Weird green thing on stages mugen 1.1

Tyler

Question

I added some older stages to 1.1 mugen and some of them seem to have this weird green image somewhere on the stage

i looked in the .sff and its not in there, and it doesnt appear on mugen 1.0 either.

FreqDW9.png

12 answers to this question

yeah that fixed it

seems to be the light from a sun in the stage, changed the sprite to green or something when in opengl.

any idea why?

Your PC doesnt support OpenGL so when you try 1.1 in that mode instead of improving the game graphics (like reducing colorloss) it makes them worse. 

More likely that your video card does not support the "minimum" requirements to display Mugen in OpenGL correctly so yeah you could have (Which makes is enoght to other games to works) but not the enoght for Mugen.

what are the minimum requirements?

Welp, that was easy.  It has nothing to do with OpenGL support or some nonsense.  The stage is programmed wrong!

Look for this block and change mask to 1 as shown.

[BG resplandor]
type        = normal
spriteno    = 0,3
layerno     = 0
start       = -550,170
trans       = add
mask        = 1   ;<--- NEEDS TO BE 1 NOT 0
delta       = 3,0
ID          = 1

for the most part I believe almost ALL graphics card in the past 15 years (from 2000 onward) have OpenGL in it in some form or way.

since they issue is code related, I'll just throw this in.

If opengl doesnt work for you try putting mugen into safemode.

Let's clear this up with actual information.

Mugen 1.1's OpenGL mode requires support for OpenGL 2.1 (and appropriate shaders) which was released in 2006.  I've never had the opportunity to test it, but Mugen 1.1 should run on hardware as old as the X1950s.  Maybe X1800.  It does not run on the Intel i945g (and possibly newer Intel GPUs) because it lacks the appropriate shader support.

This "glitch" is a result of older Mugen versions rendering stage sprites improperly.  The mask setting was basically ignored.  Mugen 1.1 no longer renders it improperly, so stages that are coded with mask = 0 will do this.  What you're seeing is the mask color (usually magic pink) being displayed.