Fixing/Editing Holy Ken

Umezono

b__chars_hken_hken_def.jpg

I've always liked the "rare" MVC Ken edit "Holy Ken" by Sub-Zero and BadAssBoy (found here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/k99p3uh97q9hpi4/Holy+Ken.zip) but I kind of recognize its a pretty horrid character with a fuckton of problems. I have no idea how to MUGEN or to contribute to MUGEN so I thought, hey, what better way than to fix a personal favorite of mine. SO I decided to take it upon myself to fix the clsns on all 362 of Holy Ken's animations (including all the weird frankensprited stuff) armed with nothing but KOD's basic CLSN tut and Kamekaze's Ken as reference for his basic clsn stuff.

6KzQ5IF.png vs. 0wcG6eQ.png
5OiXrb0.png vs. aOclq8w.png

I know this is pretty underwhelming, but for me its hard work to go and fix shit on all of this, cause its my first time doing any such work and also I think it would be worth it to have Holy Ken not be a total piece of shit on the technical side :P I just want to learn.

Next on my list is to fix the character itself but I don't know how to code but I think firstly I'll fix the priorities on some of his attacks and make them accurate to some game, idk what yet, I have to look at what games have published frame data and stuff, and I want to start playing Ken in some games on emulator so I can get a feel for his shit. I really want to learn how to MUGEN code so I'm hoping poking around the code and fixing issues will help me get a feel for stuff when I start my first original character. IDK. if anyone has anywhere to point me in terms of Ken frame data for any game that uses his versus incarnation I am down to check it out. Until then I am working off of Kamekaze's stuff like the fuckin leech I am lol

Once I get far enough in (I only just started tonight and got a good amount done but not really enough to post nything) I'll put up a link so I can start getting feedback and ideas

this is the best way to learn how to code.

you decide to fix up a character that you feel needs to be recognized.

I did the same thing many years ago.

if you want a game plan, i recommend just cleaning up his AIR file for now. (AIR file is the animations file with the red and blue clsn boxes)

progress! im around normals/air normals now

old j. hk vs. new j. hk vs. kamekaze mvc3 ken j. hk vs. sf4 j. hk

PnUZs5H.png vs. 7PuxXMd.png vs. EItT0Jn.png vs. FJHK.png

ajKjjPi.png

went for a fatter hitbox on ken's head. idk if there is way to just copy this and paste it for all his animations where i need it, trying to recreate this size each time is painstaking