Replacement Icons 9000,0

Kaze No Ken

Question

Hello everyone! Tell me how to replace the icon 9000.0 from another character without distorting the color palette! For example, I replace the icon (picture) from one to the other Ken! I have distorted color sprites and in the game icon lifebars obscure colors!

15 answers to this question

Did you apply the palette first? Cause if you just went in and added it, it'll do that to you. Also, the colors of the portrait MUST match that of the character. If it doesn't, the colors will be out of place.

Tell me how to apply the palette for new sprite 9000,0

SUPPOSEDLY.

When you add the image you dont have to make it a shared palette.

I was told years ago by Cyanide that small portraits and big portraits do not need to share colors.

If thats the case then you shouldnt have any trouble when you replace the sprite and "NOT" share the pal.

@ squirtle, actually when using Fighter Factory, you can start at any sprite and not nessesarilly the small portrait.

in winmugen and dosmugen and OLDER none mugen 1.0 characters, YES you SHOULD start with it, but you don't have to, cause fighter factory can fix it.

I think I understand your problem, Kaze. This is JMorphMan's Guile, Which uses Color Seperation, Which means, you need to find the template he used for Guile, and base the small portrait off that IF you want to use the "Shared Palette" feature.

Option #2: goto the end of the SFF which would be 614/614, click add pcx find your Guile sm portrait, and hit ok after you are happy with your X-Axis/Y-Axis, since normal sm ports are 25 x 25 and yours is 18x18, I think -7 for both X and Y Axis' would sum up the differences, unless your using it for a certain LB.