucina uses spears in her combo attacks. At least she can have those type of moves since Chrom in SSB will more likely still be a Final Smash assist to Robin .

[Edit post]

Lucina's Counter can be replace for her Throwing the Spear since that can be treated as a charge move. The more she charges the Spear The further she can throw it also takes more damage depends on the range.

I definitely want Wolf to be in the next Smash Bros. And we need a Gen 2 Pokemon as a fighter and my Pokemon of choice would be Feraligatr. I looked online and someone had made him into a Smash mod that has been long time removed. I believe the moves and stuff they set is still there. He'd be the perfect Gen 2 fighter of choice since Gen 2 is really underrated.

12 hours ago, DarkWolf13 said:

I definitely want Wolf to be in the next Smash Bros. And we need a Gen 2 Pokemon as a fighter and my Pokemon of choice would be Feraligatr. I looked online and someone had made him into a Smash mod that has been long time removed. I believe the moves and stuff they set is still there. He'd be the perfect Gen 2 fighter of choice since Gen 2 is really underrated.

Now that I would agree. I notice Gen 2 pokemon dosn't get alot of attention (besides the legendaries) having Feralgatr would be great especially if it get a Mega-form.

8 hours ago, Captain Papyrus said:

Smash Bros already has a Gen2 POKéMON as a fighter: Pichu

Yeah but at this point it be more like an Alt. character to Pikachu unless giving different move set. :-P

2 hours ago, Captain Papyrus said:

Pichu wont work as an Alt Pikachu, because unlike Pikachu, Pichu hurts itself.

Actually, that could pretty much end up being in Pichu's favor, if the Rage system from Smash 4 will return and Pichu would get another benifit from getting highly damaged.

Yeah that can be the case. Though it be more better to give Pichu a whole new move set so he can be its own character then a clone. (base from the game)

for instance:

- Pichu can learn "Wild charge' instead of 'Skull bash' for its side special which makes more since cause in pokemon 'wild charge' :can damage the user of this move" which fit pichu better

- instead of 'thunder jolt" in can use 'spark' or 'charge beam' as it neutral special

- down special can still be "thunder'

- its Up special can still be  'quick attack' or better one: 'Volt switch' to give a different style of recovery.

- Final Smash can still be Volt Tackle except the move can be more swift and faster then pikachu's, plus it can cause damage to pichu when he hits his opponents on contact however the Higher the damage Pichu has the stronger the Move.

Now that be more better for it to be its own character. :goodmood:

Actually, Pichu never had Quick Attack in Melee. Pichu had Agility instead, if I remember correctly. At least I know that one of Pichu's trophies in Melee had the name for the Up B, which was definitely not Quick Attack.

Actually, here is my idea for Pichu's moveset:

Neutral B; Thunder Jolt (the Pichu's bolt bounces higher than Pikachu's bolt, though)

Side B: Flail (the more damage Pichu received, the more powerful that move is, and it does not hurt Pichu)

Up B: Agility (same like in Melee but without Pichu hurting itself, thus being extremely useful in terms of recovery)

Down B: Thunder (works like Melee version of Thunder instead of Pikachu's Brawl version)

Final Smash: Volt Tackle (actually, your idea for Pichu's Volt Tackle is pretty good)

Mainly, only electric attacks give Pichu recoil now. I always found it weird that Pichu's Up B did recoil damage despite not being an electric attack.

1 minute ago, Captain Papyrus said:

Mainly, only electric attacks give Pichu recoil now. I always found it weird that Pichu's Up B did recoil damage despite not being an electric attack.

Yeah I found that kind of weird myself. which i think 'Volt switch' makes better since to me for his up special. but your idea for his agility sounds pretty cool just the only factor you should include that it dosn't hurt it opponents since 'agility' dosn't cause damage in any sort.

Now im trying to think what would be a good final smash for these guys:

Fox

Falco

Wolf 'O

considering they all have the same type of move but It be cool if each one of them has a different unique final smash.

Fox of course can keep his Land Master. However Falco and Wolf 'O needs to be different for the next Smash.

Going to have to be Nintendo owned or nintendo allied and with high promise of sales.

-The most popular pokemon at the time the next add is ready to come out

-The most sexy and popular character after Bayonetta

-Shadow the Hedgehog

-Inklings from Splatoon

-Super Mario Maker character

-ZombiU character?

ZombiU is not relevant anymore.

It's also close to losing it's Nintendo-exclusivity.

Also, Super Mario Maker doesn't really have any noteworthy new characters, and Super Mario Maker being limited to an awesome stage like in Smash 4 is perfect representation for Super Mario Maker.

Also, not sure what to think off point two, because Nintendo only has Zamus and Palutena and that's it.

I do agree on every other point, though. I'm pretty sure that whoever is the most popular POKéMON in the next generations is guaranteed to appear as a newcomer.

They might bring a ZombiU or Dead Island back in just to pull the zombie and horror crowd. They got Ryu thru a deal, so maybe theyll get a sexy girl thru another deal? I cant think of anybody tho, Lara is PS. Since Capcom is cool with them, maybe Ada Wong, or Leon?

They could do a SMM character, maybe have a Mario who can switch forms per amount of life or a special or something. It would pull a ton of people.

Whatever superheroes they got may pop up to gain from the Superman Batman and Suicide Squad hype.

Question is, do you think theyd dare get a Outlast character? Or too hard for smash?

I hope they don't overdo the additions of third-party characters. As much as I like the idea of it but they really overdid it in SSB4, Especially after Platinum's Bayonetta and Square Enix's Cloud joined the roster. We have 5 third party companies in SSB4... let's hope the next game tone down on those...