Your top/bottom # video game character name(s)!

Werewood

Share your top/bottom # video game character name(s) in here yo!

Please put aside the visual and audio designs and game plays of the video game character name(s), just focus on the name itself, I mean the word or the noun (i.e. Peter, Susan, Hello Kitty...etc.).  It can be related to the source game and its story though.

My top five (5) video game character names:

5) Sir Arthur
- from the Ghosts 'N Goblins series
* he took the name of a legendary king of medieval Britain, as a Chinese, I have been fascinated by Western knights riding white handsome horses in cartoons and movies.  A knight in the name of "Arthur" gives me an impression that he must be a very brave and righteous man.  I think all societies need some knights more than heroes because I think knights are smarter than heroes.
And I guess you guys know what it means by "white-knighting" something/someone.......

4) Lufia
- from the RPG Lufia aka Estpolis Denki series
* is "Luifa" an actual English female name (my English is bad.....)?
Lufia is said to be a separate personality of Erim, the Sinistral of Death.  I really like the fact that the other three (3) Sinistrals can keep coming back when Lufia (Erim) has not been completely dead.
Name-wise, I note that most names ending with "-a" usually refer to a female.  So, One Piece Luffy, after a gender switch, can be called "Lufia" too?  LOL!

3) Edmond Honda (or the common E. Honda)
- from the Street Fighter II and up series
* everybody knows "Honda/本田" refers to a Japanese surname and a well-known Japanese car manufacturer.
I like the name "Honda" as a video game character as much as my favorite Honda car:

xQkyYsM.png
* 1989 Honda CRX S1 pixel art credit to modster91

2) Thomas
- from the Kung-Fu Master aka Spartan X series
* a very common English mail name indeed, yet, to me, "Thomas" is a special name to me.  It is because he is the hero in the world's first sideways-scrolling beat-em-up video game.  Even the "Karate Champ", the world's first one-on-one fighting game, was based on the Kung-Fu Master aka Spartan X.  The game itself was based on an old Chinese Kung-Fu movie "Wheels on Meals/快餐車", starring Jackie Chan (as Thomas) and Benny "The Jet" Urquidez (a sub-boss).
"Jackie Chan versus Benny Urquidez" was one of the most famous scenes of all old Chinese Kung-Fu movies:

1) Ax Battler / Kain Blade
- from the Golden Axe series
* wholly molly the Golden Axe series is my favorite Sega action game!  Ax Battler / Kain Blade is my long-time Sega hero!
literally Ax might mean an "Axe" and Ax Battler might be someone who had battle against an axe wielder like the Death Adder, hence a "sword vs axe" battle.  Not to mention I like a barbarian good guy as much as a brave and righteous knight.  If you know my MUGEN forum habit, then you might have noticed that I have been using Kain Blade avatar since the first day in all MUGEN forums that I have registered to:

photo-3774.png?_r=1365021704

My bottom five (5) video game character names:

5) Son Goku
- from the Dragon Ball series
* according to my topic, Dragon Ball series is my top #1 anime, so why would Son Goku be in my bottom list?  It is because, the Japanese name "Son Goku/孫悟空", was stolen from a character of a Chinese fictional classic novel widely known by Chinese people - the original Sun Wu Kong/孫悟空, the main character in the "Journey to the West", who is the king of all monkeys.  This is the only part that I consider a "flaw" in the Dragon Ball series.

4) Gill
- from the Street Fighter III series
* in an English dictionary, "Gill" means an organ found in fishes.  How could a fighter god like Gill use a fish's organ to name himself?  Unless someone is going to explain to me why Capcom used the name for Gill, even he is my favorite SF boss, I am still not fond of his given name like this.......Seth in SF IV is a much better boss name, even though not so original......

3) Guile
- from the Street Fighter II and up series
* in an English dictionary, "Guile" means sly or cunning intelligence.  Heck, Street Fighter Guile's strategy is too straight-forward to call it anything like sly or cunning!  There are far many more sly and cunning characters than Guile!
Capcom's video game character naming convention is indeed very sly and cunning!  154218d4.gif

2) Akari
- from The Last Blade series
* I usually make a mistake that Akari = Akira because of their similar spelling.  So confusing.....5c745924.gif

1) Scharlachrot/Petra Johanna Lagerkvist/Lieselotte Achenbach
- from the Arcana Heart series
* now Arcana Heart fans are gonna hate me!  I am not fond of long-assed and hard-to-pronounce names like these.......not to mention it is too hard to spell and remember too!  As a Chinese, I only know of some popular English names and understand some of the meanings.  But for these Arcana Heart ones, I have no idea at all.......

Here are my top 5 Video Game Characters:

5. Ibuki Mioda

- From Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair

* Just cause she can't sing well, doesn't mean she can't scream in song well.

* Heads up, she's a punk rock singer.

4. Cody Travers

- From both the Final Fight and Street Fighter franchises

* Criminal Upper! But, no, seriously though, Cody's got the making's of a genuine fallen hero-turned-brawler.

3. Fuu

- From the Naruto series

* Outcast by her own village? Didn't stop Fuu from harnessing the power of the Seven-Tails, Chomei the Shichibi.

2. Chihiro Fujisaki

- From Trigger Happy Havoc: Danganronpa

* Who says being smart doesn't have it's advantages? This young teenage boy, yes, I said boy for those who don't know, created Alter Ego and helped the others at Hope's Peak escape, even in death.......

1. Ermac

- From the Mortal Kombat series

* Telekinisis powers gives Ermac the edge he needs to be at the top of my list. Also, the fact that he started out as a rumored glitch makes him that much more deserving.

* Besides, he's got a badass alternate outfit in MK9.

Now for my bottom 5......

5. Junko Enoshima

- From Trigger Happy Havoc: Danganronpa

* The mastermind behind all that happened at Hope's Peak, Junko caused a number of death with the executions involved.

4. Mikan Tsumiki

- From Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair

* She not only off'd Ibuki by stangling her, but she had the nerve to cut Saionji's throat.

3. Eddie "Killbane" Pryor

- From Saints Row: The Third

* He took over the Syndicate and almost got rid of the 3rd Street Saints. He ran off like a coward before he was able to do that.

2. Onslaught

- From Marvel VS. Capcom

* Hailing from the X-Men series, this cheap bastard gave me trouble

1. Zinyak

- From Saints Row IV

* Just the name alone gives you some kind of an idea for how much I hate this guy

* He tops the bottom 5 because he literally destroyed the Earth.