Takahashi Genjin / Master Higgins released by Anamochi 10/6/2014

drpepperfan

Well, he's mostly source accurate. But he randomly goes to his skateboarding sprite when getting hit and at other times. He also gets stuck in air, and sometimes clones himself when that fairy is with him. That's about it...

Every time I see a new 8-bit FC/NES MUGEN release I feel so touched..... :crywithno: RDYCAIB.png/wILqdZp.png ........since someone still remembers the greatest 8-bit FC/NES stuff and is willing to convert some of it to MUGEN.  I don't care about the MUGEN author and his/her/its MUGEN authoring skill and MUGEN reputation.

Just one (1) issue I found in this Takahashi Genjin MUGEN version:
In its takahashi_genjin.air:
[begin Action 5040]
Clsn2: 1
  Clsn2[0] = -13, -101, 21, -49
 41,  1,  0,  0,  3
  Clsn2[0] = -23, -91, 23, -60
 42,  1,  0,  0,  3
  Clsn2[0] = -17, -96, 19, -39
 42,  2,  0, 16,  3
  Clsn2[0] = -40, -96, 18, -59
 42,  3,  0, 16,  3
  Clsn2[0] = -9, -107, 21, -59
 42,  4,  0,  0,  4

** those 42, 1-4 sprites don't exist in its takahashi_genjin.sff.........resulting in the Air Recover animation being invisible... **

** changing those numbers all to 41, 0, may fix the issue **

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Off-topic:

Takahashi Meijin no Boukenjima........I prefer Hudson's version over Sega's version (Wonder Boy).

YFw4EJ9.jpg

WfdGZ7L.jpg

EprZMFM.jpg

** The fat boy in the photo was a Hudson Soft staff.  He was also responsible for the Star Soldier game series **

Let me share a bit of my FC Takahashi Meijin no Boukenjima experience.  In my local arcade, an arcade machine was hacked to be able to run a 8-bit FC Takahashi Meijin no Boukenjima.  Since I was training myself hard enough at home with my own FC Takahashi Meijin no Boukenjima, I could reach almost the last level boss (8-4) in the arcade WITH ONE (1) COIN, too bad I lost all lives at level (8-3), and I remember there was a crowd behind me seeing my FC Takahashi Meijin no Boukenjim skill!  :=D:

Yeah, that's the honeygirl fairy from the game, which comes from the anime based on the game. Taken from the same game :P

In other words: It is Street Fighter 2 The Movie all over again, but with an anime instead of a live action movie.

If I knew, how the Adventure Island anime is called, I might even watch that anime, since I have fond memories of the original Adventure Island.