Call of Duty AW

Cayne

PS4 

COD is more traditional FPS than Gears. It's going to feel a lot different.

Yea, it shifts between fine and laggy too much. Fortunately, it's not a big issue on Survival mode. Been thinking of grinding up the rounds cleared in Survival to get Riot once I hit level 50 in Multiplayer.

Shit my back log is to deep to grind this guy out, maybe later on but between work, my son consistent challenges in the fighting games (the force is strong in that one) and 2k15 im swamped

Oh boy, you better find someone to host Riot for you at this point. It takes a loooooooong time to unlock.

Been thinking it may be faster to intentionally fail early. Like do 5 rounds and then quit and do over since early rounds are easy and fast.

Oh boy, you better find someone to host Riot for you at this point. It takes a loooooooong time to unlock.

Been thinking it may be faster to intentionally fail early. Like do 5 rounds and then quit and do over since early rounds are easy and fast.

Dammit man  I guess that's the best route. Its sad that they don't put this much effort into the single player. Golden eye set a standard never to be matched in a fps

Dammit man  I guess that's the best route. Its sad that they don't put this much effort into the single player. Golden eye set a standard never to be matched in a fps

It's because people no longer play shooters for the story.

Guess what I spent all day unlocking?

CallofDutyreg_AdvancedWarfare_2014110822

CallofDutyreg_AdvancedWarfare_2014110822

I've been checking out the user reviews on Steam for CoD : AW, since should I buy it, I'd buy it for PC.

And overall the game seems to have gotten much more negative reviews than positive ones. This could very well be just because many people are jumping on the "CoD Hate Train" that's been running on the internet tracks for years now, just for the sake of doing it.

From what I've gathered, the most complaints are that :

- SP is a copy-paste from MW2's story

- MP is laggy as hell, causing it to become unplayable

- P2P servers instead of dedicated servers (which were promised to us but we still haven't gotten yet, and most people think we'll never will), make for an excellent opportunity for hackers to run rampant

- The game blatantly ripps-off elements from various other games and tries to give it a "CoD-Sauce", which for most people doesn't make it that innovative at all

Now I'd like the opinions of people I trust a bit more than random reviewers on Steam and who also got the game so : do you guys agree with all points mentioned above? Why (not) ? Do you have the same problems on console? Is it justified to call this game trash just because it's not innovative enough and "just the same old thing with a slightly different coat"?

Actually, is it justified for gamers to expect that every game released should be innovative in one way or the other? And rip it apart if it doesn't manage to be that sufficiently or at all?

- SP is a copy-paste from MW2's story

That's Ghosts. More specifically, Ghosts took scenes from MW2 and re-used them for it's campaign(You can even look up a YT video showing comparisons. The new IW was very lazy.)

AW's story is significantly different from MW2's.

Also, we're not going to talk about "Press button to Pay respects"

- MP is laggy as hell, causing it to become unplayable

Yea, this is true. I even mentioned it earlier. But they're definitely working on it. in fact, I had smooth matches yesterday. Still not perfect, but far better than the slideshow it was before.

- P2P servers instead of dedicated servers (which were promised to us but we still haven't gotten yet, and most people think we'll never will), make for an excellent opportunity for hackers to run rampant

Never understood why they never made dedicated servers for COD. It's always been P2P. This is also the reason why it's known for it's host disadvantage since the game is programmed to make the host's actions be slightly delayed in an attempt to make it fair which screws over whoever is host more than making host vs everyone else fair. As for the hackers, I don't doubt they exist, but I haven't seen one Post-MW2.

- The game blatantly ripps-off elements from various other games and tries to give it a "CoD-Sauce", which for most people doesn't make it that innovative at all

If it's the Titanfall thing, I'm calling BS.

TF was revealed last year. It's likely that Sledgehammer had been developing AW before TF's reveal(If they are to be believed, at least 1 year before Respawn revealed their game)

Now I'd like the opinions of people I trust a bit more than random reviewers on Steam and who also got the game so : do you guys agree with all points mentioned above? Why (not) ? Do you have the same problems on console? Is it justified to call this game trash just because it's not innovative enough and "just the same old thing with a slightly different coat"?

Actually, is it justified for gamers to expect that every game released should be innovative in one way or the other? And rip it apart if it doesn't manage to be that sufficiently or at all?

While I agree that games should try to be innovative, there really isn't that much you can change for a shooter. In COD's case, they really can't change the formula that much or it stops being COD altogether. Advance Warfare's Exo-suits are already pushing it and was the main reason why people were saying AW was not like Call of Duty.

Besides, COD has a clear influence among shooters. Very few shooters nowadays don't have a loadout system with perks in their multiplayer, for example.

Wait,so the zombie dlc is out?

also how hard is it to unlock customization options?

i love customization and that could be the deal reaker.

You can start customizing after introduction. The game awards skill points for completeing objectives. I believe the zombies mode is on the disc and recall DF saying it took a while to get the skin (which is awesome)

Wait,so the zombie dlc is out?

also how hard is it to unlock customization options?

i love customization and that could be the deal reaker.

There's a zombie bonus round in the last map of Survival.

- Completing the campaign and getting the upgrade points to upgrade your SP exo suit will give you the Atlas Campaign customization items.

- Unlocking the map tiers and maxing out Exo stats in survival will give the Zombie customization items. The actual zombie character is unlocked by completing Riot survival.

- They give you customization items after reaching certain level milestones in Multiplayer

- You may get random customization items through supply drops which you get around every 45 minutes of gameplay(roughly every 5 matches).

You can start customizing after introduction. The game awards skill points for completeing objectives. I believe the zombies mode is on the disc and recall DF saying it took a while to get the skin (which is awesome)

Zombies mode is just Round 11 in Riot and is not much of a zombies mode. Survive for a while then get to a point to clear it.

It takes a while to get because unlocking Riot Survival is time consuming as hell. But you can get it quicker if you have someone host the map for you.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Perplex Map Gameplay & Grapple Gameplay + Drift0r's thoughts about them both

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRWhlnliThU

Climate Map Gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9C-9uHmmXo

Chop Shop Map Gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQwU5ZvkysQ